+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need help for re applying TRV to Canada from the UK

mik2202

Jul 19, 2014
Hello,

I have just made an application to Canada on a TRV and I got rejected this morning. The worst thing is that I do not understand why I got rejected. The only thing mentioned is "I have completed my assessment of your application and I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for a temporary resident visa. Therefore, your application is refursed".

As required, I provide all documents in the checklist
1. Application for temporary resident visa
2. Family Information
3. Schedule 1 - Application for Temporary Resident Visa
4. 2 photos
5. Status letter from the university as a postgraduate student
6. Letter of support from my parents saying that they will be responsible for my stay in Canada
7. My monthly salary for a part-time job in the UK
8. My birth certifcate
9. Passport + Studying visa in the UK
10. Hotel booking
11. The e ticket to my homecountry from the UK, to show the officer that I do not have any intention to stay in Canada for longer period.
12. My bank statement - which has 2500 GBP, almost 5000 CAD and I just apply for 1 week.

I have a close friend which has the same nationality as me in Canada, who told me that Canada is a beautiful country, that's why I made a visa application here. I dont intend to stay in his place so I made my hotel booking and I dont mention him in my application. I just put "tourism" purpose. I also print some tours ( I havent made a booking for these tours yet but I intend to). I have never committed any crime any where.

I really want to meet my friend and since my flight booking is set, I want to travel somewhere, so I want to consider re applying. Anyone, who has any idea about why I got rejected, please help me. If I apply again, is there any chance I will be successful?

And is it possible for me to get refund from visitor visa application (it 112 gbp)

Thanks!

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
Sounds like you are not a UK national? My wife was also denied a US Visit Visa from the US Embassy in London. Although she was resident here, she was told that she was not resident here long enough (I think they look for you to be a resident for a number of years in the country from which you apply or be a national of that country) to apply from UK. As she had a Turkish Passport, she was told to apply from the US Embassy in TURKEY.

So although you have the correct documentation, fees etc etc, if you are not a long term resident (having residence status) or national, they will ask you to apply from the country of nationality. In the case of the US, they see every applicant seeking Temporary Visa as a possible illegal immigrant who will not return from their holiday and seek stay in the US. It is for us, with the evidence we provide in the application, to prove that we have valid reasons to return back to the UK (or country which we are applying from).

elin5211

Oct 14, 2014
mik2202 said:
Hello,

I have just made an application to Canada on a TRV and I got rejected this morning. The worst thing is that I do not understand why I got rejected. The only thing mentioned is "I have completed my assessment of your application and I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for a temporary resident visa. Therefore, your application is refursed".

As required, I provide all documents in the checklist
1. Application for temporary resident visa
2. Family Information
3. Schedule 1 - Application for Temporary Resident Visa
4. 2 photos
5. Status letter from the university as a postgraduate student
6. Letter of support from my parents saying that they will be responsible for my stay in Canada
7. My monthly salary for a part-time job in the UK
8. My birth certifcate
9. Passport + Studying visa in the UK
10. Hotel booking
11. The e ticket to my homecountry from the UK, to show the officer that I do not have any intention to stay in Canada for longer period.
12. My bank statement - which has 2500 GBP, almost 5000 CAD and I just apply for 1 week.

I have a close friend which has the same nationality as me in Canada, who told me that Canada is a beautiful country, that's why I made a visa application here. I dont intend to stay in his place so I made my hotel booking and I dont mention him in my application. I just put "tourism" purpose. I also print some tours ( I havent made a booking for these tours yet but I intend to). I have never committed any crime any where.

I really want to meet my friend and since my flight booking is set, I want to travel somewhere, so I want to consider re applying. Anyone, who has any idea about why I got rejected, please help me. If I apply again, is there any chance I will be successful?

And is it possible for me to get refund from visitor visa application (it 112 gbp)

Thanks!
Hi. Did you re apply? Our situation is almost same. I'm studying in UK and i'm planning to apply for just a week too.