+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I unfortunately join the "150+ Days of IP Club."

sansnom

Mar 10, 2017
My case has been stuck in IP for 252 days as of today (since Nov 14th, 2017). GCMS showed the last update was Dec 23rd, 2017. :confused:

irnbru16

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
09-04-2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
183 days today.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Fair Labeling note:

Obviously, most of us here are immigrant-friendly (or as immigrants ourselves, we should be), and recognize that the path to citizenship is not a race, not a competitive contest. Even though the current timeline for citizenship processing is a matter of some distress for many, it really is not so long it should invite animosity toward any of us. Thus, in the vein of favouring not just civility, but an immigration-positive perspective, it warrants noting that not only do the Public Safety Minister Goodale, and Immigration Minister Ahmed Hussen, and Bill Blair, Minister of Border Security, all refer to "irregular border crossers," it appears that most mainstream media sources (Canadian of course) are likewise using the "irregular border crosser" label. Makes sense. And, for someone interested in not being cast in the same light as those intentionally casting aspersions (and deserving of negative attributions themselves), this avoids the use of an insinuation-laden label. A suggestion for the fair-minded, one might say.

Potential Time-line Factors:

In the meantime, it could be helpful to assess whether there are fact-based factors correlating with processing timelines. Thus, for example, if those who feel their processing timeline is disproportionately longer than it should be, if in addition to how long it has been they could share information about factors which may be relevant to how long it is taking, that might illuminate if such factors make a difference, and if so which ones and how much. We do not know for sure if there are factors, short of those tipping the scale to trigger non-routine processing, which affect how long it is taking individual applicants. But it would be helpful to know. For example, I highly suspect a minimal buffer tends to at least risk some element of additional scrutiny, and likely leads to longer processing timelines.

The spread-sheets offer some such information, such as date of application and which local-office is involved.

Among other potential contenders of factors which might (might not, but might) :
-- amount of buffer over minimum
-- amount of pre-PR credit included
-- class of immigration i.e. family class; Express Entry; refugee)​

Or any other factors which might be associated with how long it takes.

Obviously, this information would come too late to help anyone who has already applied. It could, however, be useful information for prospective applicants trying to make a fair assessment about when is the right time to apply. Moreover, recognizing the amount of anxiety many express about the timeline, it could illuminate reasons why some take so much longer than others. While this will not diminish the wait, a better understanding of the process should help mitigate the stress.

sansnom

Mar 10, 2017
Did you guys order GCMS notes? If you did, are there anything under TRIAGE and/or REFUSAL GROUND sections?
Mine shows TRIAGE 1 and REFUSAL GROUND 1, with the contents blanked out.

Hus

Apr 16, 2017
From Montreal, QC
Application Sent October 23, 2017
Application Received October 25, 2017
AOR Received November 27, 2017
IP Status January 16, 2018
FP Request March 16, 2018
FP Done March 20, 2018
FP Received March 29, 2018 (IRCC told me over the phone)

I stopped counting, but I believe we are almost 225 days from IP and 280 days from the application date (i.e. October 23, 2017)

- I police records are all clean (with only 1 car parking ticket, and 1 driving on the reserved lane). Yes I am that clean!
- I finished my graduate studies from McGill over two years
- I started my own electronics distribution business for around 1 year and a half
- I worked as an employee with a few companies
- I am now working and paying all my taxes like any other good canadian or canadian-to-be
- I travelled only twice outside canada for 5 and then 25 days
- I called them several times, my application is in order and I have to wait. They also mentioned once that my background check is not yet complete. I am not sure about now!

I feel that I don't deserve the delay in processing my application

Reactions: ChippyBoy

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
From Montreal, QC
Application Sent October 23, 2017
Application Received October 25, 2017
AOR Received November 27, 2017
IP Status January 16, 2018
FP Request March 16, 2018
FP Done March 20, 2018
FP Received March 29, 2018 (IRCC told me over the phone)

I stopped counting, but I believe we are almost 225 days from IP and 280 days from the application date (i.e. October 23, 2017)

- I police records are all clean (with only 1 car parking ticket, and 1 driving on the reserved lane). Yes I am that clean!
- I finished my graduate studies from McGill over two years
- I started my own electronics distribution business for around 1 year and a half
- I worked as an employee with a few companies
- I am now working and paying all my taxes like any other good canadian or canadian-to-be
- I travelled only twice outside canada for 5 and then 25 days
- I called them several times, my application is in order and I have to wait. They also mentioned once that my background check is not yet complete. I am not sure about now!

I feel that I don't deserve the delay in processing my application
Montreal and since October! Those are Mississauga timelines.