+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I sponsored my nephew in 2023, can I sponsor my niece in 2024 for a student visa?

luckywoman

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hello Everyone,
Happy New Year to everyone. I have a question. I sponsored my nephew in 2023 and now i am planning to sponsor my niece in 2024.
Is there any problem in sponsoring her? Please advise.

Rita.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Everyone,
Happy New Year to everyone. I have a question. I sponsored my nephew in 2023 and now i am planning to sponsor my niece in 2024.

Rita.
Do you have enough to pay first year tuition and show minimum of $20k on top of what you showed for funds for nephew? If so, go ahead and try.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Rita.
As already mentioned you will have to show significant amount of funds in addition to proof that you are not exhausting your own savings. It is typically much harder for a second family member to get a permit because their ties are weakened by the other sibling moving to Canada. It also appears as though your nephew has not even started school yet and had to defer his studies until January and also wants to bring his 3 children and potentially a spouse to Canada which will require significantly more savings. There will be concern that a whole extended family is trying to relocate to Canada. They are also applying very close together which will also raise concerns about your ability to support all these people and that extended family is trying to relocate within a short period of time. Does your niece also have a family that she wants to attempt to come to Canada? For her best chances of suggest she should look at advanced degrees (master and PhDs would be preferable) from good public universities to alleviate concerns about being a genuine student: Given that your nephew couldn’t work for many months after he lost his spot in the fall semester hopefully he returned home so he can support his family and not raise any concern that he is working illegally in Canada.

Reactions: Naturgrl

luckywoman

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
As already mentioned you will have to show significant amount of funds in addition to proof that you are not exhausting your own savings. It is typically much harder for a second family member to get a permit because their ties are weakened by the other sibling moving to Canada. It also appears as though your nephew has not even started school yet and had to defer his studies until January and also wants to bring his 3 children and potentially a spouse to Canada which will require significantly more savings. There will be concern that a whole extended family is trying to relocate to Canada. They are also applying very close together which will also raise concerns about your ability to support all these people and that extended family is trying to relocate within a short period of time. Does your niece also have a family that she wants to attempt to come to Canada? For her best chances of suggest she should look at advanced degrees (master and PhDs would be preferable) from good public universities to alleviate concerns about being a genuine student: Given that your nephew couldn’t work for many months after he lost his spot in the fall semester hopefully he returned home so he can support his family and not raise any concern that he is working illegally in Canada.

Hello,
Thanks for your quick response. My nephew was booked for January, and he will be starting school soon.

For my niece, she is a registered Nurse back home and he will be coming to do a leadership program in Health care. All of them are still single. No spouse .

luckywoman

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Do you have enough to pay first year tuition and show minimum of $20k on top of what you showed for funds for nephew? If so, go ahead and try.
Yes, I do have, and her parents have done her a gift deed. Which he will show as living cost. Then I will pay the fees and any other cost.

Thanks Rita.