+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need to enter Canada as a tourist but i have a working holiday visa.

hydrosIII

Feb 15, 2013
Hi, !!
I have just applied to the International Experience Canada Program and i have received my working holiday visa. Also i have a tourist visa of multiple entries, for 5 years.
I'm planing a holiday of one week this summer with my faimily in Canada, but i dont want to use the working holiday visa, since i plan to arrive in january or february of the next year to Canada, and then stay the whole year there.
Is there a way i can explain this to the immigration officer?, i would like to enter Canada as a tourist this summer, and dont use the validity of my work visa. Is this possible, or maybe the best thing is not going to Canada this summer and cancel the vacations??

Than you in advance

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hydrosIII said:
Hi, !!
I have just applied to the International Experience Canada Program and i have received my working holiday visa. Also i have a tourist visa of multiple entries, for 5 years.
I'm planing a holiday of one week this summer with my faimily in Canada, but i dont want to use the working holiday visa, since i plan to arrive in january or february of the next year to Canada, and then stay the whole year there.
Is there a way i can explain this to the immigration officer?, i would like to enter Canada as a tourist this summer, and dont use the validity of my work visa. Is this possible, or maybe the best thing is not going to Canada this summer and cancel the vacations??

Than you in advance
Just tell the VO on entry, what you said above. You don't have to apply for the work permit.

hydrosIII

Feb 15, 2013
Im sorry, but updating the info, it seems that when the embassy granted me a working holiday visa they cancelled my visitor visa, i dont know why, but, can i still enter Canada as a tourist, im guessing the answer will be no.

hydrosIII

Feb 15, 2013
The reason is that i haven t picked up my passport, i was just looking at the e mail in which my visa got approved, when i got to the embassy and looked onto the visa i surprised because they cancelled my visitor visa , it said "cancelled without prejudice", i dont know why??, but im guessing that now i will not be able to enter to Canada as a visitor, the imigration officer at the embassy of Canada didn't have a clue about my case. I found some reference in the page of FAQ of the working holiday Australia, saying that australians could enter as visitors without presenting the Letter of introduction, however i think this doesnt apply to my country because here we need a visitor visa to enter Canada?, or does it apply???
Should i reapply for another visitor visa??? Why does the first got cancelled???

, i dont have a clue. Please help.