+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need some advise on a returned application, please

Angiebaks

Jan 30, 2016
Hi Guys,

need your input on some issue a friend has encountered. Personally I am Dec 2015 applicant and i received my OWP in March , now just waiting on the coming steps. Anyway a friend of mine sent her application sometime in July this year, her status was expiring July 31st but unfortunately it turns out that all her package has been returned, shes in tears (can't blame her) but my question is, is she able to still apply inland? Also she did apply for a visitors visa as she was on a work permit before. Please help me on how to advice her from here becasue not sure what the right advice would be.

Thank you and have a great day.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She has 90 days from the day that her status expired to apply for Restoration of Status.

Submitting an Inland application now is not the best option, since she no longer has legal status; she would not qualify for the OWP until she reached the AIP stage, which could be well over a year.

Can you resolve whatever issue(s) that lead to her application being returned? Was it merely a missing or outdated form...missing signature(s)?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Angiebaks said:
her status was expiring July 31st but unfortunately it turns out that all her package has been returned, shes in tears (can't blame her) but my question is, is she able to still apply inland? Also she did apply for a visitors visa as she was on a work permit before.
Did she apply to change to a visitor visa before July 31st? If so did she ever get a response on that application?

If no response yet, then she would still be here under valid implied status. So if she fixed the errors and re-submitted the inland app she should still be able to get the OWP as usual.

Angiebaks

Jan 30, 2016
she found out this morning that the application was returned 2 days ago so the reason so isn't known.

Ponga said:
She has 90 days from the day that her status expired to apply for Restoration of Status.

Submitting an Inland application now is not the best option, since she no longer has legal status; she would not qualify for the OWP until she reached the AIP stage, which could be well over a year.

Can you resolve whatever issue(s) that lead to her application being returned? Was it merely a missing or outdated form...missing signature(s)?

Angiebaks

Jan 30, 2016
yes she applied to change to visitor's status before July 31st but no response yet. Hopefully it is an easy fix and she can send back and try her lack on OWP but i guess right now whats important is for her to have a PR application in.

Rob_TO said:
Did she apply to change to a visitor visa before July 31st? If so did she ever get a response on that application?

If no response yet, then she would still be here under valid implied status. So if she fixed the errors and re-submitted the inland app she should still be able to get the OWP as usual.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Angiebaks said:
yes she applied to change to visitor's status before July 31st but no response yet. Hopefully it is an easy fix and she can send back and try her lack on OWP but i guess right now whats important is for her to have a PR application in.
That means that she currently has Implied Status and as Rob_TO said above, this means that will still qualify for the OWP.