+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I unfortunately join the "180+ Days of IP Club."

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
For me it's been almost exactly 30 days, occasionally +/- 1 day. Just got mine I requested 30 days ago, and it's exactly the same as the one from 60 days ago...
Does it say that criminality, security, and prohibition is passed?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
What!!! Still not started?? How did you came to know not started? Also did you receive a reply for your web form (recent one) if so what re they saying??
It was from the GCMS report as of August 20 (the day I requested the report), and I received the report 30 days later

Puppy89

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
It was from the GCMS report as of August 20 (the day I requested the report), and I received the report 30 days later
Ohh ok. Because my prohibition started on first week of August and completed on first week of September according to the call centre agent. So according to that even yours would be done as well!!

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Ohh ok. Because my prohibition started on first week of August and completed on first week of September according to the call centre agent. So according to that even yours would be done as well!!
I think after criminality and security, the prohibition is just mainly the residency days, which would take just a few minutes to check, assuming you are not driving to the US and back every day... But who knows, that's IRCC, maybe they will assign 40 people to one case just to be sure

Reactions: Puppy89

Puppy89

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
I think after criminality and security, the prohibition is just mainly the residency days, which would take just a few minutes to check, assuming you are not driving to the US and back every day... But who knows, that's IRCC, maybe they will assign 40 people to one case just to be sure
That sounds to be right!

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
I think Prohibition is if you are in any way prohibited to become a citizen, which could be one of the many ways below. So it's not just checking your residency days..

To be eligible to become a Canadian citizen, you must not be prohibited under the Citizenship Act. You cannot become a citizen if you:
  • are on parole or on probation or serving a term of imprisonment in Canada
  • are serving a sentence outside Canada
  • are charged with, on trial for, or involved in an appeal for an offence under the Citizenship Act, or an indictable offence in Canada,
  • are charged with, on trial for, or involved in an appeal for an offence committed outside Canada that is determined to be equivalent to an indictable offence in Canada
  • are under a removal order (Canadian officials have asked you to leave Canada)
  • are being investigated for, are charged with, on trial for, involved in an appeal for or have been convicted of a war crime or a crime against humanity
  • have had a citizenship application refused for misrepresentation in the past five years
  • have had your Canadian citizenship revoked (taken away) because of fraud in the past ten years
  • have been convicted of an indictable offence in Canada or an offence under the Citizenship Act in the four years before you apply
  • have been convicted outside Canada of an offence that is determined to be equivalent to an indictable offence in Canada in the four years before you apply, even if you were pardoned or otherwise granted amnesty for the offence,
  • have been convicted of terrorism, high treason, treason, or spying offences while you were a permanent resident,
  • served as a member of an armed force of a country or organized armed group and that country or group engaged in armed conflict with Canada, while you were a permanent resident, or
  • never met or no longer meet the requirements for a grant or resumption of citizenship.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I think Prohibition is if you are in any way prohibited to become a citizen, which could be one of the many ways below. So it's not just checking your residency days..

To be eligible to become a Canadian citizen, you must not be prohibited under the Citizenship Act. You cannot become a citizen if you:
  • are on parole or on probation or serving a term of imprisonment in Canada
  • are serving a sentence outside Canada
  • are charged with, on trial for, or involved in an appeal for an offence under the Citizenship Act, or an indictable offence in Canada,
  • are charged with, on trial for, or involved in an appeal for an offence committed outside Canada that is determined to be equivalent to an indictable offence in Canada
  • are under a removal order (Canadian officials have asked you to leave Canada)
  • are being investigated for, are charged with, on trial for, involved in an appeal for or have been convicted of a war crime or a crime against humanity
  • have had a citizenship application refused for misrepresentation in the past five years
  • have had your Canadian citizenship revoked (taken away) because of fraud in the past ten years
  • have been convicted of an indictable offence in Canada or an offence under the Citizenship Act in the four years before you apply
  • have been convicted outside Canada of an offence that is determined to be equivalent to an indictable offence in Canada in the four years before you apply, even if you were pardoned or otherwise granted amnesty for the offence,
  • have been convicted of terrorism, high treason, treason, or spying offences while you were a permanent resident,
  • served as a member of an armed force of a country or organized armed group and that country or group engaged in armed conflict with Canada, while you were a permanent resident, or
  • never met or no longer meet the requirements for a grant or resumption of citizenship.
Most of what you said under prohibition are already covered under security and criminality, so what's left is basically nothing, especially for first time citizenship applicants, there would be no record of citizenship refusal and revocation - otherwise it would be just another example of inefficiency of IRCC: they already checked with RCMP and CSIS for any possible trace of crime and security issues, but they just have to do exactly the same thing again under different labels, who would do that?

Reactions: royce110

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
i suggest you to call cic again bcz I called them today and told by an agent that they sent me a letter by mail for test on 16th October. I didn’t receive any email nor update online!!
Mississauga or Scarborough?
If it's Scarborough then it probably means nothing to me...

Puppy89

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Mississauga or Scarborough?
Scarborough!! I got a response for the web form on Tuesday that will send information to required office and finialize the application asap!! Seems like after two days they sent by mail!! I thought it’s just a generic answer!! Even I posted here but other friends here also said it’s a common reply !! So I ignored it!