+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICAC pilot program

Zainab umer

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Hi there.

One of my frien wo applied for refugee in dec 2019 got this letter. Which says ur case has been referred to ICAC pilot program. Can anyone suggest what that program is n how it works? Thanks

joe202

Feb 24, 2021
Hi there.

One of my frien wo applied for refugee in dec 2019 got this letter. Which says ur case has been referred to ICAC pilot program. Can anyone suggest what that program is n how it works? Thanks
I have the same situation. In exactly 3 months, you will receive a hearing date letter or something similar.

Reactions: Zainab umer

Nelan

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
Thanks for reply
What is the ICAC pilot?
• A trilateral joint initiative designed to streamline practices and find efficiencies in the current processes of the Canadian Asylum System and to increase collaboration between service delivery partners.
• The ICAC format was piloted in Montreal from June 2018 to April 2019 as the proof of concept for which the current fully-funded Toronto pilot is now operating
• The ICAC seeks to integrate functions, so as to provide scheduling-ready cases to decision-makers IRB to facilitate quicker decision making.
• The ICAC also seeks to ensure program integrity by systematically reviewing IRB decisions for correctness and also seeks to follow claimants as they move from one end of the system to the other and providing them with just-in- time information

ICAC Functions
Phase I
Pre-Refugee Protection Hearing (launched September 30, 2019):
• Process refugee claims more efficiently and leveraging triage to identify credibility, exclusion or security/criminality concerns for action by the Minister’s representatives and recommend scheduling streams for the IRB (e.g. less complex claim)
• Create scheduling-ready packages for decision-makers at the Refugee Protection Division (RPD)
Phase II
Post-Refugee Protection Decision (phased roll-out to launch in February 2020):
• Systematic review of RPD and Refugee Appeal Division (RAD) decisions.
• Improving program integrity by:
• Eliminating the identified gaps.
• Ensuring the Minister is able to challenge appropriate decisions.
• Inform clients of their rights and obligations as they move through the In-Canada Asylum System
(ICAS).
Integrated Case Tracking and Prioritization Unit (launch expected in the Spring 2020):
• Monitor, in real time, the movement of cases through each stage of the ICAS.
• Identify cases that have stalled at various stages of the system and facilitate their process through the
ICAS.
• A holistic and pragmatic approach to data tracking to identify and deliver case-specific priorities.

Pre-Refugee Protection Hearing – What will be Different
Current Process
ICAC Process
Departments working independently in some areas within the asylum system and collaborating in others
Integrated processes between CBSA and IRCC to identify best practices, trends and seamless strategic approaches to program integrity.
CBSA and IRCC are not co-located; this does not facilitate collaboration.
Co-location of some the staff will allow for continuous easier communication and consultation between co-located staff.
Deficiencies in client-specific documents are identified after files have been assigned for review. The need to request client-specific documents from partners prevents timely completion of the review of claims.
Verification of completeness will eliminate the assignment of incomplete files for review, documents are legible and complete, and ensure that all necessary checks have been initiated.
IRB conducts its own analysis of what type of process is required (in-paper review only, short hearing, half-day hearing , full-day hearing)
ICAC will make a scheduling recommendation as to which hearing stream should be used (the IRB can still conduct its own analysis as to which process is required)
Requests for client specific information from the IRB to IRCC and CBSA resulting in delays
Reduce delays created by requests for information by providing a scheduling ready package containing relevant client-specific information

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Can a share your experience please
I didnt have any lawyer to defend. Did have a interpretor but he was just sitting over there. The judge asked me questions and i answered specifically to the point.
The most important thing is, you must know and able to elaborate your scenario on which situation forced you to leave your home country and you didnt had any alternative left other than fleeing from their.
Got a positive decision on table.