+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I signed CPR at home, but after read that should have done in Canada :(

urartu99

Feb 20, 2012
Hi guys!

Today I received my passport with permanent residency visa!

I also received "Confirmation of Permanent Residency", a three page document that I have to have with me when entering Canada.

Unfortunately, I signed the form but afterwards, when was reading other attached papers I noticed "DO NOT SIGN YOUR CPR UNTIL TOLD SO BY..."

Do you think this is serious and I may have problems in the airport? If that is so important why on the original document there isn't any note saying that I shouldn't sign it now?

Looking forward to your answers.

Thank you.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
urartu99 said:
Hi guys!

I also received "Confirmation of Permanent Residency", a three page document that I have to have with me when entering Canada.

Unfortunately, I signed the form but afterwards, when was reading other attached papers I noticed "DO NOT SIGN YOUR CPR UNTIL TOLD SO BY..."

Do you think this is serious and I may have problems in the airport? If that is so important why on the original document there isn't any note saying that I shouldn't sign it now?

Thank you.
I think the idea is the official completing your record of landing is supposed to see you sign it. I would contact your visa office and check the situation.

Wayne.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
urartu99 said:
Hi guys!

Thank you.
Relax, there'll be no issues* except that u could expect to be admonished by the BSO.
S/he'd take ur signatures in another piece of paper [done for all anyway] & let u thru.

Qorax
*U aren't alone, many do so inadvertently/unintentionally.

urartu99

Feb 20, 2012
qorax said:
Relax, there'll be no issues* except that u could expect to be admonished by the BSO.
S/he'd take ur signatures in another piece of paper [done for all anyway] & let u thru.

Qorax
*U aren't alone, many do so inadvertently/unintentionally.
Haha, thanks mate! Yea, I really hoped I am not alone, pew