+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I re-applied From India, Instead of UAE and this happened !!!

crxksa

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Hi all

So basically, i applied 1st time via non-sds from uae and got refusal with 5 reasons. then i re-applied from india and sadly refused again but with only one reason.
How can i overcome this situation and convince the VO the next time? As 3rd time is a charm, right ;)

First refusal reason Non-sds from UAE.
1) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
2) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
3) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
4) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
5) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

Second refusal reason Non-sds from India.
1) Given the applicant's previous education and/or employment history, I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable. Refused under R216(1)(b).

Timeline
1st - Non-sds from UAE.

I applied on sept 6th
biometric done on sept 8th
Medical done on sept 12th
Last update on sept 12th.
refusal on 4th of November 2021
decision in 60days

Round 2

2nd - Non-sds from India

I Re-applied on Jan 17th
Refusal on 11th of March 2022
decision in 53days

Course
I have enrolled in the 2022 Winter at Cape Breton University - Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Business Management program.
https://www.cbu.ca/academics/programs/post-baccalaureate-diploma-in-business-management/
It is a 2 year program.

I did my bachelors in aerospace technology and currently working on custom event technologies with different companies.
(like this youtube.com/watch?v=cp7Tq-6iAvg and youtube.com/watch?v=Tv3whJsGGGQ)

Funds
my bank balance - 50,000CAD
immovable in india and uae - 1,500,000CAD
i even put GIC of 14,000CAD for me and wife
6 Month fee paid

SOP was done my me (around 5page), i well explained everything in detail my status in uae and in india.
Like :-
  1. Reason for choosing my previous education
  2. Reasons for changing career from my previous education
  3. Reasons for My current / recent career path
  4. Reasons for further studies
  5. Reasons for choosing Canada
  6. Reasons to study at Cape Breton University
  7. My English proficiency
  8. Source of supporting my education in Canada
  9. Reasons for my wife to come with me to Canada
  10. Future plans after completion of my study in canada
Any advice and guidance are appreciated.

Thanks for reading

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all

So basically, i applied 1st time via non-sds from uae and got refusal with 5 reasons. then i re-applied from india and sadly refused again but with only one reason.
How can i overcome this situation and convince the VO the next time? As 3rd time is a charm, right ;)

1) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
2) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
3) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
4) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
5) I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

1) Given the applicant's previous education and/or employment history, I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable. Refused under R216(1)(b).

Timeline
1st - Non-sds from UAE.

I applied on sept 6th
decision in 60days

Round 2

2nd - Non-sds from India

I Re-applied on Jan 17th
decision in 53days

Course
I have enrolled in the 2022 Winter at Cape Breton University - Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Business Management program.
https://www.cbu.ca/academics/programs/post-baccalaureate-diploma-in-business-management/
It is a 2 year program.

I did my bachelors in aerospace technology and currently working on custom event technologies with different companies.

Funds
6 Month fee paid

SOP was done my me (around 5page), i well explained everything in detail my status in uae and in india.

Thanks for reading
So you are living in India now. Order GCMS notes and don’t reapply until you know full reasons. Your program makes no sense since you have a bachelors and now doing a PG in business. PG in business is generic and doesn’t build on your education or career. Consider a MBA

Reactions: wonderbly

crxksa

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
So you are living in India now. Order GCMS notes and don’t reapply until you know full reasons. Your program makes no sense since you have a bachelors and now doing a PG in business. PG in business is generic and doesn’t build on your education or career. Consider a MBA
So i applied on 17 of jan, i was in India for past 3 months and now i came to uae but i will go back.
Currently i am invested on a business in india and remotely consulting the event technology porjects, As i have small company in uae.
And my previous employment was as an R&D project Manager, so having a management academic experience will be good for my carrer and my own business.

ok i will order GCMS notes.

The main reason I didn't go for an MBA is that it's a 4-year course and I don't feel that I need to invest that much time and money at this moment of my life, but in the future, I might rethink doing an MBA.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So i applied on 17 of jan, i was in India for past 3 months and now i came to uae but i will go back.
Currently i am invested on a business in india and remotely consulting the event technology porjects, As i have small company in uae.
And my previous employment was as an R&D project Manager, so having a management academic experience will be good for my carrer and my own business.

ok i will order GCMS notes.

The main reason I didn't go for an MBA is that it's a 4-year course and I don't feel that I need to invest that much time and money at this moment of my life, but in the future, I might rethink doing an MBA.
A MBA is one or two years full-time, not 4 years. If for your business, why not an entrepreneurial program? Why do you need to come to Canada and particularly CBU? Business/management courses can be taken online and don’t say for “hands-on” experience.

What would you change in your profile if asking for reconsideration?

Reactions: wonderbly

Hehee

Star Member
Feb 28, 2022
Hi all

Timeline
1st - Non-sds from UAE.

I applied on sept 6th
decision in 60days

Round 2

2nd - Non-sds from India

I Re-applied on Jan 17th
decision in 53days

Course
It is a 2 year program.

Funds
6 Month fee paid

Thanks for reading
Well at least you only got one reason this time so that’s something. Generally if it says motivation to pursue this program is due to your study plan I am sure. But I will still get gcms notes for more insight but I am pretty sure it will be written study plan like it’s general or high cost or something or does not outline for which such an education would be of benefit.

crxksa

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
A MBA is one or two years full-time, not 4 years. If for your business, why not an entrepreneurial program? Why do you need to come to Canada and particularly CBU? Business/management courses can be taken online and don’t say for “hands-on” experience.

What would you change in your profile if asking for reconsideration?
MBA from a good university is expensive, at CBU MBA is 47,000 CAD.
The 2 year PG is only 20,000 CAD.

I believe studying Business Management will boost my career to grow into a higher position like directorial and greatly improve my ability to manage a bigger team. Also I will be able to take the knowledge gained this PG business management to run my own.

That's I didn't go for an entreprenerial program.

crxksa

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Well at least you only got one reason this time so that’s something. Generally if it says motivation to pursue this program is due to your study plan I am sure. But I will still get gcms notes for more insight but I am pretty sure it will be written study plan like it’s general or high cost or something or does not outline for which such an education would be of benefit.
How do you this I can over come this. Any suggestions.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
MBA from a good university is expensive, at CBU MBA is 47,000 CAD.
The 2 year PG is only 20,000 CAD.

I believe studying Business Management will boost my career to grow into a higher position like directorial and greatly improve my ability to manage a bigger team. Also I will be able to take the knowledge gained this PG business management to run my own.

That's I didn't go for an entreprenerial program.
MBAs are expensive but give you better understanding of business management. You are justifying a PG program because of cost. Taking a PG at CBU in Sydney NS (pop 28,000) with the nearest city (Halifax) 5 hours away is not going to give you higher positions. Sorry, only a MBA can do that. Your refusal was choice of program so if you don’t want to change it then reapply again and see what happens.

Apply without your spouse for a better chance.

Hehee

Star Member
Feb 28, 2022
MBAs are expensive but give you better understanding of business management. You are justifying a PG program because of cost. Taking a PG at CBU in Sydney NS (pop 28,000) with the nearest city (Halifax) 5 hours away is not going to give you higher positions. Sorry, only a MBA can do that. Your refusal was choice of program so if you don’t want to change it then reapply again and see what happens.

Apply without your spouse for a better chance.
Do not do anything right now. Wait for your gcms notes then see what to do my friend has a same course and same university he is in in Canada right now. Again wait for your gcms notes it will give you exact reason then you can decide if they say it’s your study plan then you can make a good study plan with letter of explanation and get the approval if it’s program then you can change that as well. So just wait for your notes then decide not now if you are smart.

Last edited:
Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do not do anything right now. Wait for your gcms notes then see what to do my friend has a same course and same university he is in in Canada right now. Again wait for your gcms notes it will give you exact reason then you can decide if they say it’s your study plan then you can make a good study plan with letter of explanation and get the approval if it’s program then you can change that as well. So just wait for your notes then decide not now if you are smart.
Agree you have two refusals and wanting to take PG business program that isn’t related to your undergrad.

crxksa

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
thanks for your feedback.

marty90

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
Hi all

Timeline
1st - Non-sds from UAE.

I applied on sept 6th
decision in 60days

Round 2

2nd - Non-sds from India

I Re-applied on Jan 17th
decision in 53days

Course
It is a 2 year program.

Funds
6 Month fee paid

Thanks for reading
You made a good call to apply from your home country , at least now you have a clearer picture of what is required from your end . Applying from UAE is hopeless as a temporary resident worker. I applied twice from the UAE and got the same refusal reasons the second time as if it was copy and pasted

crxksa

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
You made a good call to apply from your home country , at least now you have a clearer picture of what is required from your end . Applying from UAE is hopeless as a temporary resident worker. I applied twice from the UAE and got the same refusal reasons the second time as if it was copy and pasted
Yes, what a unfair system. almost an year went in this path.
Anyways i have LOA till September intake for this PG course, so i will try once more with it and at the same time try to get an LOA for MBA.
Then try in that ways also.

lets see.

Reactions: marty90