+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i think i may submit the second application on monday

wenbee222

May 14, 2015
hi i am not sure is it find to submit the second application but my first one has some mistakes i thought i could wait till it return back but now the new law is coming, and i think i is better i submit the second application, what do you guys think?
becasue i dont know when the first application return back i just correct my mistake (missing office receipt, application details) and send it back for old law or it will follow the new law...so confused.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Good idea to send a second app. Include a cover letter explaining the mistakes you have corrected, and ask them to kindly process the 2nd app instead.
I had to send a 2nd app last year because Canada post did not get proof of delivery so I wasn't sure my package was delivered. Turns out it was delivered and CIC never returned my 2nd app.

wenbee222

May 14, 2015
not eligible for new law. just 1130 days. so i think i am going to submit my second application on sunday and they will receive it on monday.

toronto_man

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Will you pay fees again when you send the application again? or will you use copy of the previous payment?

anyone who has sent two applications - pls share your experience to whether you payed fees again or not

vancouverca

Mar 15, 2012
Here is me again ! Dealing with the last minute deadlines.

I have sent my application via Canada Post on June 5. Came home and found out that new law will be effect in June 11. right away checked my tracking with CP and it says my item will be delivered June11.

So after talking few immigration consultants, I did decide resend my package without paying another fee and attach cover letter on it. By doing this I am guaranteeing myself that my application will be received by June 10th and not to worry with the new law.

Surprisingly my PR application was received the last day before the law changes and here is the same deal again..

toronto_man

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
what will you write in the cover letter?

so you confirm we send the same application with same date signature and same FEES Payment Receipt???

vancouverca

Mar 15, 2012
I will simply say that this is my second application due to time limit.
I will attach my estimated delivery time from Canada Post as well. As soon as they scan my receipt, I assume 2nd will automatically withdrawn. In this case I do assume my 1st. application I sent yesterday will withdrawn automatically.

vancouverca

Mar 15, 2012
Well,

Earliest I can send Monday. UPS guarantees 2 days delivery. So I think I am safe.

Again if you would like to re-pay, you can do it too. Worst case you will get your money back from your return application.

toronto_man

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
what if the first application was accepted?

i sent my first applications a few days ago missing the school paper about kids - my issue is that I do not know if they will return or accept

what happens if they accept the first application and then receive the second?

vancouverca

Mar 15, 2012
Than they will not processes your 2nd application or if they are clever enough they would take the papers from your second application attach it to your current one. At the end of the day, they are just regular office people working in that office, I am sure they would have a common sense about filing and etc.

I am not an expert or whatever but your application is already received, your case will processed under the current law. if they want you to add more documents they will send you a letter and add into your existing file. Your ruling wont be change.

sunnyjupiter

Apr 4, 2015
It is common that your application can reach its destination one or two days in advance
Keep tracking your package
I feel or I hope it will be there by June 9th
Good luck
vancouverca said:
Here is me again ! Dealing with the last minute deadlines.

I have sent my application via Canada Post on June 5. Came home and found out that new law will be effect in June 11. right away checked my tracking with CP and it says my item will be delivered June11.

So after talking few immigration consultants, I did decide resend my package without paying another fee and attach cover letter on it. By doing this I am guaranteeing myself that my application will be received by June 10th and not to worry with the new law.

Surprisingly my PR application was received the last day before the law changes and here is the same deal again..

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vancouverca said:
I will simply say that this is my second application due to time limit.
Well, for them it would be in fact your first application because the other application you sent is not supposed on time.