+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need an advise...

Proud Dad

May 14, 2013
Currently I am working as a Finance Officer here in Middle East. I earn 42,000 pesos net monthly( US Dollars 1,025.00).
I have my application to Canada as a Service Crew(Cashier). In my contract it says that they'll pay me 11.72 per hour, and I'll work for 36hrs a week.
Truly, I want to go to Canada because they say it is a good country to work & live, I can do a part-time job also.
I am happily married with one child. I can't able to take, if I'll accept the offer and send less remittance to my family.

Honestly, I don't know what trend there is in Canada. I want to know if I can earn same amount or more than of what my present company is giving me or should I expect less. How much is the possible net income I may receive monthly if I'll accept the offer.

PLEASE, I need your opinion Guys for my decision making.

Thank you.

zacoroka

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
In my own opinion, i suggest you take the risk and try...why i say this?...'coz i did not hear from anybody in Canada (who is a temporary foreign worker) that they are not contented there...however, we may speculate and do some rough or estimated calculation on the expenses there to tally if it will compensate our over-all financial program for our family...by the way,i am also a PROUD DAD...hahaha!...have 2 kids and a pretty wifey in the Philippines...Presently i am working here in Bahrain and have an application pending at CEM-Abu Dhabi...Pray to God as well to guide you and check your inner thoughts...to apply or not to apply?...take care,bro...God bless!

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
36 hours is full time according to CIC, HRSDC, and many provinces.

Cashier will not qualify your family to join you without applying for visitor's visas. (I checked the generic NOC code for Cashier, 6611. It also won't qualify you for immigration!) Your child will have to pay international tuition for school and your wife cannot work if they are allowed to come, which is doubtful.

You cannot work any additional jobs on your work permit. It's only valid for the employer who got the LMO. Working side jobs is illegal and can get you into trouble - i. e., deported and banned. You also cannot hold two work permits, although if you find a employer who is offering a better job/salary/hours, you are allowed to apply for a new work permit and switch jobs.

Please verify the NOC code on your paperwork.

I would expect net pay of $1100-1200 per month on that salary. You will probably have some money to send to your family. It depends on your expenses and lifestyle choices.

honney

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
amikety said:
36 hours is full time according to CIC, HRSDC, and many provinces.

Cashier will not qualify your family to join you without applying for visitor's visas. (I checked the generic NOC code for Cashier, 6611. It also won't qualify you for immigration!) Your child will have to pay international tuition for school and your wife cannot work if they are allowed to come, which is doubtful.

You cannot work any additional jobs on your work permit. It's only valid for the employer who got the LMO. Working side jobs is illegal and can get you into trouble - i. e., deported and banned. You also cannot hold two work permits, although if you find a employer who is offering a better job/salary/hours, you are allowed to apply for a new work permit and switch jobs.

Please verify the NOC code on your paperwork.

I would expect net pay of $1100-1200 per month on that salary. You will probably have some money to send to your family. It depends on your expenses and lifestyle choices.
+1 for you

S.luke

May 16, 2013
WELL, I GUESS U NEED TO THINK ABOUT IT. REMEMBER, MAKING DESICIONS IS OT LIKE AN OVERNIGHT SLEEP PROCESS. BUT I SUGGEST YOU TAKE THE RISK SO YOU'D BE ABLE TO KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO BEIN CANADA.

TO TELL YOU ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE, I CAME FROM THE MIDDLE EAST. I ONLY EARN 30,000 PESOS MONTHLY AND THAT IS THE NETPAY. I WAS SO EXCITED DURING MY APPLICATION AND COULDN'T ALMOST SLEEP EVERY NIGHT WAITING FOR MY VISA APPROVAL. ANYWAYZ TO CUT IT SHORT, CANADA IS OT WHAT WE EXPECT IT TO BE. I WISHED NEVER LEFT MY JOB IN THE MIDDLE EAST. IT IS VERY MUCH DIFFICULT HERE. I EARN THE SAME RATE YOU ARE OFFERED FOR AN HOUR BUT I WORK 40 HOURS A WEEK. CONSIDER THESE, YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR TAX, YOUR ACCOMODATION RENT, FOOD, PHONE BILLS ETC. PHONE BILL IS VERY CHEAP IN QATAR WHERE I CAME FROM.. AND THE MOST DEPRESSING AND DISAPPOINTING MATTER IS THAT YOUR EMPLOYER HAS TO PROMOTE YOU TO SUPERVISOR POSITION OR SPONSOR U IN SOME KIND OF A PROGRAM SO YOU COULD APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE. OTHERWISE, IN FOUR YEARS OF WORKING IN CANADA WITH THE SAME PAPERS ASYOU ENTERED, THEY SEND YOU BACK HOME. AND YOU ARE BANNED FOR FOUR-YEAR ENTRY. IT'S DEPRESSING. I AM A SERVICE CREW TOO, AND ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT IT IS VERY DIFFICULT. I DONT CHOOSE JOBS BUT I FIND WORKING IN CANADA VERY DIFFICULT. TRABAHO MO LAHAT DITO.. ANYWAYZ, I AM NOT DISCOURAGING YOU BUT ALL OF WHICH I SAID ARE FACT. GOOD LUCK..

Proud Dad

May 14, 2013
zacoroka said:
In my own opinion, i suggest you take the risk and try...why i say this?...'coz i did not hear from anybody in Canada (who is a temporary foreign worker) that they are not contented there...however, we may speculate and do some rough or estimated calculation on the expenses there to tally if it will compensate our over-all financial program for our family...by the way,i am also a PROUD DAD...hahaha!...have 2 kids and a pretty wifey in the Philippines...Presently i am working here in Bahrain and have an application pending at CEM-Abu Dhabi...Pray to God as well to guide you and check your inner thoughts...to apply or not to apply?...take care,bro...God bless!
Maraming salamat sayo Kabayan. Your advise is really helpful. But to tell you honestly I'm still on processing of decision making and really don't know how to decide. By the way, Kabayaan nbanggit mo n nsa Embassy n ng Canada ang papers mo. Pwede ko bang mahingi sayo ang exact mailing address of Canadian Embassy sa Abu Dhabi, pati narin kung kanino payable o nakaaddress yung draft? Salamat ulet.

isabela

Star Member
May 14, 2011
S.luke IS right...if just working here as low skill like cashier,fca its easy job but not enough money.....pROUD DADDY if u r recieving right now 42,000 pesos net income i recommend better stay there.....if we calculate ur salary here 11.72 x36=421.92x4=1,687.68 a month.....less govt deductions tax, employment insurance,canada pension plan.....and less foods, rent of shared house or apartment,transportation and other extra expenses.....yes, lots of jobs here as long as u have all the legal papers...if u change job u should change everything like LMO, work permit and it take months too to process.....diot kung cashier or fca po kau..as S. LUKE mention....all around po u can be a dishwasher or janitor.....well its up to u to decide....good luck...

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
isabela said:
additional info u cant apply for PR and your contract is good for 4 yrs only.....
Ditto. Cashier doesn't qualify for PR. Which is why I asked your NOC code, so we can verify. You should research CEC and PNP for the province you want to live in and see what you must have to qualify. Only some jobs qualify, mostly trades and skilled work (usually requiring a bachelor's degree or better).

zacoroka

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Proud Dad said:
Maraming salamat sayo Kabayan. Your advise is really helpful. But to tell you honestly I'm still on processing of decision making and really don't know how to decide. By the way, Kabayaan nbanggit mo n nsa Embassy n ng Canada ang papers mo. Pwede ko bang mahingi sayo ang exact mailing address of Canadian Embassy sa Abu Dhabi, pati narin kung kanino payable o nakaaddress yung draft? Salamat ulet.
@ Proud Dad........Copy paste ko po sa website nila:

Bank draft payment instructions:

Bank drafts are the only mode of payment accepted for applications made in-person
The bank draft must be in Canadian dollars addressed to the: “Receiver General for Canada”.
Please take note of the following:
Print your name on the back of the bank draft or certified cheque.
Only bank drafts containing the name and complete address of the Canadian bank will be accepted.
We do not accept personal or company cheques.
Bank drafts must be valid for at least six (6) months from the date of issuance.
Please ensure that the bank does not forward your bank draft to this office.
Your payment must accompany your application.
Pay the exact fee for your application (do not add cents).
If your application is received at this office without the correct processing fee attached, it will be returned to you.

...Bro Proud Dad, puwede ka pumunta sa mga Exchange & Money Transfer na kumpanya or puwede rin sa mga Bangko diyan na puwedeng mag-facilitate ng payment,kabisado nila kung paano gagawin pero magtanong ka pa rin...nakalagay sa Bank Draft ay " Receiver General for Canada"...tapos kapag complete na yung mga documents mo,ipadala mo thru ARAMEX ( Alam din nila iyon kung paano,dapat ipagawa mo ay may " return airway bill " )...address: EMBASSY OF CANADA IN ABU DHABI, TRADE TOWERS ( ABU DHABI MALL ), WEST TOWER, 9th - 10th floor. VISA SECTION ( EMBASSY OF CANADA ) P.O.BOX 6970-ABU DHABI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES....tapos may mga ON-LINE SYSTEM na ngayon at may bago pa,ganito siya (NEW visa application centre (VAC) opened in Abu Dhabi on May 1, 2013, and is located on Al Meena Street (Union National Bank Building). We encourage you to apply online or through the VAC as applications submitted directly to the visa office will take longer to process....so read mo muna yung site nila...
at ikukuwento ko na rin sa iyo...ganito,nagkamali ako ng bayad before kaya bumalik lahat ng papers/documents ko,before kasi 75 CAD $ lang ang bank draft ko,dapat pala 150 CAD $,Mali daw yung payment ko...(pero make sure,bro PROUD DAD,kung magkano na,baka nabago na payment fee,hindi ako sure sa ngayon)....tapos cashier lang din ang ina-applayan ko...i am receiving here in Bahrain almost 32,000 pesos...tapos yung salary sa canada 11.45 lang yata sa akin,medyo mababa lang din...pero heto gusto ko pa ring i-try,...sa PR wala tayong magagawa pa dahil may mga ibang program bawat state nila...tama ang sinabi nila amikety, s.luke, isabela, low-skilled (cashier) hindi qualified for PR...pero gusto ko pa rin i-try sa Canada...kaya,bro,think twice and thrice,...mag-decide ka na,...to apply or not to apply?...panay din ang dasal ko pa na sana i-touch ni God yung Visa officer na mag-a-approve ng VISA ko,...sana i-approve niya...medyo napa-praning na nga ako sa kakaisip...hahaha!...God bless,bro!...( i hope hindi ka nahilo sa istorya ko...hehe! )

isabela

Star Member
May 14, 2011
try and try untill you succeed....sa Bahrain ba yung 32,000pesos clear na yun....kc d2 kung ang net salary is &1,200 as i mentioned in my other post may kaltas pa yun like foods mga $300, rent of shared house or apartment $ 400 to 500 pinakamura na po yan..and my other expenses pa po like phone medyo mahal esp kung sosyal na may internet pa...bus fares .pero tyr no pa rin...

zacoroka

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
isabela said:
try and try untill you succeed....sa Bahrain ba yung 32,000pesos clear na yun....kc d2 kung ang net salary is &1,200 as i mentioned in my other post may kaltas pa yun like foods mga $300, rent of shared house or apartment $ 400 to 500 pinakamura na po yan..and my other expenses pa po like phone medyo mahal esp kung sosyal na may internet pa...bus fares .pero tyr no pa rin...
@ isabela......Thanks for the upliftment...

Proud Dad

May 14, 2013
zacoroka said:
@ Proud Dad........Copy paste ko po sa website nila:

Bank draft payment instructions:

Bank drafts are the only mode of payment accepted for applications made in-person
The bank draft must be in Canadian dollars addressed to the: “Receiver General for Canada”.
Please take note of the following:
Print your name on the back of the bank draft or certified cheque.
Only bank drafts containing the name and complete address of the Canadian bank will be accepted.
We do not accept personal or company cheques.
Bank drafts must be valid for at least six (6) months from the date of issuance.
Please ensure that the bank does not forward your bank draft to this office.
Your payment must accompany your application.
Pay the exact fee for your application (do not add cents).
If your application is received at this office without the correct processing fee attached, it will be returned to you.

...Bro Proud Dad, puwede ka pumunta sa mga Exchange & Money Transfer na kumpanya or puwede rin sa mga Bangko diyan na puwedeng mag-facilitate ng payment,kabisado nila kung paano gagawin pero magtanong ka pa rin...nakalagay sa Bank Draft ay " Receiver General for Canada"...tapos kapag complete na yung mga documents mo,ipadala mo thru ARAMEX ( Alam din nila iyon kung paano,dapat ipagawa mo ay may " return airway bill " )...address: EMBASSY OF CANADA IN ABU DHABI, TRADE TOWERS ( ABU DHABI MALL ), WEST TOWER, 9th - 10th floor. VISA SECTION ( EMBASSY OF CANADA ) P.O.BOX 6970-ABU DHABI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES....tapos may mga ON-LINE SYSTEM na ngayon at may bago pa,ganito siya (NEW visa application centre (VAC) opened in Abu Dhabi on May 1, 2013, and is located on Al Meena Street (Union National Bank Building). We encourage you to apply online or through the VAC as applications submitted directly to the visa office will take longer to process....so read mo muna yung site nila...
at ikukuwento ko na rin sa iyo...ganito,nagkamali ako ng bayad before kaya bumalik lahat ng papers/documents ko,before kasi 75 CAD $ lang ang bank draft ko,dapat pala 150 CAD $,Mali daw yung payment ko...(pero make sure,bro PROUD DAD,kung magkano na,baka nabago na payment fee,hindi ako sure sa ngayon)....tapos cashier lang din ang ina-applayan ko...i am receiving here in Bahrain almost 32,000 pesos...tapos yung salary sa canada 11.45 lang yata sa akin,medyo mababa lang din...pero heto gusto ko pa ring i-try,...sa PR wala tayong magagawa pa dahil may mga ibang program bawat state nila...tama ang sinabi nila amikety, s.luke, isabela, low-skilled (cashier) hindi qualified for PR...pero gusto ko pa rin i-try sa Canada...kaya,bro,think twice and thrice,...mag-decide ka na,...to apply or not to apply?...panay din ang dasal ko pa na sana i-touch ni God yung Visa officer na mag-a-approve ng VISA ko,...sana i-approve niya...medyo napa-praning na nga ako sa kakaisip...hahaha!...God bless,bro!...( i hope hindi ka nahilo sa istorya ko...hehe! )
Bro zacoroka kelangan ko ulet ng info sayo ngsend kp b sa canadian embassy ng proof of funds available? hindi ko kc masend application ko kc hintay p ng sahod pro kelangan kn kagad kcng maipasa yn. salamat ulet.

zacoroka

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Proud Dad said:
Bro zacoroka kelangan ko ulet ng info sayo ngsend kp b sa canadian embassy ng proof of funds available? hindi ko kc masend application ko kc hintay p ng sahod pro kelangan kn kagad kcng maipasa yn. salamat ulet.
@ Proud Dad...hindi na ako nag-send ng proof of funds...ang ginawa ko lang yung mga nasa checklist nila...hintayin mo na lang if ever na mag-request ang CEM-Abu Dhabi...for the meantime,submit mo lang muna yung mga nasa checklist...kasi alam ko parang kapag cashier,hindi pa yata required yung proof of funds...