+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I received an ITA but want to add spouse to the application now

gsodhi

Jan 22, 2019
I filed as "accompanying spouse" previously and received an ITA immediately since my score was 470, now my husband is willing to move with me and if i change it to "accompanying spouse" it drops to 444, while the cut off is 445.

Can i pay the application fees and later add his ECA for the score to improve? WES will take almost 2 months for this.

Please guide.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
If you change him to accompanying after ITA, your points will be recalculated. Unless you can obtain ECA before you submit your application, you need to decline ITA and wait for next round.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I filed as "accompanying spouse" previously and received an ITA immediately since my score was 470, now my husband is willing to move with me and if i change it to "accompanying spouse" it drops to 444, while the cut off is 445.

Can i pay the application fees and later add his ECA for the score to improve? WES will take almost 2 months for this.

Please guide.
If you get to the step of paying the fees, that means you are one click away from actually submitting your application. So you can't apply and then change ECA info.
If you include your spouse and score drops to 444, you will lose your ITA, or your application will be rejected if you apply with that score, once it's reviewed against your score.

WES will probably come after the deadline of ITA expiry date.
So my advice would be to decline ITA and stay in the pool until you get your husband's ECA. Include that to increase points, and re-submit.
It's the best option for a tidy application. No need to rush anything! Your husband will give you 10 points for his education, so that should be fine, and should put you around 454.