+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I ripped up the CoPR!!! :'(

Sam$

Jun 1, 2017
Update:
Received answer by email the day after! Nov. 15, 2017 (Subject line had application number and, in parenthesis, said "URGENT: CoPR ripped up by accident"): they told me the attachments couldn't exceed 5 MB and had to be PDF or JPEG, no ZIP files
Re-sent email with attachments adjusted on Nov. 15, 2017
Re-received answer by email on Nov, 15, 2017: they told me to send them to a certain address, by Xpresspost: 2 pictures, copy of that email of them, my application number, photocopy of bio page of the passport, printed receipt with barcode of the payment of the $30 fee for "replacement of immigration document" payable only online, and pre-paid Xpresspost return envelope. Told me to write "to the attention of NAMEOFLADY - xxxxxxx (a code)" to speed up the process and have the documents in time before my flight.
Sent everything on Nov. 15, 2017 (same day).
Documents delivered on Nov. 16, 2017.
Waiting.
Hello Milo, my copr has also got ripped while opening the envelope.
Did you got your COPR now?
What all docs did you send?
Can this be done from local high commission in my country?
Email id where you sent the intimation for torn copr

Pls let me know. Thanks

Reactions: Milo2980

Milo2980

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Hello Milo, my copr has also got ripped while opening the envelope.
Did you got your COPR now?
What all docs did you send?
Can this be done from local high commission in my country?
Email id where you sent the intimation for torn copr

Pls let me know. Thanks

Dear Sam$,

thanks for your message. I'm sorry to hear you had the same problem of the ripped CoPR.
And congratulations for the confirmation! Don't worry, you're almost done!

Can it be asked to the Local High Commission?
I don't know, sorry.

To what email to write?
You have to write to the email that is specified in the body text of the email that you received when they wrote you, asking to send your passport, photos, etc.
In my case it was CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca however BE CAREFUL! It might be different for different applicants having different country of citizenship. Check in the email they sent you when they requested your passport.

Here's the time that it took to get a fresh CoPR at home:
Evening of Nov. 14th: I emailed them.
Morning of Nov. 15th: I received their email reply with instructions on what to do
Afternoon of Nov. 15th: I sent them everything that they requested via Canada Post Xpress Post
Evening of Nov. 27th: I sent them another email to remind them about the issue. I mentioned the name of the lady and the code they gave me to address it to, and I said that I wrote the lady's name and code on both the envelope (externally) I sent and internally, in the attached sheet
Morning of Nov. 28th: they sent me an email saying they printed a new CoPR and shipped it on Nov. 28th using the Xpress post pre-paid envelope that I had included in the package.
Afternoon of Nov. 29th: I received the brand new replacement CoPR.

A few advices:

1) E-mail subject line
In the FIRST EMAIL, when I informed them that I had ripped up the CoPR, this is the subject I wrote to grab their attention (the E00XXXXXX is my application number. The booked flight is for real!!!):

E00XXXXXXX (URGENT: CoPR accidentally ripped up and flight booked and paid for December 15th)

2) Where I wrote the name of a lady and code
When they answered they told me this:
"Please submit the documents as soon as possible by mail in a single package to the attention of “NAME OF A LADY – EPXXXXXX”"

NAME OF A LADY is a name of one of their employees, I guess who is in charge of replacement documents for people with citizenship from non-visa countries
EPXXXXXX is the code of that lady

I wrote that statement that they asked:
"to the attention of “NAME OF A LADY – EPXXXXXX”
on BOTH:
• The post envelope, externally, as 4th line of the addressee address
• Inside the envelope, on the attached sheet that I printed

3) Documents they asked me to send them. BE CAREFUL! It might differ from different applicants and different country of citizenship! In my case, for example, I didn't need to send the passport since the beginning, I always sent only Photocopies of the passport, because I am from an EU visa exempt country. In your case, if you're from a visa country, they might require that you send the ORIGINAL passport again, and other things. Please, DO WHAT THEY SAY!
To me, they said:

In order to re-issue your CoPR, we require the following documents:

- A copy of the bio page of your passport;
- Two (2) recent photographs that meet the requirements stated on this webpage: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf;
- Receipt of the fee of $30 of online payment for replacement of an immigration document;
- A copy of this email;
- A prepaid return Express Post envelope in order to return your documents.

Please submit the documents as soon as possible by mail in a single package to the attention of “NAME OF A LADY – EPXXXXX” (this will help speed up the process so that you receive your documents well before your flight). Please quote your application number on your correspondence and send the package to:

If sent by Canada Post Xpresspost:

Case Processing Center - Ottawa
(PR-Reissuance)
PO Box 9780
Ottawa, ON, K1G 4B9

If sent by private courier (only):

Case Processing Center – Ottawa
(PR-Reissuance)
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, ON, K1A 1L1

4) To pay the 30 dollars fee of Replacement of Immigration document, you have to go here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/pay.asp?_ga=2.39163555.1010703601.1512834740-519056601.1504382108

Then, in the menu that says "What are you paying for" you have to select OTHER SERVICES.
Click to continue and in the next page write 1 in the QUANTITY cell besides the "Verify your status or replace an immigration document" line, having a $30 fee. Then go ahead, follow instruction, and you need to create an account with email and password of your choice. It will give you a receipt after you paid the 30 dollars fee. Print it, must have the barcode.

I hope this help, and I wish you will fix this issue as soon as possible. Don't worry, do everything carefully, with attention and accuracy, do what they ask, and you'll fix it.
BE CAREFUL: my indications are specific for MY CASE. In your case something might differ. Please hear from them and do exactly as they ask. If there is any difference between what I wrote and what they ask, of course do what they ask.

All the best, and keep us posted how it goes please.

Reactions: Sam$

Sam$

Jun 1, 2017
Dear Sam$,

thanks for your message. I'm sorry to hear you had the same problem of the ripped CoPR.
And congratulations for the confirmation! Don't worry, you're almost done!

Can it be asked to the Local High Commission?
I don't know, sorry.

To what email to write?
You have to write to the email that is specified in the body text of the email that you received when they wrote you, asking to send your passport, photos, etc.
In my case it was CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca however BE CAREFUL! It might be different for different applicants having different country of citizenship. Check in the email they sent you when they requested your passport.

Here's the time that it took to get a fresh CoPR at home:
Evening of Nov. 14th: I emailed them.
Morning of Nov. 15th: I received their email reply with instructions on what to do
Afternoon of Nov. 15th: I sent them everything that they requested via Canada Post Xpress Post
Evening of Nov. 27th: I sent them another email to remind them about the issue. I mentioned the name of the lady and the code they gave me to address it to, and I said that I wrote the lady's name and code on both the envelope (externally) I sent and internally, in the attached sheet
Morning of Nov. 28th: they sent me an email saying they printed a new CoPR and shipped it on Nov. 28th using the Xpress post pre-paid envelope that I had included in the package.
Afternoon of Nov. 29th: I received the brand new replacement CoPR.

A few advices:

1) E-mail subject line
In the FIRST EMAIL, when I informed them that I had ripped up the CoPR, this is the subject I wrote to grab their attention (the E00XXXXXX is my application number. The booked flight is for real!!!):

E00XXXXXXX (URGENT: CoPR accidentally ripped up and flight booked and paid for December 15th)

2) Where I wrote the name of a lady and code
When they answered they told me this:
"Please submit the documents as soon as possible by mail in a single package to the attention of “NAME OF A LADY – EPXXXXXX”"

NAME OF A LADY is a name of one of their employees, I guess who is in charge of replacement documents for people with citizenship from non-visa countries
EPXXXXXX is the code of that lady

I wrote that statement that they asked:
"to the attention of “NAME OF A LADY – EPXXXXXX”
on BOTH:
• The post envelope, externally, as 4th line of the addressee address
• Inside the envelope, on the attached sheet that I printed

3) Documents they asked me to send them. BE CAREFUL! It might differ from different applicants and different country of citizenship! In my case, for example, I didn't need to send the passport since the beginning, I always sent only Photocopies of the passport, because I am from an EU visa exempt country. In your case, if you're from a visa country, they might require that you send the ORIGINAL passport again, and other things. Please, DO WHAT THEY SAY!
To me, they said:

In order to re-issue your CoPR, we require the following documents:

- A copy of the bio page of your passport;
- Two (2) recent photographs that meet the requirements stated on this webpage: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf;
- Receipt of the fee of $30 of online payment for replacement of an immigration document;
- A copy of this email;
- A prepaid return Express Post envelope in order to return your documents.

Please submit the documents as soon as possible by mail in a single package to the attention of “NAME OF A LADY – EPXXXXX” (this will help speed up the process so that you receive your documents well before your flight). Please quote your application number on your correspondence and send the package to:

If sent by Canada Post Xpresspost:

Case Processing Center - Ottawa
(PR-Reissuance)
PO Box 9780
Ottawa, ON, K1G 4B9

If sent by private courier (only):

Case Processing Center – Ottawa
(PR-Reissuance)
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, ON, K1A 1L1

4) To pay the 30 dollars fee of Replacement of Immigration document, you have to go here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/pay.asp?_ga=2.39163555.1010703601.1512834740-519056601.1504382108

Then, in the menu that says "What are you paying for" you have to select OTHER SERVICES.
Click to continue and in the next page write 1 in the QUANTITY cell besides the "Verify your status or replace an immigration document" line, having a $30 fee. Then go ahead, follow instruction, and you need to create an account with email and password of your choice. It will give you a receipt after you paid the 30 dollars fee. Print it, must have the barcode.

I hope this help, and I wish you will fix this issue as soon as possible. Don't worry, do everything carefully, with attention and accuracy, do what they ask, and you'll fix it.
BE CAREFUL: my indications are specific for MY CASE. In your case something might differ. Please hear from them and do exactly as they ask. If there is any difference between what I wrote and what they ask, of course do what they ask.

All the best, and keep us posted how it goes please.
Thank you Milo for a detailed reply. It gives me hope that I will get fresh CoPR reissued.

Feb 27, 2018
I have yet to do my landing.

I accidentally tore the top part of my COPRs (just the top left of the first bar code is detached from the rest of the COPRs - rest of the documents are fine). I've sent an email to my VO as well as submitted a case specific enquiry using the web link asking for a replacement or some sort of guidance, but no response yet.
This is now the 26th working day since I wrote to them.

I've read somewhere that the cOPR can be re-printed at the port of entry. Is this true? That's the only thing In can bank on for now, as I havent received a response from my VO.

Or should I get in touch directly with CIC? What's their email address? I'm outside Canada btw. Help!

Reactions: Milo2980

Milo2980

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
I have yet to do my landing.

I accidentally tore the top part of my COPRs (just the top left of the first bar code is detached from the rest of the COPRs - rest of the documents are fine). I've sent an email to my VO as well as submitted a case specific enquiry using the web link asking for a replacement or some sort of guidance, but no response yet.
This is now the 26th working day since I wrote to them.

I've read somewhere that the cOPR can be re-printed at the port of entry. Is this true? That's the only thing In can bank on for now, as I havent received a response from my VO.

Or should I get in touch directly with CIC? What's their email address? I'm outside Canada btw. Help!
Hello my friend.
I'm sorry to hear you have the same problem that happened to me.
I only have my personal experience with this, and to me it happened being already in Canada. So, my guess (but this is just my guess/opinion, so, please, take it with a grain of salt) is that for applicants outside of Canada the timing of the replies are different.

What I would do if I was you:

• Just calm down, don't worry, it's only matter of delays/time, but you'll get through it.

• Focus your mind.

• Read with calm more time the detailed post I posted above, the one with also blue and red text. If I was you, I would send another email to the email address that is specified in the body text of the email that you received when they wrote you, asking to send your passport, photos, etc.
Maybe, follow my instructions literally, like also how I wrote the subject of the email, the word "urgent" in capital letters, etc.

• Follow what I did above step by step (except, of course, adapt it to your personal situation if there are any differences)

• I didn't obtain anything useful by talking with CIC. Who helped were the people at that email! But if you want to give it a try:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc.html

Ouch, to talk with them they say must be in Canada:
Call us
Access pre-recorded information about our programs or talk to an agent in English or French (in Canada only)

Well then you can try this link in that page:

Find an office
Information about IRCC offices in and outside Canada

I wish you all the best and hope and pray that you'll get an answer as soon as possible.
My best guess, go with the email, properly structured as I mentioned above ;)

Feel free to ask other questions here too.

Milo2980

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Hi,
What happens is something similar happens to a person outside Canada?
Hello.
I suggest you follow the instructions provided above.
The only difference, in my opinion, would be the email to contact. Probably, when they sent you the email informing you that you passed succesfully, they might have specified a different email/office/section to contact.

Just be accurate, communicate with them, and don't worry.

Wish you will fix this soon!

Sonav

Nov 7, 2019
I have accidentally torn the second page of the copr doc...my flight is due in two days... will I be issued another copy at the time of landing?