+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I spent most of my three years studying.

Feb 21, 2024
You are over thinking. Just tell them that you were studying. As long as you have the physical present days and have proof that you studied in Canada, you are fine.
Canada doesn't force their PRs to work in order to get citizenship. Or care that you studied somewhere else before you settled in Canada.

btw. I hope you have filed tax event without income, it's good for you. (likely get credit on things like GST etc)
again it's not a must do for citizenship. But if you did file tax, your NOA is another piece of proof that you can provide
I think you're confusing me for kittlykat who asked this question. I did actually work in Canada. But thanks for giving me the answer that my stay in France before landing wouldn't affect my nationality application!

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I think you're confusing me for kittlykat who asked this question. I did actually work in Canada. But thanks for giving me the answer that my stay in France before landing wouldn't affect my nationality application!
I did mix you two up. I though it's the same person. anyway, answered is that IRCC don't care as long as you meet your physical presence days.

Last edited: