+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICES (BCIT) Timeline

King K

Apr 11, 2021
ICES seems to be struggling to keep up with the no. of applications they're receiving, after extending their timeline to 30 weeks, they completely shut off their online application system last week saying they won't be accepting anymore for a while but they seem to have opened up that option again.

I don't know whether they're struggling with manpower or if there is a covid outbreak in their area but they can't seem to get off the struggle bus lol

King K

Apr 11, 2021
Anyway, here's my current timeline -

ICES profile created, status Incomplete File (Docs Required) - 27th Jan
Transcripts mailed by Master's College, Bangalore, India - 13th Feb (got stuck in customs hold for eternity)
Transcripts mailed by Bachelor's College, Delhi, India - 24th Feb
ICES status changed to Documents Received (Being checked) - 3rd March

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
ICES seems to be struggling to keep up with the no. of applications they're receiving, after extending their timeline to 30 weeks, they completely shut off their online application system last week saying they won't be accepting anymore for a while but they seem to have opened up that option again.

I don't know whether they're struggling with manpower or if there is a covid outbreak in their area but they can't seem to get off the struggle bus lol
They should increase the number of people working. 30 weeks is insane

Konica Jaswal

Feb 8, 2018
Hello Everyone,
I have applied for ECA from BCIT ICES. They received documents on 22nd feb,2021 from my university. Today I received a mail saying your myBCIT account has been updated to k****@my.bcit.ca to correctly reflect your legal name. There are no other impacts or changes to your bcit email account. Please advise your instructor or contacts of your new BCIT email address.
Has anyone got the same email at some point of time? I am not able to understand where to check this update.
Thanks!

King K

Apr 11, 2021
Hello Everyone,
I have applied for ECA from BCIT ICES. They received documents on 22nd feb,2021 from my university. Today I received a mail saying your myBCIT account has been updated to k****@my.bcit.ca to correctly reflect your legal name. There are no other impacts or changes to your bcit email account. Please advise your instructor or contacts of your new BCIT email address.
Has anyone got the same email at some point of time? I am not able to understand where to check this update.
Thanks!
No, haven't heard of this but sounds like if you're giving direct access to a university to check your ECA through BCIT then they'd need to be informed of this email change, that's it.

If you haven't given permission to share this report with anyone then it shouldn't matter.

Reactions: Konica Jaswal

ALL # STAR

Apr 26, 2021
FINALLLLY :D

ICES status changed to Documents Received (Being checked) - 3rd March
ICES status changed to Evaluation in Progress - 14th May

hello brother yesterday my status also change "evaluation in progress" so brother how much time will it takes to delivered hard copy by mail ?

King K

Apr 11, 2021
hello brother yesterday my status also change "evaluation in progress" so brother how much time will it takes to delivered hard copy by mail ?
Sister* :p

From all the timelines posted on this thread (if you live outside Canada), it can take anywhere from 7-15 days for your status to change from 'Evaluation in Progress' to 'Evaluation Complete & Mailed'. Then depending on where you live, the courier with the final report will take 3-4 days to reach you.
(If you chose the regular post option instead of courier then it can take anywhere from 10 days to even a month more for the hard copy to reach)

ALL # STAR

Apr 26, 2021
Sister* :p

From all the timelines posted on this thread (if you live outside Canada), it can take anywhere from 7-15 days for your status to change from 'Evaluation in Progress' to 'Evaluation Complete & Mailed'. Then depending on where you live, the courier with the final report will take 3-4 days to reach you.
(If you chose the regular post option instead of courier then it can take anywhere from 10 days to even a month more for the hard copy to reach)

sorry my mistake
I want to know that I submitted 200 Canadian dollars plus 75 Canadian dollars for courier delivery.
so they provide me with a tracking code to track right?

and on regular mail, 75 Canadian dollars is not included ?
please guide.

King K

Apr 11, 2021
I want to know that I submitted 200 Canadian dollars plus 75 Canadian dollars for courier delivery.
so they provide me with a tracking code to track right?

and on regular mail, 75 Canadian dollars is not included ?
please guide.
Yes, you're right. If you've paid 75 CAD that means you've opted for courier delivery, which is pretty fast, 3-4 days usually. And yes, 9/10 times they provide you with a tracking code.