+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IBM Reference letter

Naveenkhatkar

Aug 25, 2018
India
Dear All,

Now, that i have secured a reference letter from IBM, A new problem arises
They have mentioned my 3 Roles (Test Analyst, Senior test Analyst & Test lead) and the duration of the roles as per their system data.. But the Roles are not matching with my Compensation letters as the roles are project specific and Band changes happen at organisation level ...
For Example .. as per My IBM records, i started playing Test lead role from July 2016 but i don't have any promotion letter in that date .. that band change letter was issued in August 2017 ..

How do i support my case while uploading my documents .. Shall i Upload a single PDF containing my reference letter and promotion letter and salary slips and add any explanation letter

Regards,

shawn18

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hyderabad, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-Nov-2018
AOR Received.
29-Nov-2018
IELTS Request
Nov-2018
Med's Done....
29-Nov-2018
Passport Req..
06-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-Jun-2019
LANDED..........
07-Sep-2019
Dear All,

They have mentioned my 3 Roles (Test Analyst, Senior test Analyst & Test lead) and the duration of the roles as per their system data.. But the Roles are not matching with my Compensation letters as the roles are project specific and Band changes happen at organisation level ...
For Example .. as per My IBM records, i started playing Test lead role from July 2016 but i don't have any promotion letter in that date .. that band change letter was issued in August 2017 ..

How do i support my case while uploading my documents .. Shall i Upload a single PDF containing my reference letter and promotion letter and salary slips and add any explanation letter

Regards,
If you have reference letter with all requirements mentioned by CIC satisfied, then no need of providing additional documents like paystubs, promotion, offer letters. You would be unnecessarily leaving trails by yourself if you provide those additional documents.

But if they ask about these documents and then it's a different problem.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Dear All,

Regards,
Thumb rule, all three roles should fall under one NOC.

cjavadi

Jan 8, 2019
Hi,

May I know whom did you approach for getting the reference letter? I am struggling to get a contact.

Regards,
Chandra

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
It dumb companies never give to present employees...

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
then they should... like long time back i remeber TCS had some email or hr contact

ZionCanadahopeful

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
30-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-01-2019
Med's Done....
29-02-2019
Passport Req..
01-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2019
LANDED..........
16-05-2019
If you are existing employee

you can raise a ticket with HR@IBM from w3. You can create the format required by CIC and send it to your people manager for format approval. Then send that to Hr@IBM. they will give your reference letter in that format.

They generally dont mention no of hours (like 40 hours/week) but will mention regular employee or full time employee. Also they were not ready to specify dates for different roles and salary amount.

So for those you can get a collegue or team lead to sign with those details notarize it. Add your paystubs along with these documents , these details should be good.

Make sure th NOC matching role has the number of year you claimed correctly. For example if you claimed Java Developer for 6 years make sure that role is there for 6 years

S_r_t_1

Mar 25, 2019
Hi, i am an ex IBMer too and was wondering how to get a reference letter with more than one role with start date and end date for each role as the link for generating the referenece mail does not have any option of adding more than one role.
@Naveenkhatkar were you a current or ex employee when you got the reference letter?

thanks.

ZionCanadahopeful

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
30-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-01-2019
Med's Done....
29-02-2019
Passport Req..
01-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2019
LANDED..........
16-05-2019
Hi, i am an ex IBMer too and was wondering how to get a reference letter with more than one role with start date and end date for each role as the link for generating the referenece mail does not have any option of adding more than one role.
@Naveenkhatkar were you a current or ex employee when you got the reference letter?

thanks.
you just put different roles with dates as line in the document they provide.
It will come as bullet points but once your manager approves it ,its good. you can explain in your LOE that this is the format IBM provides the reference letter

S_r_t_1

Mar 25, 2019
Thanks for your suggestion. I could have actually done that but I already requested and received the reference letter last week. It just mentions the last position held and the roles n responsibilities for the tenure. Since i am showing the entire period of employment with IBM under one NOC code, do you think i should bother to mention in a LOE of the various positions held in the company. Or just forget about it as it may just confuse things.

JayashreeGowda

Nov 18, 2018

thanks.
Hi,
I am an ex-IBMer too, can you please provide the link for to raise the request for reference letter?

StartedForPR

Dec 19, 2017
If you are existing employee

you can raise a ticket with HR@IBM from w3. You can create the format required by CIC and send it to your people manager for format approval. Then send that to Hr@IBM. they will give your reference letter in that format.

They generally dont mention no of hours (like 40 hours/week) but will mention regular employee or full time employee. Also they were not ready to specify dates for different roles and salary amount.

So for those you can get a collegue or team lead to sign with those details notarize it. Add your paystubs along with these documents , these details should be good.

Make sure th NOC matching role has the number of year you claimed correctly. For example if you claimed Java Developer for 6 years make sure that role is there for 6 years
what is purpose you mentioned while opening the ticket with HR@IBM?