+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need more information before applying for the TWP. Thanks.

ben8286

Jul 7, 2010
Hi everyone

Let me briefly explain my story. I am currently working as a pharmacist in Alberta after I got my degree in Canada. Right now i am working under my post graduation work permit but it is going to be expired this year Sep. I sent my PR application in Oct 2010 and I have not heard anything from CIC yet. Therefore, I am thinking I need to get another work permit just in case my PR application takes long.

I know that post graduation work permit can't be extended. So I need to re-apply the TWP. I am confused about the LMO thing. It requires my employer to have my position posted either in job bank or in the newspaper for couple weeks first. If they cannot hire any canadian, then they hire you.

But in my case, I am already working with my company and I am going to . So does my employer still need to have my position posted first.

Also, how long will it take to get the positive LMO? I am not sure if I need to apply it NOW.

Thanks.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
I don't think your employer needs to show recruitment efforts (advertising with the job bank) but s/he needs to apply for confirmation from Service Canada (LMO).

ben8286 said:
Hi everyone

Let me briefly explain my story. I am currently working as a pharmacist in Alberta after I got my degree in Canada. Right now i am working under my post graduation work permit but it is going to be expired this year Sep. I sent my PR application in Oct 2010 and I have not heard anything from CIC yet. Therefore, I am thinking I need to get another work permit just in case my PR application takes long.

I know that post graduation work permit can't be extended. So I need to re-apply the TWP. I am confused about the LMO thing. It requires my employer to have my position posted either in job bank or in the newspaper for couple weeks first. If they cannot hire any canadian, then they hire you.

But in my case, I am already working with my company and I am going to . So does my employer still need to have my position posted first.

Also, how long will it take to get the positive LMO? I am not sure if I need to apply it NOW.

Thanks.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Your employer DOES have to apply for an LMO, but because you were on a PGWP, they do NOT have to show recruitment efforts.
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/intstugrad.shtml