+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I want to sponsor a friend in Russia for a visa to travel to Canada

JakeWilliam

Apr 29, 2009
I met a Russian girl in the US last summer. We travelled together there for about 2 months, then I visited Russia for 7 weeks. I just returned and my girlfriend wants to visit Canada this summer. We have no intention of getting married at this time. The purpose of her travel would be stickly tourism. However, I have learned that it is quite difficult for single Russian women to obtain a Canadian visa. She wants to come here for 6 weeks.

I am curious... Will it be difficult for her to get this visa? Can I send her an invitation?

If someone could please advise me how to go about obtaining this visa for my girlfriend I would really appreciate it.

Thankyou,
Jake

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
Read the Embassy information online for her to apply for a Temp Visa. You need to send an invite letter as well as include some more information about yourself like income and proof of employment I believe. You send her your stuff and she includes it with her application. Wait 15 days and see if she gets it.

You may have a better chance because she has travelled before and gone back home to Russia. That is the thing they will worry about the most.