Cooldeepu1

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Application filled on 2 nd November 2018 waiting hopefully for ITA in the next draw in November 18.
Hi. I have completed by PGPM (IBS Mumbai) & MBA (ICFAI Dehradun). As mentioned WES does not recognize ICFAI, and few members mentioned they have been evaluated as Master's. Should I continue and send the transcripts for both? What are the chances that it won't be considered at all?
As some members have mentioned rightly, it used to be considered as a master's degree before however now it is not. At best it might be considered as a post graduate diploma of 1 year.No point sending transcripts to both as all the ECAs have pretty much the same standards in terms of recagonition of colleges.

Raghav1980

Feb 13, 2017
All Ex ICFAI Grads,

I had graduated from ICFAI Hyderabad in 2005. Had done the 3 Year course: 1 Year PGDCA (PG Diploma in Computer Applications) & 2 Year MBA.

I had to get a copy of my degrees in a sealed envelope from ICFAI Hyderabad. When I went to the college to get those, the lady there told me to update my MBA degree to ICFAI University Dehradun before I apply. There was some formalities, on the universities side, that were pending at the time due to which they had issues older degrees. These formalities were completed by the university later & were applicable as 'back dated'. So, they re-issued the original MBA Degree from ICFAI Dehradun, attached a copy of old PGDCA & new MBA degree in a Sealed Envelope & mailed me the new Original & the sealed copies. I then proceeded to mail WES the sealed envelopes.

WES accepted & recognized my ICFAI Dehradun MBA Degree, but not my PGDCA degree. This was back in 2015.

I am currently a Canada PR living in Toronto. So, contrary to the information here, WES should indeed honor the MBA degree if you have done a full time course at the campus (not sure about distance education) & sent the ICFAI Dehradun Degree copies in a sealed envelope.

I find it hard to believe that WES would suddenly change their policy towards a recognized university.

PS. I also had sent my Graduation Degrees in similar sealed envelopes to WES & so did my wife.

Reactions: Dko16

Safatali08

Nov 20, 2018
HI deyka, I completed my PGPM certificate from IBS Gurgaon in 2015 with no degree from ICFAI Dehradun. Would my certificate qualified as equivalent? Please reply
any update here. as I am ibs bangalore pass out and confused whether Wes considers ibs pgpm equivalent to canada masters or not

Safatali08

Nov 20, 2018
Hi all,

I am planning to start my process and before doing the same just need a favour. I have done my pgpm full time from ibs bangalore so will it be considered as equivalent to Canadian masters.??

ABAJ

Nov 20, 2018
Just don't worry about it. I have got my WES done for ICFAI university and it is a recognised university for Canada immigration.

Reactions: Safatali08

Safatali08

Nov 20, 2018
Just don't worry about it. I have got my WES done for ICFAI university and it is a recognised university for Canada immigration.
if you do not mind then can i get your contact details or email id? i m in a serious confusion and need help.

Safatali08

Nov 20, 2018
All Ex ICFAI Grads,

I had graduated from ICFAI Hyderabad in 2005. Had done the 3 Year course: 1 Year PGDCA (PG Diploma in Computer Applications) & 2 Year MBA.

I had to get a copy of my degrees in a sealed envelope from ICFAI Hyderabad. When I went to the college to get those, the lady there told me to update my MBA degree to ICFAI University Dehradun before I apply. There was some formalities, on the universities side, that were pending at the time due to which they had issues older degrees. These formalities were completed by the university later & were applicable as 'back dated'. So, they re-issued the original MBA Degree from ICFAI Dehradun, attached a copy of old PGDCA & new MBA degree in a Sealed Envelope & mailed me the new Original & the sealed copies. I then proceeded to mail WES the sealed envelopes.

WES accepted & recognized my ICFAI Dehradun MBA Degree, but not my PGDCA degree. This was back in 2015.

I am currently a Canada PR living in Toronto. So, contrary to the information here, WES should indeed honor the MBA degree if you have done a full time course at the campus (not sure about distance education) & sent the ICFAI Dehradun Degree copies in a sealed envelope.

I find it hard to believe that WES would suddenly change their policy towards a recognized university.

PS. I also had sent my Graduation Degrees in similar sealed envelopes to WES & so did my wife.
so , is it possible to do with PGPM(IBS Bangalore)

Raghav1980

Feb 13, 2017
so , is it possible to do with PGPM(IBS Bangalore)
It's hard for me to confirm or deny this as I did not validate such a degree from WES.

If I were to bet my money on it, I would guess not. Mainly because, my PGDCA from IBS Hyderabad was not recognized by them. The lady at ICFAI had mentioned that the older MBA Degree from IBS Hyderabad might have been rejected. The issue is that IBS Hyderabad or Bangalore are not recognized Universities. Its just a technical issue unfortunately.

Having said that, I see no harm in trying. In case its not recognized, worst case you will loose some points. Based on my experience Age is a bigger factor for points than anything else. So, if you can manage minimum 8 in IELTS & are younger, you still have high chances of being picked up in Express Entry. If you are older than 35, then even having a Post Graduate Degree won't help much.

ramkannans

Dec 16, 2018
You need to call icfai dehradun and ask them to directly email transcripts to ices. We did the same. see the ices requirements on the bcit website
Thanks Navin. whether we need to validate both Bachelor and Masters in ICES? or only Masters enough? for Canada PR. no Hard copies needed for ICES?. sorry for too many questions.

meghpara

Feb 13, 2019
I have completed my MBA from ICFAI Sikkim in distance mode. Will WES consider it as master's degree or one year PGDM or bachelor ?