+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need emergency help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

I care about your health. Actually I am the same as you HIV. I was HIV positive in 2017.I started taking antiviral drugs in 2017.Positive until becoming negative in 2020. 2021, 2022 and 2023 are all the same "negative". But it still needs to continue taking antiviral drugs to effectively control the HIV virus. You can find a specialized HIV hospital here in Canada and talk to a doctor. If you have IFHP They will give you medicine for free.Antiviral drugs can treat HIV.And one more thing.You can't just tell anyone "you are HIV". They will be scared and not understand your health situation. But only they accept HIV (IRCC, refugees, others).And you can't have sex with anyone.This is something that will affect you and be very troublesome. And don’t let your landlord know that you are HIV-positive. So you must continue to take antiviral drugs obediently.Regular blood draws and checks on your blood status.

I have lived in Ontario, Canada for a year. I take medicine every day to fight HIV and I also go to the HIV clinic regularly for blood draws.

This is my reference.

good luck

Just some clarification. You aren’t HIV negative your viral load is undetectable which is very different. You would only be negative if you hadn’t been infected with HIV. As you mentioned you are required to be upfront with any sexual partners about your HIV status in Canada. It can be a crime not to tell a sexual partner that you are HIV positive before having any form of sexual interaction that could put you then at risk of potentially being exposed to HIV. Not something that you need to bring up on your first few dates unless you want to or unless the situation requires you to do so but you do need to bring it up relatively early in a relationship. I am sure other HIV positive people are there best people to suggest how to divulge this information. Other than in romantic relationships or medical situations you do not have to divulge your HIV status to other people unless you want to. Not all other asylum claimants or protects people may be comfortable with your HIV status while many in Canada are very informed about HIV and will have no problem with your status. I would always consider the individual. Would suggest you speak to your doctor or any sexual health centre/charity in Canada because you seem to be misinformed about some issue surrounding HIV. You can still have sex while you are HIV positive if you would like to and your partner feels comfortable to do so. Would still recommend having protected sex even if your partner is HIV positive (even with an undetectable viral load) but you are not limited to condom these days there is Prep as an option as well. There may be other drug options as well not up-to-date on all things HIV. Would suggest going to public health clinics that are specifically for sexual health or there are also some HIV specific clinics or charities. If you are part of the LGBTQIA+ populations there are some organization/charities that target these specific populations and information and challenges related to HIV in this population and may provide information that is more relevant to non-heterosexual couples.