+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I will not get finger print request.

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
In my PR application time i did not request FP

It means my citizenship application time I will also not get finger print request.

How much the above statement is true.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Hamid khan said:
In my PR application time i did not request FP

It means my citizenship application time I will also not get finger print request.

How much the above statement is true.
It's not true. You may and may not get fingerprint request.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Hamid khan said:
then why my PR application time I did not received FP request
As per a general guess ( i am not an expert), Fingerprint requests come in if there is a name or date of birth match with someone who has a criminal record. There might be some other internal criteria CIC may use in order to request for fingerprints. CIC requests fingerprints to confirm the identity of the person.

My guess would be that at the time of PR there was no name or date of birth match thus no fingerprints were requested and now after so many years, someone with similar name or date of birth has criminal record (which may or may not be the case now) and because of that cic may request fingerprints to confirm your identity.

bbssmm88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
My guess would be that at the time of PR there was no name or date of birth match thus no fingerprints were requested and now after so many years, someone with similar name or date of birth has criminal record (which may or may not be the case now) and because of that cic may request fingerprints to confirm your identity.

[/quote]

Hi

Correct

simoncanada

Dec 3, 2015
bbssmm88 said:

Hi

Correct
may be

willzou

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
the statement is not true.

I applied renewing PR card last June. No finger print requested.

I started to apply citizenship in Nov, finger print requested.

pk10

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Its simple. If you havent broken the law and been charged - nothing to worry about.

If you have - well something will show up in the check and the fingerprints.