+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I unfortunately join the "150+ Days of IP Club."

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I'm assuming you're stuck at Sauga office too.

I'm right behind you at 220 days since IP. Once 12 months have passed I'm pretty sure you can lawyer up and force them to make a decision.

Hopefully, it won't get to that stage for us.
lawyer up? LOL
seriously?
12 months is just an estimate they provided, not a promise, and they can change it any time they want, just like the time for PR renewal, was 50 days early this year, now it's more than 100 days

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
I'm assuming you're stuck at Sauga office too.

I'm right behind you at 220 days since IP. Once 12 months have passed I'm pretty sure you can lawyer up and force them to make a decision.

Hopefully, it won't get to that stage for us.
If anyone hasnt seen what frivolous cases look like, then it'll be a good idea to lawyer up to get firsthand experience.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hi All,

Well if it helps.....I have been in IP for 250 days exactly as of today.

Here are my timelines :-

Application Mailed : September 9 , 2017
Application Recieved : September 11, 2017
AOR Received : October 12, 2017
In Process : November 2, 2017
Test Invite :
Test taken :
Decision Made :
Oath invite :
Oath :

The process is frustrating, irritating and has now become humiliating as well for me personally. I know these are strong words but this is a fact.

When I called the call center after staying on hold for close to 40 minutes they were initially telling me that my application is within the 12 month SLA so they have no update to offer ( this was about 3 months or so ago when my application was about 175 days or so in process ) now when I called them up a couple of weeks ago and reminded them about the 12 month SLA approaching soon they said that it is very likely that my application might get delayed and the 12 month SLA is just a yardstick and represents the average time that it has taken for 80 per cent of the applications to be processed so the communication keeps on changing depending upon who you speak with.

A question for everyone - Does the 12 month window starts from the day IRCC recieves the application ( which is what I presume is the case ) or when they start processing the application ?

What I do suggest people to do and what I have done myself based on the advice I have recieved from this group is as follows :-

1. Apply for the CBSA Entry-Exit report to make sure that you have the report with you whe your interview invite does come to you. It will also help you to cross check and verify the dates. You can do this online on the CBSA website and it takes about 2 - 3 weeks to arrive. I did this before filing my application and it helped as this is the only document that IRCC takes as the gospel truth so I ordered a copy after my application as well which is updated since I did have trips after my application as well. I have recieved mine just yesterday.

2. Seek your GCMS notes to get a better idea about the notes that the IRCC officer has mentioned about your application and also to get to know which office your file is being processed in. You can apply for this on the IRCC website as well and it is supposed to arrive in 2 - 3 weeks as well.I applied about 2 weeks ago but haven't recieved it as of now.

3. Reach out to your MP and seek his/her intervention. I tried this but have not recieved any response on this but I guess it's worth a try.

Wish you all well with your applications and please keep everyone motivated and encouraged.

I know people have plans and this delay causes a lot of frustration and mental pressure but we all need to hang in there.

Everyone I know who either applied alongside me or after me has either recieved a test invite or oath invite so you can imagine how I feel being IP for 250 days now. All I can say is "Stay strong and stay positive".
Hello there,

check this out:

requesting the report directly from the CBSA will cause a significant delay to your application process.(source: CBSA website- https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html)

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
Applied Oct 16, received Oct 18, Toronto office, IP since Dec 6, 2017, called to ask about status on June 20 - told its within SLA-regular processing times. I'm 212 days IP today. ..... patience.....

How can I tell if my application is now in the Mississauga or Scarborough office? They didn't provide a reply in the email inquiry I sent.

Good luck to us all!

Thanks. :)
Easy, if you haven't received a test invite by now then it's Mississauga. Wherever there is disappointment there is Mississauga.

ByeUKhelloCA

Oct 27, 2017
Applied Oct 16 IP Dec 06 - 216 days IP today, and, found out yesterday after a 50 minute call that my application is at the Mississauga office - told no updates & not to call back until the 12 month processing time has been exceeded. So I have to wait 98 days before I call again - hopefully I get my oath date before then..... or is that a funny thought given that my application is in Mississauga?:rolleyes:

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
Applied Oct 16 IP Dec 06 - 216 days IP today, and, found out yesterday after a 50 minute call that my application is at the Mississauga office - told no updates & not to call back until the 12 month processing time has been exceeded. So I have to wait 98 days before I call again - hopefully I get my oath date before then..... or is that a funny thought given that my application is in Mississauga?:rolleyes:
In the same situation myself, so I would say yes it is a funny and inconceivable thought. Mississauga inviting before 12 months,,,,no way unless you have the luck of a lottery winner!

ahass

Nov 6, 2013
Almost 220 days since in progress...Scarborough office. The uncertainty is very frustrating to say the least..!

Reactions: N_Shine

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
lawyer up? LOL
seriously?
12 months is just an estimate they provided, not a promise, and they can change it any time they want, just like the time for PR renewal, was 50 days early this year, now it's more than 100 days
I've already spoken to a lawyer. After 12 months have passed you can mandamus a decision.

Reactions: ChippyBoy

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
I've already spoken to a lawyer. After 12 months have passed you can mandamus a decision.
I think that's because that lawyer is interested to provide you the service...;)

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I guess if you have the money, you can spend it how you want. I'm just curious, if you're willing to share... What it is about hurrying the process along that makes it worth paying potentially $1,000's to get something you will eventually get without spending the money?

ByeUKhelloCA

Oct 27, 2017
There are actually great government federal and provincial jobs that will only take citizens. That would be worth the expense if it's your target job.

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
I guess if you have the money, you can spend it how you want. I'm just curious, if you're willing to share... What it is about hurrying the process along that makes it worth paying potentially $1,000's to get something you will eventually get without spending the money?
An increasingly likely change of federal government next year altering the citizenship regulations, yet again without any grandfathering-in, might be one reason to fear an ongoing & seemingly open-ended processing delay.

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
An increasingly likely change of federal government next year altering the citizenship regulations, yet again without any grandfathering-in, might be one reason to fear an ongoing & seemingly open-ended processing delay.
By that if you meant the liberal will lose the election and the cons will take over - even if it happens , the citizenship rule won’t change any time soon , they would still have to start with a bill and go from there, and if it becomes law after a while, it would still take time to implement - and I have all the confidence that they will be really slow just like the Mississauga office lol

Reactions: vancouverbc2013