+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICAS CANADA - APPLICATION TIMELINES

DZIFA

Apr 18, 2019
Date Event
04-15-2019 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
04-04-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
02-25-2019 Additional information required. Communication sent by email
01-29-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
01-18-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
01-17-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
12-22-2018 Application Received

Above is my timeline from ICAS, is it likely that they will get to April anytime soon?

amyth.india

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Date Event
04-15-2019 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
04-04-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
02-25-2019 Additional information required. Communication sent by email
01-18-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
01-17-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
12-22-2018 Application Received

Above is my timeline from ICAS, is it likely that they will get to April anytime soon?
Drop them an email and share what date do they say that your documents were received. Only after seeing it, one can comment about the time it may take.

Vinkle Sharma

Aug 26, 2019
Just got an email response from ICAS for immigration related ECA that they are currently preparing reports for documents received on or before 19 December 2019.

Golden rule is “8 Months Patience” after you were placed in the queue.

Wishes

Vinkle Sharma

Aug 26, 2019
I sent them an email about the time it takes to review the application for completeness and place it in the queue. My documents had been lying there for the last 20 days. They didnt reply to my email but the next day my status was updated to "application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment". Now I'm sure they plan to keep it like that for the next 3 months so I sent them another email asking them about whether they will be able to send the report now in ten weeks or not. I asked them to let me know if they cant so that I can send it elsewhere for assessment as well because I still have time for that. Lets see what they have to say now
Wait for atleast 6 more months

jugal123

Apr 4, 2019
SMU Bachelors degree
Still have to wait 15-20days then I can update u all
Current processing time is 8-9 months.
I might
For your file, appropriate documentation was received on December 31, 2018.

For the type of report which you requested, Assessment and Research Consultants are currently preparing reports for files for which we received appropriate documentation on, or before, December 19, 2018.

love6784

Star Member
May 13, 2019
SMU Bachelors degree
Still have to wait 15-20days then I can update u all
Current processing time is 8-9 months.
I might
For your file, appropriate documentation was received on December 31, 2018.

For the type of report which you requested, Assessment and Research Consultants are currently preparing reports for files for which we received appropriate documentation on, or before, December 19, 2018.
Please let us know once you get an update on your file, so then we can estimate ours...but this is unbelievable they are so slow..on August 21 they were processing applications they received documents on December 18, 2018.

veeru5

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hello All,
Asking on behalf of a friend:

1) Has anybody got their distant education from SMU (specifically two years MBA in Finance) evaluated by ICAS? If yes, how much time it took? And was it evaluated as Masters Degree or Diploma?

* Friend just wanted Masters to be evaluated by ICAS 'coz it is not evaluated by any other board. Bachelors was evaluated by IQAS previously.

2) Do you guys thing it will make a difference in terms of timeline if we are only asking to assess masters (Distant Education) here?

Thanks in advance. I can check the timelines from my frnd. His evaluation status got updated in July 2019, stating it is in the queue.

RajanCAaspirant

Feb 26, 2019
Hyderabad
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2019
Hello All,
Asking on behalf of a friend:

1) Has anybody got their distant education from SMU (specifically two years MBA in Finance) evaluated by ICAS? If yes, how much time it took? And was it evaluated as Masters Degree or Diploma?

* Friend just wanted Masters to be evaluated by ICAS 'coz it is not evaluated by any other board. Bachelors was evaluated by IQAS previously.

2) Do you guys thing it will make a difference in terms of timeline if we are only asking to assess masters (Distant Education) here?

Thanks in advance. I can check the timelines from my frnd. His evaluation status got updated in July 2019, stating it is in the queue.

If he did a three year graduation then it will be evaluated as bachelors, if 4 year graduation then as master's. They will take approximately 7-8 months from the date it went in queue.

I also got my bachelor's done by wes and getting smu MBA from ICAS. Takes the same 7 months for only MBA evaluation.

Mine also went in queue on 3rd July 2019

veeru5

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
If he did a three year graduation then it will be evaluated as bachelors, if 4 year graduation then as master's. They will take approximately 7-8 months from the date it went in queue.

I also got my bachelor's done by wes and getting smu MBA from ICAS. Takes the same 7 months for only MBA evaluation.

Mine also went in queue on 3rd July 2019

Thank you RajanCAaspirant.

I am sorry if I wasn't clear in my post earlier. Here is the below explanation:

I am not sure what you mean by "If he did a three year graduation then it will be evaluated as bachelors, if 4 year graduation then as master's."

His bachelors is already evaluated as Bachelors from another board as he did four years of bachelors.

My only concern was towards his Two Years MBA in Finance, which is a Distant Education from SMU.
I would appreciate if you could provide insight only for the masters here. If it will be evaluated as Masters "Degree" or "Diploma" by ICAS and as stated by you, it will still take Seven months from the date it went into queue.

Appreciate your time or apologies if I didn't understood your response.

RajanCAaspirant

Feb 26, 2019
Hyderabad
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2019
Thank you RajanCAaspirant.

I am sorry if I wasn't clear in my post earlier. Here is the below explanation:

I am not sure what you mean by "If he did a three year graduation then it will be evaluated as bachelors, if 4 year graduation then as master's."

His bachelors is already evaluated as Bachelors from another board as he did four years of bachelors.

My only concern was towards his Two Years MBA in Finance, which is a Distant Education from SMU.
I would appreciate if you could provide insight only for the masters here. If it will be evaluated as Masters "Degree" or "Diploma" by ICAS and as stated by you, it will still take Seven months from the date it went into queue.

Appreciate your time or apologies if I didn't understood your response.
It will be evaluated as master's as he did engineering which is 4 years course. They evaluate as master's if a person has done a 10+2+4 upto graduation. Anyone who has done a 10+2+3 like me gets evaluated as bachelors. So it become two or more bachelors for such people in their express entry profiles.