+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i really need your need advice. pls HELP!!.

myrn

May 26, 2012
hi everyone,
i really need your need advice. pls help..

my case is, I am a PR and together with my daughter, we entered Canada last year, August 2012. My ex-husband soon entered Canada (in different destination) after 2 months., but we never met there.. I was the Principal Applicant under Skilled Worker Class.. During my application, our marriage was already in trouble, he have a new partner already and me have my new boyfriend too., it was later on too that we started our annulment. I didnt want to include him but I had no choice, All I was thinking is for me and especially my daughter's future, because the advice for me was better to include him so that I can meet the required points in order to apply. . That time of application, we are already separated, he live and work in different country and me working in different country too, but in papers, we are still legally married... When we got the application approved , I returned his passport to him without removing the visa sticker., but I did not inform and did not send to him his COPR because I didnt want him to come to Canada.. but after 2 months that me and my daughter arrived in Canada, I got news that he arrived there too and I dont know how. He stayed there for a month and went back to his work country.

Now here's the bigger story, just 2 days after we arrived in Canada, I learned that I was 5 weeks pregnant for my second child, with my boyfriend as the father.. I wanted to stay coz Maybe it was good for me because I got the chance to have my child be born in Canada and have a Canadian Citizen baby. My boyfriend applied for a tourist visa but he was refused. And since its only me and my eldest daughter (she's 7 1/2 y.o that time) there, it was too difficult for me as I was still adjusting to my new environment and especially to think that there's anybody to assist me during my pregnancy and once i give birth already, i became so depressed and so i decided to go back to my home country, that was in November 2012. Me and my daughter stayed in Canada for 3 1/2 months only. I gave birth to my 2nd child last April and Im planning to go back to Canada next year coz I dont want to loose my our residency, especially its for the future of my family. My annulment is approved by the court already last March but the marriage certificate with the annuled annotation is still in process in one of the government office here in my country, maybe I will be able to get it 2 months from now.. My boyfriend wants us to get married as soon as the annuled marriage certificate is released..

Now my questions are:
1. What shall I do to bring my boyfriend and my new baby to Canada and how? Is it possible for me to sponsor them?

2. Is there any chance for my PR to be revoked since my ex-husband and I are already separated and I being pregnant with my boyfriend as father the time we entered Canada? (my new baby carried the surname of my boyfriend in the birth certificate)

Thanks for all replies..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Did you receive any additional points for your husband in the FSW application? In other words, did you receive adaptability points due to his education or any family ties in Canada? Or did you meet the points requirements for FSW entirely on your own?

myrn

May 26, 2012
yes, i received adaptability points due to his education. Actually he has a sister there but I didnt include/ put it in my application coz I dont want to ask help from any of his relative..

i cannot meet the points required if I applied on my own only....

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It would be worthwhile to consult with a qualified immigration lawyer before you move forward with any sponsorship papers.

The fact that you were no longer in a relationship with your husband when you landed (i.e. were separated and with other partners) could be seen as misrepresentation by CIC and grounds to investigate if your PR status was obtained in bad faith. If you had received no points from your husband - then I think you might be fine. But the fact that you needed your husband to qualify could make the situation far more problematic.

I think it's reasonable to expect that CIC will review your application to sponsor your boyfriend very closely.

Can your boyfriend qualify to immigrate independently? This would be the safest path to take if you want to avoid any chance of creating problems for yourself.

myrn

May 26, 2012
that's so sad but thanks, yes,I will look for immigration lawyer about this.
As for my boyfriend, we have consulted before, but he did not qualified to apply independently to immigrate.. He also tried to apply 2 times for a tourist visa, but it was both denied.. We will check again this time if its possible for him to apply for immigration.
What about our new baby? she is acknowledged by my boyfriend as the father and carries my boyfriend's surname too on her birth certificate.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The baby gives your boyfriend no rights in Canada. The baby won't be able to sponsor her father (your boyfriend) until she is an adult.

The fact that you had a baby together shortly after you landed in Canada actually complicates your case because it makes it all the more clear that you were no longer in a relatioship with your husband (and were in a relationship with someone else) when you landed in Canada. If anything, the baby makes an even stronger case for misrepresentation.

myrn

May 26, 2012
thanks scylla, this is sad for us but we really appreciate your help clearing this concern on our minds. More power..

myrn

May 26, 2012
hi scylla, how does the CIC notify a person concerned when they are going to revoke their visas? does they inform by email?