+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I was dismissed by one company [due to poor performance], it matters ?

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
In the citizenship application form. There is a section where I need to list all the employment and if applies, the reason of unemployment.

I was fired by one small company due to poor performance, (no misconduct, only performance issue)

Do I need to mention that in the application form? Because I was a student by then, and I can MASK that experience by using study...

I hope indicating "dismissal" will not impact my application.

Thanks for this.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is nothing wrong in admitting 'Termination/Dissmissal' from employment...
Be as honest as you can mentioning the work/study history on the application...No need to mention the resaon of leave unless asked.

Good Luck!

flamingteeth said:
In the citizenship application form. There is a section where I need to list all the employment and if applies, the reason of unemployment.

I was fired by one small company due to poor performance, (no misconduct, only performance issue)

Do I need to mention that in the application form? Because I was a student by then, and I can MASK that experience by using study...

I hope indicating "dismissal" will not impact my application.

Thanks for this.

vbomb

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
1122 business management consultant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
07-SEP-2010
Nomination.....
23-MAR-2010
AOR Received.
01-SEP-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
01-SEP-2010
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-MAR-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-APR-2011
LANDED..........
19-APR-2011
I don't think it matters for citizenship purposes why you got let go

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
But, will they ask for the ROE (record of employment) which was sent to service cananda, because when I was dismissed i report to service Canada and give them the ROE.

in the ROE, the reason is "M" which stands for dismissal...

daktrader said:
You can say 'Lay-Off'

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not sure if they ask for the ROE...They ask for the 'Letter of Employment' + 'Payslips' & CRA NOA.

flamingteeth said:
But, will they ask for the ROE (record of employment) which was sent to service cananda, because when I was dismissed i report to service Canada and give them the ROE.

in the ROE, the reason is "M" which stands for dismissal...

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No need to mention lay off or dismissal at all.

From Date to To Date : Study (School name)
From Date to To Date: Work (Company name)
That's all.

If there is any period in which you were laid-off or fired and also were not studying, just write:
From Date to To Date: Unemployed(Looking for employment)

They don't ask for ROE. In any case, you are not lying. Just write "Looking for employment" if there is a blank period where you were neither studying nor working.

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
thanks for this information.

Because my friends tells me that the longer you work, the less chances to get a RQ.

That is reason why I like to indicate my employment history out there... Other wise, I will just say i am a student during that time.

Because I started to work before my convocation, and when I wad fired, i am not even graduated. Therefore, I think it would be fine for me to say i was a student by the time then...

But I think maybe list a working experience can lower my chances to be RQed....

Chrysss said:
No need to mention lay off or dismissal at all.

From Date to To Date : Study (School name)
From Date to To Date: Work (Company name)
That's all.

If there is any period in which you were laid-off or fired and also were not studying, just write:
From Date to To Date: Unemployed(Looking for employment)

They don't ask for ROE. In any case, you are not lying. Just write "Looking for employment" if there is a blank period where you were neither studying nor working.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flamingteeth said:
That is reason why I like to indicate my employment history out there... Other wise, I will just say i am a student during that time.
If you were working, you should say you were working.
The CIC doesn't care whether you were fired, unless it was for criminal conduct. The CIC does not ask about the circumstances of leaving your job. Employment is only relevant to citizenship in that it's an easy way to assess residency.

It is very hard to say exactly what triggers and RQ. Above all, be honest, be concise, and be honest again.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flamingteeth said:
thanks for this information

Do not lie to CIC. What if they ask for T4 later on and find out you didn't mention that job on your application form?? Being dismissed is not a crime but Lying to CIC may cost you your citizenship and maybe a persecution. Read the declaration at the end of the form !! Toy are testifying that everything in the form is true.

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
what if I just say lay-off rather than dismissal?

It looks better, and nothing but ROE indicate I am dismissed but not lay-off.

However, the ROE stays with Service Canada, and even myself do not have a copy.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flamingteeth said:
what if I just say lay-off rather than dismissal?

It looks better, and nothing but ROE indicate I am dismissed but not lay-off.

However, the ROE stays with Service Canada, and even myself do not have a copy.
The CIC does not care whether you were laid off or fired!

It makes not a whiff of difference to the CIC. It has NO EFFECT on your worthiness for citizenship.

They are not judging whether they want to hire you. They are judging whether you have met the qualifications for citizenship according to the Citizenship Act. The citizenship act does not say that only PRs who have 1095 days and have never ever having been fired from a job are qualified for citizenship.

Tell the truth. Include the job. Even if they ask why you left the job during the interview (which they won't), just tell them you were fired. If you lie to them and then they see your ROE or T4s when/if you get an RQ, then you've ruined your credibility for no reason.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, you should have a carbon copy or a computer print out ROE. Your former employer was supposed to send it to you.

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
yes, you are absolutely right. I am all clear now :)

eileenf said:

It makes not a whiff of difference to the CIC. It has NO EFFECT on your worthiness for citizenship.

They are not judging whether they want to hire you. They are judging whether you have met the qualifications for citizenship according to the Citizenship Act. The citizenship act does not say that only PRs who have 1095 days and have never ever having been fired from a job are qualified for citizenship.

Tell the truth. Be confident. It's fine.