Waived
Passport Req..
6/6/2012 PPR Received..: 22/6/2012 Passport Sent...: 26/6/2012
VISA ISSUED...
2/8/2012 Visa Received: 10/8/2012
LANDED..........
15/9/2012
hi everyone. well here is my story.

just last sept 2009 i landed here as a PR. that time i was 2 mos pregnant. my status then is single. i did not apply for any job yet coz of my pregnancy. now my son is nearly 3mos old n im planning 2 enroll him in childcare so dat i can work. wen i got enaf money im planning to go back home with my son. so dat me and his father could get married. so when i get back here in canada i could sponsor him. i believe its possible. we are in 3 years relationship when i left. we dont qualify as common law partners coz we did not live with each other for 12 consecutive months. dats y we planned dat wen i got back home we will get married so dat we could be together with our son.

im planning to go back home some time nxtyear.

now my questions are:

can i already apply for a passport for my child dis early? i do not know anyone hu could be a guarantor.
wen we r married, could i sponsor him ryt away wen i get back here in canada?
will pictures,cards, phone bills, etc. be so necessary? or d marriage contract alone will be enaf proof?
who will be sending proofs to prove dat r relationship is genuine,me or him?
who will be interviewed,wil it be both of us?
do anyone hav any idea of how much it will cost me for this sponsorship?

im looking forward for your replies guys.
all future comments, suggestions & advices r highly appreciated..
thanks in advance!! God Bless u all..

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
ladyR said:
just last sept 2009 i landed here as a PR.
How did you get a PR visa to Canada?
can i already apply for a passport for my child dis early? i do not know anyone hu could be a guarantor.
Yes.
wen we r married, could i sponsor him ryt away wen i get back here in canada?
Yes.
will pictures,cards, phone bills, etc. be so necessary? or d marriage contract alone will be enaf proof?
Your marriage certificate - and a baby - is not enough proof. You have to prove your relationship is genuine. Photos, cards, emails, phone bills, letters, etc. are all good proof. Phone your husband-to-be using some way that leaves a record - I suugest you use a land line and get a bill in your name that lists his number and when you called. Don't just use phone cards that leave no record, even though it is cheaper. If you really can't afford it, make sure you have some proof you keep in contact with him some other way - for example, emails. Keep them. You can get a record of your calls if you use Skype. If you message each other, use a way where you can print out your message log.
Another way to prove your marriage is genuine would be going back to visit him. When you do, keep all evidence - your plane ticket and boarding passes, hotel and restaurant receipts, etc. If you send each other gifts, include the receipts and a photo of the gift in the application.
Keep evidence that your husband-to-be is as involved in your baby's life as possible.
who will be sending proofs to prove dat r relationship is genuine,me or him?
Both of you should gather all the evidence you can. You are the one who sends in the application, though, so you put all the evidence together in a good order.
who will be interviewed,wil it be both of us?
He will be interviewed, if there is an interview. Sometimes the visa officer calls the spouse in Canada. If you are visiting your spouse when he is interviewed, they may interview you too.
do anyone hav any idea of how much it will cost me for this sponsorship?
$1,040. This is the basic fee. If you use a lawyer or immigration consultant to help you, it will cost maybe $2,000 to $5,000 more. Photocopying all the evidence and mailing the application, and printing out the photos you use also adds up.

ladyR

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
TORONTO, ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/01/2012 Sponsor Approval: 11/05/2012
Doc's Request.
None
File Transfer...
18/05/2012
Med's Done....
28/12/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6/6/2012 PPR Received..: 22/6/2012 Passport Sent...: 26/6/2012
VISA ISSUED...
2/8/2012 Visa Received: 10/8/2012
LANDED..........
15/9/2012
How did you get a PR visa to Canada?
im already considered as PR of ca wen i landed here. i was sponsored by my mom..

i was wondering if those proofs r really necessary coz sum people i know, they nid not pass those stuffs..wat they did is just fill up d necessary forms & include their certf of marriage. their marriages were like 10+ years ago, so does dis mean dat recently married couples r d only ones dat nid 2 proove d relationship is genuine?

thanks for d reply,btw.. :)

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
People who have been married a long time and have lived together throughout their marriage don't need as much proof - if you've been living together for 10 years and have kids, it is obvious your relationship is genuine.
Usually, though, the situation is not so clear. It's best to assume you need a lot of proof and send it in. Your marriage certificate is not enough in any case.