+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I think I have lost my PR status!!!

van1999

Oct 9, 2010
Hi I'm new here..i have along story,but will try to keep it short.
We moved to Canada in 1996..my husband was issued with a work visa(valid 3 years)..we stayed untill the end of 2000. due to family issues we returned to the UK....

Whilst we were debating on what to do,my husband was moved to another location in Canada and his work visa was extended....we were issued with a returning residents visa...which we used to go over to the Uk,then returned to Canada..no problems..

Eventually we did return to the Uk..where we have been since (9 years)

Whilst in Canada our sons were born there...
I do not know how easy it would be for myself(divorced) to return to Canada with my sons...they are Canadian citizens...
I am not....
Have I lost my PR status?
And I was also wondering if I would be re-admitted with my sons as one of them is disabled and needs support 24/7..
Can we be re-admitted under the special family rules visa?

I dont know wether to apply to the UK Canadian HC in London for a new PR card....not sure if I can...but it does mention on the website that if you lived in Canada you might still have PR staus even though you have been out of the country for a long period of time...

need some help as I'm not sure what to do

thanks

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems to me that you were never a PR. All the time you lived in Canada you were on a tempoary resident visa. Is this correct?