+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need help, Sponsorship application will be cancelled.

AlexMorris

Dec 7, 2018
Hello,

I need your advice about my situation.

What happens if sponsor person refuses to come to the landing interview?
Is PR process will be cancelled?
Also, in case of cancellation what are my rights?
And finally, I have an work permit valid(Inland Applicant) for another year, what happens to my permit in this case?

Thanks you in advance.

Last edited:

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
Because we had a fight and since then she do not talks with me ‍♂
So, are you the sponsor? You said sponsored person refuses to come and you also said that you have a work permit. To me it makes sense if your sponsor doesn't want to come and you are the sponsored person. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, when you go to a landing interview they ask your sponsor if he/she still wants to sponsor you. In your case, if the sponsor doesn't come it means they dont want to sponsor you anymore, assuming this you will not do landing and will not become a PR.

Reactions: msb

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello,

I need your advice about my situation.

What happens if sponsored person refuses to come to the landing interview?
Is PR process will be cancelled?
Also, in case of cancellation what are my rights?
And finally, I have an work permit valid(Inland Applicant) for another year, what happens to my permit in this case?

Thanks you in advance.
If you are in fact referring to the sponsor not attending, they may refuse to "land" you. I don't think that you have any "rights" at that point. The sponsor can withdraw from the application at any time up to the actual grant of PR status
If the sponsored person doesn't attend, they simply don't become a PR.

AlexMorris

Dec 7, 2018
So, are you the sponsor? You said sponsored person refuses to come and you also said that you have a work permit. To me it makes sense if your sponsor doesn't want to come and you are the sponsored person. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, when you go to a landing interview they ask your sponsor if he/she still wants to sponsor you. In your case, if the sponsor doesn't come it means they dont want to sponsor you anymore, assuming this you will not do landing and will not become a PR.
I’ve corrected , sorry. I am the sponsored (applicant) person.

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
I’ve corrected , sorry. I am the sponsored (applicant) person.
If your sponsor won't show up then your pr application will be cancelled and you will stay with your work permit only. You will have to find another way to apply for PR. You also can ask them to change your interview date for later so you will have more time to fix your relationship and then come to the interview later .

AlexMorris

Dec 7, 2018
If your sponsor won't show up then your pr application will be cancelled and you will stay with your work permit only. You will have to find another way to apply for PR. You also can ask them to change your interview date for later so you will have more time to fix your relationship and then come to the interview later .
So I still would be able to work then, right?
I hope we could fix this otherwise I want to explore my other options.
A lawyer told me you can ask for human rights court to grant the PR , any idea?

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
Landing interview may not even require your sponsor to be honest its to finalize your information, your PR may already be approved even, usually it is and the landing interview is just to do your formal entry back into canada.

AlexMorris

Dec 7, 2018
Landing interview may not even require your sponsor to be honest its to finalize your information, your PR may already be approved even, usually it is and the landing interview is just to do your formal entry back into canada.
Unfortunately its not the case, My sponsor did not attend for the interview two weeks ago and the officer just told me we will make new appointment soon and both of you must attend.
And she was not happy at all, so it is not that easy I believe.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
How long have you not spoken ? You
posted this last year in December 2018.
But looks like it was deleted, so had to copy/paste

AlexMorris said: ↑
Hi,

I want to share my story and ask for your advice.

We married last year and back in January last year we sent our Inland application. a Month ago I figure out something and this devastated our marriage.

we do not talk since then. Last week I received a letter with this Title '' Eligibility Passed ''.

I know my wife can cancel sponsorship unless the final decision is made. I wonder what this letter means? Is it final decision Letter?
And how can I understand if she requested the withdrawal?

Thanks.

From this, sounds like there’s been no communication since November 2018
If she refused to go too the first meeting , sounds like she MUST go to the second , if not I’d be exploring other routes

AlexMorris

Dec 7, 2018
How long have you not spoken ? You
posted this last year in December 2018.
But looks like it was deleted, so had to copy/paste

AlexMorris said: ↑
Hi,

I want to share my story and ask for your advice.

We married last year and back in January last year we sent our Inland application. a Month ago I figure out something and this devastated our marriage.

we do not talk since then. Last week I received a letter with this Title '' Eligibility Passed ''.

I know my wife can cancel sponsorship unless the final decision is made. I wonder what this letter means? Is it final decision Letter?
And how can I understand if she requested the withdrawal?

Thanks.

From this, sounds like there’s been no communication since November 2018
If she refused to go too the first meeting , sounds like she MUST go to the second , if not I’d be exploring other routes
No after that we fixed and everthing was ok. Till around 1 month ago.