+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I was refused Canadian work visa, now applying for study permit

rkt83

Oct 21, 2014
Hi,

I applied for Canadian work visa in September 2013, but unfortunately I was refused visa for following reasons:

(i) Your current employment situation. (I was working at that time)
(ii) Your personal assets and financial status. (I had more than CAD 12000 in my account and my parents and I own property too)
(iii) Your proposed job is not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous employment, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans. (Very confusing)

Now I am applying for study permit for January intake and I need to submit a Statement of Explanation with my application. What reasons can I give to the Visa Officer to convince him. Someone told me that the Visa Officer might reject my visa as was refused work visa last year. I need to convince him, giving valid reasons for applying for a study permit.

I worked and studied in UK for 5 years before coming back to India in 2012.

Please help.

Thanks.

starsup

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
AOR Received.
01-08-2014
Med's Request
05-08-2014
Med's Done....
17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting for passport return
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Please apply for CAPIS notes as this gives information about why your work permit was declined, You can use this to apply for your study permit and make a note of all the reasons for your previous denial and an explanation note considering all the facts and clarifications. This would help strengthen your case.

anwarpal

Oct 17, 2014
starsup said:
Please apply for CAPIS notes as this gives information about why your work permit was declined, You can use this to apply for your study permit and make a note of all the reasons for your previous denial and an explanation note considering all the facts and clarifications. This would help strengthen your case.
CAIPS* (Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System) and yes, it's helpful but takes around a month. Good luck.

ezakhan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Biometrics 23-06-2014
Med's Request
03-10-2014
Med's Done....
15-10-2014
Passport Req..
27-10-2014
CAPIS would be the way.....as the others suggested.....

A friend of mine whom I helped in preparing his case was refused a study permit twice.....we applied for CAPIS.....analysed the reasons and prepared the SOP accordingly explaining every bit to over come deficiencies.....and applied the third time.........guess what? It worked.....

He's gone through the medical and now waiting to receive request for passport.....

best of luck

Canadian fan

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
rkt83 said:
Hi,

I applied for Canadian work visa in September 2013, but unfortunately I was refused visa for following reasons:

(i) Your current employment situation. (I was working at that time)
(ii) Your personal assets and financial status. (I had more than CAD 12000 in my account and my parents and I own property too)
(iii) Your proposed job is not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous employment, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans. (Very confusing)

Now I am applying for study permit for January intake and I need to submit a Statement of Explanation with my application. What reasons can I give to the Visa Officer to convince him. Someone told me that the Visa Officer might reject my visa as was refused work visa last year. I need to convince him, giving valid reasons for applying for a study permit.

I worked and studied in UK for 5 years before coming back to India in 2012.

Please help.

Thanks.

You need a very strong SOP. Please explain why after 5 years of work and study in UK you thin Canada has something good to offer in terms of studies. The course you choose is also very important.

Please dnt go for Post graduate certificates in general subjects. And choose experienced consultants who has already worked on cases like yours. All the very best.

rkt83

Oct 21, 2014
anwarpal said:
CAIPS* (Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System) and yes, it's helpful but takes around a month. Good luck.
Thank you very much. Just checked about CAIPS online. It looks very helpful.

The problem is, I do not have much time left. I have paid my fees for January intake and CAIPS takes around a month, that gives me only a month to apply for visa if I apply for CAIPS now.

rkt83

Oct 21, 2014
starsup said:
Thank you.

rkt83

Oct 21, 2014
ezakhan said:
CAPIS would be the way.....as the others suggested.....

A friend of mine whom I helped in preparing his case was refused a study permit twice.....we applied for CAPIS.....analysed the reasons and prepared the SOP accordingly explaining every bit to over come deficiencies.....and applied the third time.........guess what? It worked.....

He's gone through the medical and now waiting to receive request for passport.....

best of luck
Thank you very much