+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I would like to bring my parents to Canada...best and fast option?

jfalvitez4

Aug 7, 2017
Hello Good morning my friends I got the PR on June 2017, Y have my both parents living in my past home country. Now I will have another baby , and I would like to bring them to Canada with me to spend time with the kids and me, beacuse I have no brothers and sisters there.
The idea is bring my parente permanently, but I know that I have to wait 3 years since I got the PR to start the sponsorship and then that application will take more months.
I was planning the "supervisa" but I read the requirements and are almost the same of a PR Sponsorship Class.
I was reading in other forum that they can come as visitors (the did it twice before) and then renew the visitor status inland in Canada , for one, two, three times and more... each six months??? Is that true?
Because I wanna be sure to start making plans since they arrived like buy a house and a car, and start selling their things at home back in their country,
Any options? thanks for you comments

I hope hearing... thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Good morning my friends I got the PR on June 2017, Y have my both parents living in my past home country. Now I will have another baby , and I would like to bring them to Canada with me to spend time with the kids and me, beacuse I have no brothers and sisters there.
The idea is bring my parente permanently, but I know that I have to wait 3 years since I got the PR to start the sponsorship and then that application will take more months.
I was planning the "supervisa" but I read the requirements and are almost the same of a PR Sponsorship Class.
I was reading in other forum that they can come as visitors (the did it twice before) and then renew the visitor status inland in Canada , for one, two, three times and more... each six months??? Is that true?
Because I wanna be sure to start making plans since they arrived like buy a house and a car, and start selling their things at home back in their country,

I hope hearing... thanks
Until they get PR they will be expected to return to their home country at some point. Without strong ties to their home country they will actually have difficulty visiting Canada. Although some people are able extend their TRV it is not guaranteed.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Agreed. At some point in time IRCC will refuse to grant extensions if they feel they are living permanently in Canada. If it gets to that point, it will become difficult for them to renew any visa's and also risks CBSA turning them away at the border. TRV's are not meant to be used to settle in Canada, only for visits (and not several years of continuous visits.

jfalvitez4

Aug 7, 2017
Until they get PR they will be expected to return to their home country at some point. Without strong ties to their home country they will actually have difficulty visiting Canada. Although some people are able extend their TRV it is not guaranteed.
The came twice before without any problems, I know its difiicult but I wanns know some options tricks?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So I should try the supervisa for 2 years and in the meantime apply for the PR sponsorship?
If you meet the LICO yes you can apply for supervisa but they will still have to return to their home country. You just became a PR, were you working in Canada before? If not you don't qualify for PGP. You would also have had to have met the LICO for 2014, 2015, 2016.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I know its difiicult but I wanns know some options tricks?
I doubt you will find anyone here who will provide "tricks" to beating the system. Besides, IRCC has been in the game long enough to know all the tricks you may attempt....they have seen it all before! Trying to take advantage of the system isn't recommended as it can result in significant difficult in the future and is unfair to those that do follow the rules. There are many people hoping to bring their parents to Canada.

If you meet LICO, you can apply for the Supervisa (LICO only has to be for current year, not past 3 years as required by PGP sponsorship). Be aware that your parents will have to pass the medicals and provide insurance coverage for the entire length of stay. Same will be required if they extend their stay on a regular TRV. They will not be able to access health care while in Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

I hope hearing... thanks
Buying a house and car and starting to sell their things at home would be incredibly stupid.

Even if you meet LICO 3 years from now, there is no guarantee that you will be chosen in the PGP lottery. It could be many more years after that before you can sponsor your parents, plus the processing time. You should plan for AT LEAST 5 years before a PGP app would be approved. While they can come to Canada as visitors and try applying for extensions, they will eventually be refused and told to leave Canada because they don't have the right to live in Canada.

jfalvitez4

Aug 7, 2017
Well , thanks for your help, but I talk for my experience, do not be pesimist... I came as a student (an I plan this from my country with clear intentions to be a PR soon), I bring my wife with an OWP , I study one year then I renew my visa to study one more year, the University gave me a 2 year certificate which gave me 3 years of work permit, In the mean time ( in those 3 years) I got a Skilled work I got 1 year of experience in Canada, and the I applied for Canadian Experience Cass, and now I am still here after 4 years in Canada as a Permanent Resident. Don't be pesimistic man...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Well , thanks for your help, but I talk for my experience, do not be pesimist... I came as a student (an I plan this from my country with clear intentions to be a PR soon), I bring my wife with an OWP , I study one year then I renew my visa to study one more year, the University gave me a 2 year certificate which gave me 3 years of work permit, In the mean time ( in those 3 years) I got a Skilled work I got 1 year of experience in Canada, and the I applied for Canadian Experience Cass, and now I am still here after 4 years in Canada as a Permanent Resident. Don't be pesimistic man...
I'm not being pessimistic. I'm being realistic. Your parents do not have the right to live in Canada, so moving them here as visitors is a very bad idea.