+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I want to learn to do my tax

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
Hello
Please I would like to learn how to file my tax for this year I arrived as PR on 2018 and worked for 3 months in 2018 I got paystub only from employer did not get T4 now I'm working in other place i have paystub.

Please I need to know what I must do what forms or software or ways I should fill or follow to be 100% accurate I'm new to this system we don't have tax system in our home country.

Thanks everyone.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Hello
Please I would like to learn how to file my tax for this year I arrived as PR on 2018 and worked for 3 months in 2018 I got paystub only from employer did not get T4 now I'm working in other place i have paystub.

Please I need to know what I must do what forms or software or ways I should fill or follow to be 100% accurate I'm new to this system we don't have tax system in our home country.

Thanks everyone.
Go to HR Block and have it done. Never done it myself, can't be bothered..

Reactions: Clorets90

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check your CRA online account if you have one (if not you can easily create one) as many companies do not send out paper copies of the T4 anymore but post/file them electronically.

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
Check your CRA online account if you have one (if not you can easily create one) as many companies do not send out paper copies of the T4 anymore but post/file them electronically.
What is CRA online? I don't know could you please show me how I can do one?
Thank you

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
If you can't even google CRA filing your taxes will be too complicated. Nobody can explain how to fill out your taxes in detail on this forum. You'll have to do your own research or pay someone else to do it.
Yes you are right I need to learn so much...
Let's say I will register with CRA what is the next step ?

I have 2 bank accounts will this be issue?

Also another question please what is GC key account?
Thanks everyone

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you are right I need to learn so much...
Let's say I will register with CRA what is the next step ?

I have 2 bank accounts will this be issue?

Also another question please what is GC key account?
Thanks everyone
No 2 bank accounts won't be any issue.

Regarding filing your taxes...you can use free online tax software if your returns are simple...like no GST filing as self employed and so on. HR Block as well as Turbo Tax and some others have this software. It will walk you through every step of the process so it is really easy to use.

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
No 2 bank accounts won't be any issue.

Regarding filing your taxes...you can use free online tax software if your returns are simple...like no GST filing as self employed and so on. HR Block as well as Turbo Tax and some others have this software. It will walk you through every step of the process so it is really easy to use.
Thank you very much for your time I will be very glad to learn my tax is very simple I just worked in 2 place one in 2018 and now in 2019 should mention the two?
Thanks

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much for your time I will be very glad to learn my tax is very simple I just worked in 2 place one in 2018 and now in 2019 should mention the two?
Thanks
You would have two T4's...one from each place of employment and yes you have to mention all companies you worked for in 2018.