+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I want to study and immigration to Canada

rtkwar

Star Member
Dec 24, 2012
Point 1:
You are not the only person living in Egypt, there are millions of people there, living, studying, marrying, getting jobs, doing business, having fun, celebrating birthdays etc while the situation is unstable. How is your life any different? you have access to internet, there are people in this world surviving with hardly 1 meal a day and some dont even have home country or a passport, so consider yourself lucky.

Point 2:
No kidding people do lie (its fact of life), Liars make good lawyers, and good lawyers are good liars, you should know this better considering you studied law.

Point 3:
Why not study for another 4 years to do something better for yourself? Try doing a Masters in Law and if law is not your strength try something different? I have seen Doctors drive Taxi , Engineers working at McDonalds just cause they didnt want to upgrade themselves and push themselves a little to get an education.
OK
But at least you can tell me
What can I study in Egypt (courses - Diploma)
Help me to emigrate to Canada (be recognized in Canada)?
Note: Masters in law will not help in Egypt and
I think it will not increase the chances of immigration

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rtkwar said:
OK
But at least you can tell me
What can I study in Egypt (courses - Diploma)
Help me to emigrate to Canada (be recognized in Canada)?
Note: Masters in law will not help in Egypt and
I think it will not increase the chances of immigration
you should do a course in hair design

just kidding

regardless of what you do in Egypt, you will have to do some upgrading if and when you move to canada in order to get your education "recognized".

You should check out the CIC website to see the list of professions that are in demand in canada and plan accordingly.

by the way, hair design is a profession in demand ;)

rtkwar

Star Member
Dec 24, 2012
you should do a course in hair design

just kidding

regardless of what you do in Egypt, you will have to do some upgrading if and when you move to canada in order to get your education "recognized".

You should check out the CIC website to see the list of professions that are in demand in canada and plan accordingly.

by the way, hair design is a profession in demand

hahahahaha, lol
i will try

RonXenner

Jan 31, 2013
Man.. now-a-days there is a better chance of going there if everyone was a Carpenter, Brick Layer or Mechanic..because the people in immigration Jumps a 10 feet in the air to give them visas.

In my country i have been 10 to 15 in the last year end alone going under Skilled Worker Category...

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its really sad but true Canada needs educated immigrants who will work as carpenters, plumbers and labor. I ain't lying you can ask anyone. If you already have a degree in law and have work experience in Egypt then why don't you apply under skilled working class.

Once you are here and if you are ambitious you can spend money and re-do your law degree from a Canadian University, you can work hopefully full-time as a security guard or at Mcdonalds. Once you graduate from a Canadian University then you have a better chance of being a lawyer but its not guranteed. Good luck

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newtone said:
Its really sad but true Canada needs educated immigrants who will work as carpenters, plumbers and labor. I ain't lying you can ask anyone. If you already have a degree in law and have work experience in Egypt then why don't you apply under skilled working class.

Once you are here and if you are ambitious you can spend money and re-do your law degree from a Canadian University, you can work hopefully full-time as a security guard or at Mcdonalds. Once you graduate from a Canadian University then you have a better chance of being a lawyer but its not guranteed. Good luck
The reason being that CIC uses labor market forecasts to create their list of professions in demand or those that will be in demand in the future. and i'll tell you why laborers are in greater demand. Because nobody wants to do the dirty gritty jobs anymore; Canadians as well as newcomers. everyone wants to be the guy who wears a tie to work and sits in an office chair shooting shit all day but nobody aspires to become that carpenter or brick layer (even though these jobs are quite well paying and with dignity).

so the labor market projects shortages in these crafts in the future. It's like that saying" if everyone becomes the boss, who will be the worker?"

And it's not just canada, every developed country you look at, easier to immigrate if you are an experienced tradesman. I dont see anything wrong with being one. Hell, i was one at a point in life. I used to do wood framing in the summer time off from school. It was hard work and you had to battle the elements but it paid just fine. I had the opportunity to do it fulltime and have my own business and i could have been making 5x more $$ right now but i had too much time and money invested in an education.

I think the problem is our own expectations and aspirations in life. We grow up looking at high profile success stories and aiming high, education being the means to get there. It becomes such an obsession that anything below a perceived standard is sub par and you wouldnt do it at any cost. Unfortunately, it is the trend with the newer generation that will affect a country's economy in the future.

for some, its too late to change career paths. for some, the opportunity is there for the taking. Even i sometimes think about being a carpenter (as i sit in my office on a plush chair while i look out to the construction site next doors and look at guys working in the rain).

eagle89

Dec 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rtkwar said:
The problem here is how I can prove that I have experienced as a carpenter or a plumber?
By actually working as a carpenter or plumber..easy.

Ambitious15

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

@rtkwar : yes most of repliers here are right, canada needs carpenters and plumbers and electricians and there is a high demand in Alberta for WELDERS so §I suggest you start immediately taking a short course in one of these professions and looking for work rather then studying because in canada they will ask you first : what can you do ? not what do you know, right ?? me personaly, I'm Algerian and I have a friend in Calgary working as a welder and he is earning more than 46$/hour !!! and he is single he is just 27 years old !!! he did every thing for his poor family in Algeria what a good luck right ?

Me too I was thinking these days in taking one year course study and it's true that it takes more than 25K/year !!! and the study visa not easy to be granted espicially for me bacuse my financial status is not enough I've to buy all what I own and lend some money from friends(If I was lucky, I'll find one friend accept to lend me some) so why should I take all this ?? and for what ?? for a Post Grad Work Permit ?? who guarantee that I'll find work easilly in my field that I've spent all my money to complete it and leaving everything for it ??

I'm searching for a good and recognized course in Welding and take some experience and then apply for FSW and in the same time searching on the net for jobs in Alberta because I already live in a petroleum city and I've worked before in oil and gas but I didn't gained the required experience by alberta's employers ! I'm saying this because I've spent more than six (06) months looking in sites like MONSTER and Workopolis and WOWJOBS and ... and always the same response from employers :"IT SEEMS YOU DON'T HAVE A SUFFICIENT EXPERIENCE" while according to my friend, he said that when he went to Montreal first he has a package of 8 months only as a welder and he found more then 2 jobs what a luck right ? and Welders are deffinetly in high demand there So I wish you good luck all of you.

JUST A LITTLE QUESTION FOR YOU FRIENDS : WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT MY ENGLISH ?? CONSIDERING THAT I DIDN'T USE GOOGLE TO TRANSLATE I'VE JUST USED THE WORDS EXISTING IN MY MIND RIGHT NOW ?? PLEASE ENCOURAGE ME ABOUT HOW WILL BE MY SCORE IN IELTS OKEY ! GOOD LUCK :) :) :)

rtkwar

Star Member
Dec 24, 2012
Hi,

@ rtkwar : yes most of repliers here are right, canada needs carpenters and plumbers and electricians and there is a high demand in Alberta for WELDERS so §I suggest you start immediately taking a short course in one of these professions and looking for work rather then studying because in canada they will ask you first : what can you do ? not what do you know, right ?? me personaly, I'm Algerian and I have a friend in Calgary working as a welder and he is earning more than 46$/hour !!! and he is single he is just 27 years old !!! he did every thing for his poor family in Algeria what a good luck right ?

Me too I was thinking these days in taking one year course study and it's true that it takes more than 25K/year !!! and the study visa not easy to be granted espicially for me bacuse my financial status is not enough I've to buy all what I own and lend some money from friends(If I was lucky, I'll find one friend accept to lend me some) so why should I take all this ?? and for what ?? for a Post Grad Work Permit ?? who guarantee that I'll find work easilly in my field that I've spent all my money to complete it and leaving everything for it ??

I'm searching for a good and recognized course in Welding and take some experience and then apply for FSW and in the same time searching on the net for jobs in Alberta because I already live in a petroleum city and I've worked before in oil and gas but I didn't gained the required experience by alberta's employers ! I'm saying this because I've spent more than six (06) months looking in sites like MONSTER and Workopolis and WOWJOBS and ... and always the same response from employers :"IT SEEMS YOU DON'T HAVE A SUFFICIENT EXPERIENCE" while according to my friend, he said that when he went to Montreal first he has a package of 8 months only as a welder and he found more then 2 jobs what a luck right ? and Welders are deffinetly in high demand there So I wish you good luck all of you.

JUST A LITTLE QUESTION FOR YOU FRIENDS : WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT MY ENGLISH ?? CONSIDERING THAT I DIDN'T USE GOOGLE TO TRANSLATE I'VE JUST USED THE WORDS EXISTING IN MY MIND RIGHT NOW ?? PLEASE ENCOURAGE ME ABOUT HOW WILL BE MY SCORE IN IELTS OKEY ! GOOD LUCK
Thank you for your reply
But there are several points I would like to discuss with you

suggest you start immediately taking a short course in one of these professions and looking for work rather then studying because in canada they will ask you first : what can you do ? not what do you know, right ?? me personaly, I'm Algerian and I have a friend in Calgary working as a welder and he is earning more than 46$/hour !!! and he is single he is just 27 years old !!! he did every thing for his poor family in Algeria what a good luck right ?

you mean take this courses in egypt or i must take it in canada?

How do you prove you have experience?

Nobody gives paper prove experience of a plumber or carpenter at least in egypt

JUST A LITTLE QUESTION FOR YOU FRIENDS : WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT MY ENGLISH ?? CONSIDERING THAT I DIDN'T USE GOOGLE TO TRANSLATE I'VE JUST USED THE WORDS EXISTING IN MY MIND RIGHT NOW ?? PLEASE ENCOURAGE ME ABOUT HOW WILL BE MY SCORE IN IELTS OKEY ! GOOD LUCK

You're good on the English better than me
But I advise you workout constantly on the English even migrate and i think you good too in french (you algerian)

one error:

I've to buy all what I own and lend some money from friends
buy*sell

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as proving work experience in your own home country:
1. if you have worked for an employer, you can surely get them to give you a letter stating how long you have worked, what are your duties and how much you earn

2. If you own your own business, you can show a business license for the past number of years that you have been operating it

3. If nothing else, they will test you on the skills you say you have. I have heard of this happening to FSW applicants in India all the time. They take phone interviews where they ask you specific details about the work you claim to have experience in and 80% of the times, you go for a personal interview and have to actually show them knowledge of your trade.

so its not that easy to just "wing" it. CIC is not so stupid to shams anymore.

Jan 12, 2013
Hi rtkwar,

1- I meant to study one these trades in your home country and try to gain some experience, and about study it in canada I really don't have an idea and in the main time I'm doing a lot of search and contacting some institutes(those which are offering practical courses in welding) across all of Canada, and if I find something good I will post a reply here okey ! so check here frequently.

2- the member (just_do_it) has replied with a clear answer and I deffinetly agree with him ;).

3- thank for correction and I've noted this error just after clicking on "Post" ;).

Best of luck.