+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need help, Sponsorship application will be cancelled.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Despite what your lawyer has told you, it’s highly unlikely you have the exceptional circumstances needed for an H&C application to be successful.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
So I still would be able to work then, right?
I hope we could fix this otherwise I want to explore my other options.
A lawyer told me you can ask for human rights court to grant the PR , any idea?
There is no H&C aspect to this. If your sponsor effectively chooses to withdraw from the sponsorship, by refusing to attend, there is nothing that you or a lawyer can do. Your lawyer may be suggesting that you create a new, completely separate, H&C application.

Reactions: scylla

AlexMorris

Dec 7, 2018
There is no H&C aspect to this. If your sponsor effectively chooses to withdraw from the sponsorship, by refusing to attend, there is nothing that you or a lawyer can do. Your lawyer may be suggesting that you create a new, completely separate, H&C application.
Can you please advice what happens to my work permit?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Can you please advice what happens to my work permit?
Nothing at all. The failure of the PR application doesn't invalidate the work permit.

AlexMorris

Dec 7, 2018
Call the IRCC’s Call Centre.
I called IRCC they told me in any scenario , whether she cancel the process or I withdraw from it I will have the work permit.

On the other hand I talked with some lawyers and they mentioned that I will lose my work permit, which one is correct?

Can anyone suggest a lawyer with good experience in sponsorship issues please?

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called IRCC they told me in any scenario , whether she cancel the process or I withdraw from it I will have the work permit.

On the other hand I talked with some lawyers and they mentioned that I will lose my work permit, which one is correct?

Can anyone suggest a lawyer with good experience in sponsorship issues please?
You won't lose your work permit for sure

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Do I need to call IRCC to reschedule the interview??
Only if your sponsor is going to turn up. Otherwise there is no real point. A lawyer isn't going to be of any help for the "sponsorship" failure. That's completely up to the (ex-)sponsor. There is no legal recourse if she's done with it...

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If your relationship has broken down, you will want to be careful and consider telling IRCC about this. They will figure it out when your sponsor doesn't appear at the interview, but they may reject your PR application. The finalization interview involves a question where the CIC officer asks if your sponsor is still willing to sponsor you.