+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ibm

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
devindia said:
Hi.. Yes I did.
David, how did you solve the problem for the reference letter as ibm has a fix template right they dont mention roles and responsibilities...

Your help will be highly appreciated

devindia

Sep 17, 2014
dukhi said:
David, how did you solve the problem for the reference letter as ibm has a fix template right they dont mention roles and responsibilities...

Your help will be highly appreciated
No need to get any specific letter from IBM. Just submit your offer letter , pay stub and T4 . You will be good. Use NOC from your WP.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
devindia said:
No need to get any specific letter from IBM. Just submit your offer letter , pay stub and T4 . You will be good. Use NOC from your WP.
thats the problem i have an open WP....did you write them any form of letter explaining anything??

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
devindia said:
thats the problem i have an open WP....did you write them any form of letter explaining anything??

devindia

Sep 17, 2014
dukhi said:
Hi Dukhi,
As I know as per IBM policy you get closed WP for intra company transfer and CEC eligibility is for qualifying experience. So you can use that in you application. I applied for CEC in July 2014 and got my AOR and Medical without any additional document request. Please let me know your timeline and what is the issue you are facing is there any additional doc request from CIC.

Regards
Dev

rogerspr

Star Member
Apr 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
12-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
4th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
5th Feb 2015 and sent on 12th Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived, RPRF paid upfront on 12th May 2015
Passport Req..
27th Nov 2015
hi guys,

i am an ibm employee and came to canada on a closed WP . applied under CEC and done with medicals, now waiting for RPRF request.
i sent all pay stubs, T4 offer letter, and the relieving they gave (fixed format). have not had any issues so far. i guess the pay stubs and offer letter is good enough to calculate the pay and the NOC details.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
did your offer letter has job description in how much detail?? coz mine doesnt have much it just says ill be working under mr XYZ in XYZ unit on XYZ project.

rogerspr

Star Member
Apr 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
12-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
4th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
5th Feb 2015 and sent on 12th Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived, RPRF paid upfront on 12th May 2015
Passport Req..
27th Nov 2015
my offer letter has details on what kind of job i will doing and lot of details. I think i also gave them the work permit petition that was filed, that had my NOC details and pay details. my offer letter has this as well. did u travel on HCCM ?

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
rogerspr said:
my offer letter has details on what kind of job i will doing and lot of details. I think i also gave them the work permit petition that was filed, that had my NOC details and pay details. my offer letter has this as well. did u travel on HCCM ?
No i am working on pgwp

gskn4u

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
AOR Received.
25-04-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
your travel document will have all the details, if not ask your Manager (preferred), Team lead (preferred) or colleague to send an email to you from his official IBM id. convert it to .pdf and have him sign the document with date. Scan the copy and send it to CIC with explanation letter.

raviprawat

Apr 1, 2016
I am working in IBM and trying to get reference letter.But I am not able to state the reasons why I need this letter.
If I say for PR, they will certainly decline...

What reasons should I give to get this letter...

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
raviprawat said:
I am working in IBM and trying to get reference letter.But I am not able to state the reasons why I need this letter.
If I say for PR, they will certainly decline...

What reasons should I give to get this letter...
For sure I think IBM will decline given that would seem that they were supporting your application for PR, not something from experience IBM does unless I would expect you happen to be a VP of the company where different HR rules always seem to apply. As previous posts maybe use any job offer letter you have plus maybe pay slips. Only other time they would give a letter would be on leaving the company but then that would be a standard HR template and not specify any roles and responsibilities just the fact you worked for the company. For the post that suggested getting immediate manager or team lead to provide something that could cause issues in a corporation like IBM for those employees bypassing HR as they should not really take on that responsibility.

Kota1978

Jan 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2015
Med's Request
24-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2016
Interview........
RPRF email on Mar-03-2016, paid same day.
Passport Req..
14-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-May-2016
LANDED..........
15-May-2016--Yipee!!!!
I didn't submit anything like reference letter..but yes I submitted offer letter & salary slips & Got the PR.

You need to be honest...CIC officer knows, big company doesn't provide reference letter for PR.