+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I want to apply for 2nd time Canada study visa from UAE or from home country

marty90

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
Thank you I have forwarded it to your email address
My dear, kindly take this advice from me if you wish to but i will STRONGLY advice not to apply a second time from UAE . My wife has already been refused twice !! The VO are very strict in abu dhabi and will always accord less weight to your country of residence (UAE) . You are not local so no matter what you do when you loose a job your residency is also lost . When a local looses his job does his residency/ citizenship also get lost ? Definitely not !! So they have strong ties..Ill advice you apply from bangladesh and show all ties there ..forget about showing ties to UAE . If God forbid you should get into some issue in Canada will you be deported to UAE or Bangladesh ? think on that

Hossain619

Jan 13, 2020
My dear, kindly take this advice from me if you wish to but i will STRONGLY advice not to apply a second time from UAE . My wife has already been refused twice !! The VO are very strict in abu dhabi and will always accord less weight to your country of residence (UAE) . You are not local so no matter what you do when you loose a job your residency is also lost . When a local looses his job does his residency/ citizenship also get lost ? Definitely not !! So they have strong ties..Ill advice you apply from bangladesh and show all ties there ..forget about showing ties to UAE . If God forbid you should get into some issue in Canada will you be deported to UAE or Bangladesh ? think on that
My application is complicated one I have a running business here in UAE I can be sponsored anytime by my partners who are my family members. But I am now stuck and can't decide whether to apply from UAE or Bangladesh. If I apply from Bangladesh I need to mention in Imm 1249 form about my previous residency which is UAE then later the application will pass back to UAE only. I spoke with many Canadian lawyers and consultant they were saying to apply from UAE but in other forums in this website people are saying to apply from own country. I am in serious confusion state now.

Even one Canadian lawyer was laughing and saying are this VO crazy or what lack of knowledge, they are playing with students future. Everyone knows that people living in middle east are temporary residence and at one point they need to leave the country. On the basis of being in temporary residence giving rejection is totally in unfair unbiased.

marty90

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
My application is complicated one I have a running business here in UAE I can be sponsored anytime by my partners who are my family members. But I am now stuck and can't decide whether to apply from UAE or Bangladesh. If I apply from Bangladesh I need to mention in Imm 1249 form about my previous residency which is UAE then later the application will pass back to UAE only. I spoke with many Canadian lawyers and consultant they were saying to apply from UAE but in other forums in this website people are saying to apply from own country. I am in serious confusion state now.

Even one Canadian lawyer was laughing and saying are this VO crazy or what lack of knowledge, they are playing with students future. Everyone knows that people living in middle east are temporary residence and at one point they need to leave the country. On the basis of being in temporary residence giving rejection is totally in unfair unbiased.
only question 7 and 9 determines the country your application is sent to . For question 8 u need to only provide police clearance certificate since thats the country you have resided in for more than 6 months

Hossain619

Jan 13, 2020
I think we should take it seriously raise awareness about it through twitter campaign then VO will have some sense after all. International student will be paying 3x times double and still rejection. Their main concerned should be any past criminal record and the student has financially capable to support his or her study for the full duration of the course. Their visa process should be like US, Uk or Europe country where they take interview to check the student is genuine or not.

Hossain619

Jan 13, 2020
only question 7 and 9 determines the country your application is sent to . For question 8 u need to only provide police clearance certificate since thats the country you have resided in for more than 6 months
So should I mention in my SOP or justification letter that why I am applying from home country not the country I am residing in.

marty90

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
So should I mention in my SOP or justification letter that why I am applying from home country not the country I am residing in.
In my opinion everything in the SOP you should speak only of Bangladesh even if your bank statements are from UAE . We now live in a world where people can even work remotely and earn in foreign currency. Speak of how you are planning of using your experience and knowledge from this study plan in Canada to expand your UAE business to Bangladesh.

Last edited:

marty90

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
I think we should take it seriously raise awareness about it through twitter campaign then VO will have some sense after all. International student will be paying 3x times double and still rejection. Their main concerned should be any past criminal record and the student has financially capable to support his or her study for the full duration of the course. Their visa process should be like US, Uk or Europe country where they take interview to check the student is genuine or not.
I even applied for a vacation to the UK with my wife and son here in UAE and still got refused with the reason that we do not have any other relatives here in UAE . The VO in abu dhabi will always accord less weight to your ties here as a resident ; business , job( even if u r a CEO) , Golden visa etc .. They dont just care !!

Hossain619

Jan 13, 2020
I even applied for a vacation to the UK with my wife and son here in UAE and still got refused with the reason that we do not have any other relatives here in UAE . The VO in abu dhabi will always accord less weight to your ties here as a resident ; business , job( even if u r a CEO) , Golden visa etc .. They dont just care !!
I don't know about Uk. I am concerned only for study visa in Canada. Why don't we make a twitter campaign make 1000 people vote from across the middle east unfair decision given on the basis of temporary residency. That would really make the higher authority think about it and would be questioning the VO in Abu Dhabi. As I have seen many successful campaign did really change thier system. Moreover, I know for them not to be caught under the radar they do provide study visa to people from middle east do you know how many 150-200 for temporary immigrants out of 20k per year. Compare to south asian country eg. India more than 66k student per year are going to Canada to study. Here in Abu Dhabi the Vo is playing like a lottery system.

marty90

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
I don't know about Uk. I am concerned only for study visa in Canada. Why don't we make a twitter campaign make 1000 people vote from across the middle east unfair decision given on the basis of temporary residency. That would really make the higher authority think about it and would be questioning the VO in Abu Dhabi. As I have seen many successful campaign did really change thier system. Moreover, I know for them not to be caught under the radar they do provide study visa to people from middle east do you know how many 150-200 for temporary immigrants out of 20k per year. Compare to south asian country eg. India more than 66k student per year are going to Canada to study. Here in Abu Dhabi the Vo is playing like a lottery system.
They are simply using Chinook 3+ to process visa applications from temporary residents in UAE. My gcms notes from last 2 refusals for my wife are exactly the same ! and its boldly written in the notes that its processed using chinook 3+ . In the notes you can tell SOP was not read and nothing personal from the SOP was mentioned in the gcms notes . Its all chinook 3+…a tool deciding your fate for temporary residents

Reactions: Warda.akram

ahabaz92

Apr 17, 2019
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
@Hosain619 I have received rejections myself twice on similar grounds in 2021 and my GCMS is pretty much like yours.

The only thing you can do :

File it from home country through a RCIC Certified Practicing Lawyer/ Barrister / Law Firm who can address these issues in the best possible way in light of your deficiencies in your application and the federal law.

Note: This only gives you a chance considering AI systems like Chinook filtering your previous application refusals. Finally, the visa approval/rejection is completely at the VO's discretion and your LUCK. This fresh attempt, if rejected after addressing all possible issues mentioned in the GCMS through a good law firm/service would provide you an opportunity to appeal in the Federal Court, if you happen to receive another rejection. (which, in honest opinion, is very likely after these refusals.)

I saw this complete posts about raising a flag on the Abu Dhabi VO behavior and the incident where a lawyer stated a few things which seems quite preposterous. I am in the same boat as you and I think there is one thing you should know which a lawyer told me, "Applying for a study permit is not your RIGHT but a privilege. "

Now I understand you may of this view, why the system? Why all this process when they want to reject. It is , what it is my friend for now and you gotta do what you gotta do.

I may not be very precise with all the information provided above apart from my advise. Please continue your due deligence.

Reactions: Hehee

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The business is in the UAE so it wouldn’t make sense to say that you will be returning to Bangladesh unless there is already a branch of the business in Bangladesh. There are many difficulties with your profile. When it comes to people working in a family business there isn’t usually a need to pursue further education to advance your career in the company. You already have a business degree so you’ll need to be very clear as to why the GBM is different than the BAdmin degree and how the degree will benefit the business. Why you need to spend so much money another degree and why in Canada. Living in the Middle East creates problems because your status there is dependent on jobs. For example if your business failed while you were in Canada you couldn’t return to the UAE. The fact that foreigners aren’t guaranteed a future in most Middle Eastern countries means that they don’t have a guaranteed home to return to.