+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I want travel Toronto via transit in London

navz143

May 7, 2012
Dear Friends,
Is there any way during travel to Toronto (from Pakistan) can we stay London 5 to 6 days as visitor and then move further. If yes, what is the procedure and it would also be good if anyone know about the best and cheap connected flights.

Thanks in advance and waiting for replies.

Regards
navz143

jai.ganesh

Star Member
Feb 25, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2011
Doc's Request.
25-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-01-2012
Med's Request
09-01-2012
Med's Done....
24-01-2012 ecas updated om Sep 7 2012
Interview........
Hopefully wiaved
Passport Req..
09-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
You may need to apply for landslide transit. Beware that sometimes the visa process is delayed when you apply for such visas. But it is possible.

Regar,

Jai

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
navz143 said:
Dear Friends,
Is there any way during travel to Toronto (from Pakistan) can we stay London 5 to 6 days as visitor and then move further. If yes, what is the procedure and it would also be good if anyone know about the best and cheap connected flights.

Regards
navz143
Hi, you will have to apply for UK visa.

Cheers..

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
navz143 said:
Dear Friends,

Regards
navz143
1.While breaking journey in Europe or UK, you need their visitor visas.
For transit no need of visa.

2. You need to make sure with your travel agent whether you will get the baggage allowance (piece concept : 2 x 23 kg = 46 kg ) admissible to USA and Canada sector, once you break your journey at London.

Otherwise, Only one checked Baggage ( usually 23 or 25 Kg ) from Pakistan to London and 23 kg from London to Toronto because you break the journey..

Some airline (like Ethihad) will allow up to 30 kg from Pakistan to London.

Badal789

Nov 29, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2006
IELTS Request
30-11-2009
navz143 said:
Dear Friends,

Regards
navz143
I did the same once. First you have to take UK visa- hope easily you will get because of Canadian visa and ticket. Make booking with stopover at London(extra USD50. per person). For cheaper you have to search, I went to London by British Airways then from London on Air Canada.

amkalisa

Mar 26, 2011
Hi Badal789, Do we need to take UK Visa in advance if we have only 7 hours transit ?

Badal789 said:
I did the same once. First you have to take UK visa- hope easily you will get because of Canadian visa and ticket. Make booking with stopover at London(extra USD50. per person). For cheaper you have to search, I went to London by British Airways then from London on Air Canada.

Badal789

Nov 29, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2006
IELTS Request
30-11-2009
amkalisa said:
Hi Badal789, Do we need to take UK Visa in advance if we have only 7 hours transit ?

Yes, if you need to change the terminal and wish to go out.

No, if the departure is from the same terminal.

Better you ask the travel agent or the airline directly giving your travel plan. Check your ticket given the terminal nos. I took UK visa with family because we stayed there 5 days while returning from Canada.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Badal789 said:
Yes, if you need to change the terminal and wish to go out.

No, if the departure is from the same terminal.

Better you ask the travel agent or the airline directly giving your travel plan. Check your ticket given the terminal nos. I took UK visa with family because we stayed there 5 days while returning from Canada.
Hi,

U don't require a Transit Visa even if u "change" ur Terminal. Changing of the Terminals is pretty simple in Heathrow... u just board the u/g train. As long as u do not X the "Passport Control" u r good to move around within Heathrow... I do it all the time... and I do not have a UKTV.

That said, I've noticed certain nationalities getting into trouble at Heathrow w/out a UKTV though they were moving thru that port only for a few hrs. and never left the port. However, technically speaking, they shouldn't be harassed, b'coz DATV rules apply <Click it to know more... I guess UK has started following the US Homeland Security's procedures, albeit 'only' for certain nationalities... Remember, in the US one needs to have a USTV to move thru unless u r from a Visa Exempt country.

Qorax