+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I want my cousin to visit me in Canada!

DavidRizow

Jul 2, 2016
Good evening,

I am a 24 year old Canadian Citizen, I still live with my parents (currently finishing up my last year of school) and I went to visit my cousin in London, UK last year. Since then, him and I have been talking about him coming to Toronto for two weeks to see us. He currently lives and works from London, UK but is not a citizen and would have to apply with his Bulgarian passport. What is the best chance of getting him to come to Canada for the two weeks? I don't want the visa to be refused. My family and I would have a place for him to stay and would be able to support him for the entire duration of his visit.

Aside from the $1000 CAD per week + Airfare, is there anything else he would need to provide for income? Is there anything I/We can do to better the chance of his visitor visa being approved?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Your cousin must demonstrate his strong ties to the UK and/or to his home country:
Employment + his immigration status in the UK + house tenancy agreement + financial situation + family ties in the UK + previous travel history, etc.

For his income/financial situation:
Copies of his employment letter + P60s + 3-4 months salary slips + 4 months bank statements + credit card bills (if the dues are low) + any financial investments

Cheers

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I am presuming you mean 'Sole Trader' when you say self-employed. Is your cousin actively trading/selling items or providing a service? If yes, then you can include the following:

1. Incorporation of the business as a limited company (registration with HMRC)

2. Statement of accounts prepared by an accountant

3. Proofs of taxes paid twice a year (January 31 and July 31)

4. Company bank statements

Cheers