+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I ripped up the CoPR!!! :'(

Milo2980

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Guys,

I'm an idiot.

I received the Confirmation of Permanent Residence.
I opened the Canada Post thick envelop.
The documents were partially "glued" to the inner layer of the envelop because of its sticker juncture.

By tearing the envelope I ripped the CoPR!!! :eek::eek::eek::(:(:(

The copy for the client is completely tore apart:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GOfN3m2D1nqrlKFDQZwr5ln3j3N9N49W/view?usp=sharing

The Copy for the Officer is partially damaged:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rU4nJ1DgmFkVF4NBycrF2mamq0dlvpLs

What do I do???? :(:(:(:(:(

Milo2980

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Oh gosh, the automatic reply says their processing time for emails is 20 business days!

My flight is already paid and booked for December 15th, with return to Canada flight December 30th.

Milo2980

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
It's fine. CBSA can print a new COPR when you land.
thanks so much canuck, I can't say the relief felt when reading your reply.

Are you sure?
Even if they are technically equipped to print a copy, are they going to do that? Are they going to "accept" me / my landing with a ripped paper?

I'm particularly concerned because, in the Client Copy, exactly the whole corner with barcodes and numbers is totally ripped apart, like it doesn't belong to the rest of the paper anymore.

Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
thanks so much canuck, I can't say the relief felt when reading your reply.

Are you sure?
Even if they are technically equipped to print a copy, are they going to do that? Are they going to "accept" me / my landing with a ripped paper?

I'm particularly concerned because, in the Client Copy, exactly the whole corner with barcodes and numbers is totally ripped apart, like it doesn't belong to the rest of the paper anymore.

Thanks.
Why wouldn't they print it? It was a simple mistake and they are not going to deny your landing for it. People have lost their COPRs enroute and CBSA has printed them out so they can land.

Reactions: Raz0r and Milo2980

Milo2980

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Why wouldn't they print it? It was a simple mistake and they are not going to deny your landing for it. People have lost their COPRs enroute and CBSA has printed them out so they can land.
Oh wow! I would never have imagined this!! Thanks so much for telling me this, it is comforting.

You allowed me to fall asleep tonight.

:)

Reactions: Tomi2

Milo2980

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Update:
Received answer by email the day after! Nov. 15, 2017 (Subject line had application number and, in parenthesis, said "URGENT: CoPR ripped up by accident"): they told me the attachments couldn't exceed 5 MB and had to be PDF or JPEG, no ZIP files
Re-sent email with attachments adjusted on Nov. 15, 2017
Re-received answer by email on Nov, 15, 2017: they told me to send them to a certain address, by Xpresspost: 2 pictures, copy of that email of them, my application number, photocopy of bio page of the passport, printed receipt with barcode of the payment of the $30 fee for "replacement of immigration document" payable only online, and pre-paid Xpresspost return envelope. Told me to write "to the attention of NAMEOFLADY - xxxxxxx (a code)" to speed up the process and have the documents in time before my flight.
Sent everything on Nov. 15, 2017 (same day).
Documents delivered on Nov. 16, 2017.
Waiting.

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
Update:
Received answer by email the day after! Nov. 15, 2017 (Subject line had application number and, in parenthesis, said "URGENT: CoPR ripped up by accident"): they told me the attachments couldn't exceed 5 MB and had to be PDF or JPEG, no ZIP files
Re-sent email with attachments adjusted on Nov. 15, 2017
Re-received answer by email on Nov, 15, 2017: they told me to send them to a certain address, by Xpresspost: 2 pictures, copy of that email of them, my application number, photocopy of bio page of the passport, printed receipt with barcode of the payment of the $30 fee for "replacement of immigration document" payable only online, and pre-paid Xpresspost return envelope. Told me to write "to the attention of NAMEOFLADY - xxxxxxx (a code)" to speed up the process and have the documents in time before my flight.
Sent everything on Nov. 15, 2017 (same day).
Documents delivered on Nov. 16, 2017.
Waiting.
Good Luck bro. Nice of you to update here. Do the same till the end........