+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I worked for a company that was not registered for quite some time.. but is registered now. Will it be a problem?

Raj69

Oct 28, 2022
I was working for a Malaysian team which from Feb 2022. However, it got registered as a company only on 12th of January this year (2023)

I did receive sporadic payments from my boss.

First in Feb 2022, Second in June 2022 and third in October 2022.

Feb - 300 MYR
June - 100 MYR
October - 100 MYR

I received a few payments this year as well:
Jan 2023 - 600 MYR
Feb 2023 - 600 MYR

Now, my question is... can I claim this as work experience and list the total amount I earned in the last 12 months?

As in "He was paid MYR 1400 during the last year".

Pdm_ca

Nov 26, 2022
You can’t claim working for a non-registered company as an employee to gain points.
This scenario makes you self-employed in that time frame.

regular monthly payments + job offer contract + experience letter are official documents and not sure how a non-existing entity can provide it for that timeline. It’s misrepresentation on papers in a way.

Raj69

Oct 28, 2022
shall I list it as self-employed during that time or do you suggest claiming only from January this year?

Raj69

Oct 28, 2022
regular monthly payments + job offer contract + experience letter are official documents and not sure how a non-existing entity can provide it for that timeline. It’s misrepresentation on papers in a way.
I didn't have regular monthly payments. It was previously registered as a 'team'. The experience letter can be gotten on the letterhead soon. My boss is willing to vouch for me. My boss literally asked me to draft it for him

I'm thinking of saying something like "He worked 30 hours / week.. and he was paid MYR xxx during the last year."

How exactly do they scrutinize? I know they call the company, they may ask for proof of having received payments. Anything else?
Do they actually go through the registration details of the company?

Last edited:

Pdm_ca

Nov 26, 2022
Well, they can and in some cases do go thru registration or check the presence of the company. Such things are easily available online nowadays. So, its a risk you have to decide. Not having regular monthly payments & lack of paystubs also could be a point of concern. This doesn’t sound like a case of a permanent employee of >1 year work ex you see.

So, i feel be truthful & claim points of job from January this year. Prior to that you should show yourself as self-employed and paperwork of a self-employed is different. If you are falling short of points - best is to consult a RCIC in helping you devise strategy and paperwork around it. All the best!