+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I renewed my passport as a protected person

SK80

Sep 30, 2019
Yes. Do not attempt to hide that you used your old passport. If discovered you will be in significantly more trouble.
Of course I will not attempt to hide anything; I do not do that at all. I was just trying to understand better.
Thank you.

Birdman10

Nov 27, 2019
I arrived in Canada two years ago through the Private Sponsorship program, and I used my valid passport to travel to Europe only once. I never went back to my home country nor did I renew my passport. Does this have an impact on my Citizenship application? Nobody told me that it is recommended not use my home country passport!
thanks for sharing your experience, and I would like to ask some questions
What document did use for entering Canada ?
Did the immigration officer ask you if you used your passport for travel?
thanks

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
I know one family been to their country after PR by using home country passport ,they asked some questions to man and also some from female but they are stil save even they Canadian passport

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I know one family been to their country after PR by using home country passport ,they asked some questions to man and also some from female but they are stil save even they Canadian passport
They may be safe for now but who knows if they were reported or will have issues when applying for PR renewal or citizenship. It is not something people should do if they want to keep their status in Canada.

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
They may be safe for now but who knows if they were reported or will have issues when applying for PR renewal or citizenship. It is not something people should do if they want to keep their status in Canada.
They did it when they have only PR card but now they got passport and did not get any problem, I m not saying to do this experiment , just share my personal experience
Thanks

Rakib hasan

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Hello every one !! I have applied for the refugee case in 2013 and got accepted as a protected person later I got my PR. Since 2013 I have not travelled back home till to the date . Neither I am intendeing to travel back home but the only mistake which I made is I renewed my passport from my home country . Not to travel to my home country but just to visit my children in another country . I am just too scared now to even apply for my RTD refugee travel document ..
Hi,
Didn't get your Canadian Passport yet ?