+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I submitted refrence letter edited myself on job roles

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
can I update emplyment letter on employer verification. as officer asked to share employer email id.
Strictly No, If the document is already issued to you!

You can't alter the information in any such official documents post issuance as this may land your application in trouble if the officer finds out that the document was altered intentionally.

However, you can make suggestions to the person who is issuing the document and get the same issued in the required format. Changing the information of an official document is never accepted and can be considered as misrepresentation without the consent of the owner. For which you may face consequences!

Madhu2564

Sep 23, 2022
Now what is the solution, I requested my employer I have the authentic letter now. But if with the already submitted letter (the altered one) immigration officer will go to my employer then I will in trouble here and there both sides. Immigration officer reached out to me for the employer email, how do I tell him that this is the actual refrence letter. how do I update that letter in my profile now?
My profile is is AINP submitted stage now. And verification is going on. I just have to share with them emails so that they can ask my employer about my roles and work exp with them. Please help me. Should I send am explanation letter that roles got revised or something?
I m pretty much worried now.

Madhu2564

Sep 23, 2022
I have the authentic letter, I just want immigration office r to have a new one and discard older one. how to do that? keeping in mind stage of the application. officer is awaiting for my reply so that he can reach out to my employer.
Profile has the altered letter, but I have non altered 100 percent authentic letter issued by my employer after I submitted the profile.

Madhu2564

Sep 23, 2022
Strictly No, If the document is already issued to you!

You can't alter the information in any such official documents post issuance as this may land your application in trouble if the officer finds out that the document was altered intentionally.

However, you can make suggestions to the person who is issuing the document and get the same issued in the required format. Changing the information of an official document is never accepted and can be considered as misrepresentation without the consent of the owner. For which you may face consequences!
Today at 1:00 PM
I have the authentic letter, I just want immigration officer to have a new one and discard older one. how to do that? keeping in mind stage of the application. officer is awaiting for my reply so that he can reach out to my employer. he emailed to provide email ids of my current and last employer.
Profile has the altered letter, but I have non altered 100 percent authentic letter issued by my employer after I submitted the profile. What to do now? please reply

ragolliangatan

Jun 1, 2021
i mean surely you just provide the email for the officer to contact your employer- i'm unsure why you feel you need to replace the letter.

Madhu2564

Sep 23, 2022
i mean surely you just provide the email for the officer to contact your employer- i'm unsure why you feel you need to replace the letter.
because the letter i submitted is altered, my employer won't approve it. I want to replace it with letter my employer gave me after I submitted the profile.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
because the letter i submitted is altered, my employer won't approve it. I want to replace it with letter my employer gave me after I submitted the profile.
Would your employer be willing to stick with the altered letter in case the query goes to him? Make sure to keep him in loop.

Reactions: Madhu2564

ragolliangatan

Jun 1, 2021
yeah, i think you are likely just going to have to sync up with your employer on this one- you probably shouldn't have submitted an official document that you altered (I don't know the circumstance but gonna guess it was just to get the job duties to better match NOC code)

Reactions: Taran D

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
yeah, i think you are likely just going to have to sync up with your employer on this one- you probably shouldn't have submitted an official document that you altered (I don't know the circumstance but gonna guess it was just to get the job duties to better match NOC code)
Agreed. Rather than alterting on your own I think you should have convinced him as I think you need him till the application is processed and not till this step only. Till you get your final decision you never know when IRCC can consult him.

Reactions: Madhu2564

Madhu2564

Sep 23, 2022
u r right...exactly...