+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I received 600 points. I have a fiance can i get married? Please assist

Kb1771

May 18, 2016
Hello all,
I received my 600 points from OINP/CIC.
The situation here is my work permit is expiring exactly after 1 month.
My status is single on paper but i am engaged,My fiancé is backhome and i am thinking to get married and apply for federal pr for both of us together.

My question is WHAT IS THE BEST WAY FOR ME TO DO? SHOULD I GO BACK, MAKE A QUICK VISIT REGISTER MARRIAGE AND COME BACK? OR APPLY FOR MY PR ONLY? BECAUSE IF I GET MY PR AND GET MARRIED IT WILL TAKE 1 YEAR FOR MY SPOUSE TO COME HERE.

I am sure some of you have faced same problems and i could really use your valuable suggestions as a help here.

Please assist.

Thank you

rajathbk

Apr 5, 2016
Dont just get married in court. Marry in some traditional style with functions so that you have photos and other proofs of family attending the wedding. As the Visa Officer is going to take your case very suspiciously and seriously as to why such a sudden marriage after receiving OINP.
Though, I have no idea how your OINP status will be after marriage. I am talking from perspective of CIC.
Please take others advice too, I am not an expert, and it is just a opinion.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Refer to this thread, similar to your situation.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-journey-to-pr-t414209.0.html

garry gill

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
NOT 1 year. it is definitely more than that, ive seen spousal case waiting time to be more than 24 months in some cases, although average time is 16 months. You should go and get married now, but you need to show all the proofs, when you met how you met, and the wedding should be in proper traditional way with all the proofs of hotels or resorts or functions or jewelry bought.
id say it is better to get married now, so you can both get PR together. but id suggest you to have decent wedding as in at least 100-150 guests.

mvd

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is someone doesn't want to invest so much in traditional marriage and just want to go for registered marriage?

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
If I was in your shoes...I would play it safe. I would delay the wedding as this can have a negative effect on your PR application unless you are absolutely certain you can convince the CIC officer that this is not a marriage of convenience. I would rather wait 12-24th for my wife to come to Canada rather than not becoming a PR at all.

Kb1771

May 18, 2016
Thanks for suggestions guys.
I got engaged in last November. We had over 200 guests and it also involved some Hindu rituals before ring ceremony. I have good amount of pictures which could prove its wedding.(if i need proofs) I am so confused right now because i am doing my research everywhere and can't seem to find proper answer. If somebodys been through I could really use their experience. I hope everything works out.

mvd

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ asivad anac - We could use your insight here mate.

mvd

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This will help to boil down to a conclusion.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsor-wife-india-after-engagement-court-marriage-please-help-t71873.0.html