+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT exempt from LIMA from USA

PrateekAg

Jul 10, 2020
I applied for ICT in May, 2020. Biometrics were done for PR application in Feb , 2020.

I still have not got an update yet.

werehere

Jul 10, 2020
Applied for ICT specialized knowledge work permit from USA. Not approved yet,
Here is my timeline:

Feb 27, 2020: Applied online, I've got conformation and Biometrics instruction letters the same day
March 13, 2020: Biometrics done at ASC
March 19, 2020: IRCC processing changed
Apr 1, 2020
: web-form inquiry to IRCC sent
May 05, 2020: get a response from IRCC
Your inquiry has been received. Please be advised that due to the exceptional circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, we are only processing temporary resident applications if the work duties are identified as meeting the definition of an essential service or function.Your application will be reviewed as soon as possible once regular processing resume
June 10, 2020: sent another web-form inquiry to IRCC
June 15, 2020: got another generic response from IRCC
We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArpitaMathur

ArpitaMathur

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Applied for ICT specialized knowledge work permit from USA. Not approved yet,
Here is my timeline:

Feb 27, 2020: Applied online, I've got conformation and Biometrics instruction letters the same day
March 13, 2020: Biometrics done at ASC
March 19, 2020: IRCC processing changed
Apr 1, 2020
: web-form inquiry to IRCC sent
May 05, 2020: get a response from IRCC

June 10, 2020: sent another web-form inquiry to IRCC
June 15, 2020: got another generic response from IRCC
Hello, any updates? I booked my biometric for next week.

werehere

Jul 10, 2020
Hello, any updates? I booked my biometric for next week.
Nothing so far. Although IRCC is resuming processing of visitor visas and have stated that work permit application are being processed, it is still my understanding that it is limited based on the nature of work/purpose of entry to Canada.

ArpitaMathur

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Nothing so far. Although IRCC is resuming processing of visitor visas and have stated that work permit application are being processed, it is still my understanding that it is limited based on the nature of work/purpose of entry to Canada.
Was it filed under GSS?