+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need help with my Job Duties and NOC Code

popsynathan

Jan 5, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I have an issue and will really appreciate your advise.

I have over 3 years of work experience as an Industrial Relations Officer andd Human Resources Generalist and my NOC is 1121. I have worked in 3 different companies as shown below;

Human Resources Associate- April 2017 - August 2018
Industrial Relations Officer- August 2018 - August 2019
Senior Human Resources Associate- September 2019 - Present

My concern is that I practised most of the duties under NOC 1121 in my 3 jobs but I keep hear people saying that one must have done almost everything listed in the duties. I have added my job duties for the 3 roles and also the duties for NOC 1121 and I need you to help check if they correlate.

NOC 1121 Duties:
  • Plan, develop, implement and evaluate human resources and labour relations strategies including policies, programs and procedures to address an organization's human resource requirements
  • Advise managers and employees on the interpretation of human resources policies, compensation and benefit programs and collective agreements
  • Negotiate collective agreements on behalf of employers or workers, mediate labour disputes and grievances and provide advice on employee and labour relations
  • Research and prepare occupational classifications, job descriptions, salary scales and competency appraisal measures and systems
  • Plan and administer staffing, total compensation, training and career development, employee assistance, employment equity and affirmative action programs
  • Manage programs and maintain human resources information and related records systems
  • Hire and oversee training of staff
  • Co-ordinate employee performance appraisal programs
  • Research employee benefit and health and safety practices and recommend changes or modifications to existing policies.

First Job:
  • Executed HR projects and initiatives in line with company’s policies and procedures.
  • Managed employee information and data through maintenance of staff files to reflect current reality of employees lifecycle.
  • Interpreted company policies and procedures to employees and offered advice accordingly.
  • Led the end-to-end implementation of the company’s disciplinary/employee grievance procedure to ensure fairness.
  • Managed residential training programmes for new Academy employees and issued training and employment contracts.
  • Processed confirmations and worked with line managers to finalise performance appraisals as at when due.
  • Conducted salary surveys as an input into the annual budgeting process or as required.
  • Managed other HR transactional functions such as leave management, exit management, payroll support and other HR enquiries.

Second Job:
  • Prepared monthly Business Essentials: a publication on the economy, employment relations matters, and legal opinions that are disseminated internally and to member-companies monthly.
  • Advised member-companies on strategies and policies on human resources management, fair employment practices and employee/ industrial relations issues.
  • Proffered advice to member-companies on matters relating to the mediation of labour relations disputes and grievances, health and workplace safety practices, etc. with trade unions of their respective companies/industries.
  • Prepared and administered employment agreements, staff handbooks, and human resource policies.
  • Conducted job evaluations and salary survey exercises.
  • Maintained information database of human resources experts for member-companies and co-ordinated their quarterly meetings and programs.
  • Researched and recommended international best practices on workplace safety.
Third Job:
  • Compensation and Benefits Administration- Manage Health Insurance, Group life insurance, monetary and other non-monetary benefits for all employees.
  • Payroll Administration- Manage the entire Payroll process
  • Advice employees and stakeholders on company’s policies, procedures and compliance issues.
  • Employee Information and Data Management- Maintain Employee Database on Company’s Human Resources Information System (HRIS), ensuring details are accurately captured and updated consistently.
  • Performance management- Coordinate confirmation process and manage Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) with employees.
  • Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Management- Manage the company's counselling services program
  • Manage the entire Pre-boarding and Onboarding processes for new employees.
  • Facilitate new hire induction program and ensure training compliance for all new hires.
  • Coordination of all activities related to employee background/reference checks
  • Periodic review of company policies to reflect organisational changes
  • Support HR team specific projects- change management, employee engagement initiatives, etc.
  • Support with resolving all queries via the HR Helpdesk