+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need advise in light of GCMS

Eagle02

Jan 24, 2024
Hello folks,

I received GCMS notes today and found a note from the officer

"xxxxxxxxxxxx Couple have provided photos of themselves at all ceremonies and in casual settings the couple does not appear comfortable together, communication provided is XXXX long distance bill showing very short calls and brief WhatsApp conversation that does not appear genuine.

Interview to be schedule to address R4 concerns"

The above note is from August. I also moved to Canada on TRV in August and updated my address, another note after (the one above) says "Webform submission indicates the PA is now in Canada on TRV updated address for PA and SPR"

Since then there are no updates and progress on my application and I am still in Canada (on TRV) living with my spouse, please advise me on what should I do next in light of the GCMS notes I received

your help would be highly appreciated

vancityrichard

Jan 24, 2024
Hey, it's hard to offer advice without a specific question being asked, but it seems like the officer reviewing your file is questioning the authenticity of your relationship. When they say you look uncomfortable together and don't communicate much, they're saying you don't seem like a couple in a genuine relationship. It seems like they're going to schedule interviews to further investigate the validity of your relationship. My best advice would be to get on the same page as your spouse and show clearly during that interview that you are in a real, loving marriage.

Additionally, did you apply as an outland sponsorship? If you did, and you're now in Canada, they might just be flagging that.

Eagle02

Jan 24, 2024
Hey, it's hard to offer advice without a specific question being asked, but it seems like the officer reviewing your file is questioning the authenticity of your relationship. When they say you look uncomfortable together and don't communicate much, they're saying you don't seem like a couple in a genuine relationship. It seems like they're going to schedule interviews to further investigate the validity of your relationship. My best advice would be to get on the same page as your spouse and show clearly during that interview that you are in a real, loving marriage.

Additionally, did you apply as an outland sponsorship? If you did, and you're now in Canada, they might just be flagging that.
Yes I applied as an Outland and then later got a visit visa and in Canada since August living with my spouse, I also applied for extension about 2 months ago and still waiting on that

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Yes I applied as an Outland and then later got a visit visa and in Canada since August living with my spouse, I also applied for extension about 2 months ago and still waiting on that
Thats unfortunate that the officer feels that way, I dont even comprehend how the officer can come to the judgement that a couple does not appear comfortable together. Were you both not similing in all your pics or looking joyful? Really odd

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
As others have responded, it's hard to give advice since there is not a lot of background given.

Was that an arranged marriage? Were you two newly wedded (thus was a bit uncomfortable together) in pictures?
Do you have more proof now? You can update IRCC with more information before the interview is called.

Eagle02

Jan 24, 2024
Thats unfortunate that the officer feels that way, I dont even comprehend how the officer can come to the judgement that a couple does not appear comfortable together. Were you both not similing in all your pics or looking joyful? Really odd
my husband is like a serious person all the time

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
my husband is like a serious person all the time
So he wasn't smiling and looked happy even with his friends (menioned casual settings in the note)
I understand that he may look more serious in formal wedding and ceremony pictures.

Do you have new evidence like adding each other in CRA records, in insurnace and work benefit ...etc

Eagle02

Jan 24, 2024
So he wasn't smiling and looked happy even with his friends (menioned casual settings in the note)
I understand that he may look more serious in formal wedding and ceremony pictures.

Do you have new evidence like adding each other in CRA records, in insurnace and work benefit ...etc
I am on visit visa, so I am not working, however I have my name along with my husband in the leasing documents as well as on residence insurance, my husband have already added me as a spouse (just a first name) on the CRA profile

Eagle02

Jan 24, 2024
As others have responded, it's hard to give advice since there is not a lot of background given.

Was that an arranged marriage? Were you two newly wedded (thus was a bit uncomfortable together) in pictures?
Do you have more proof now? You can update IRCC with more information before the interview is called.
Are you saying I can go ahead and submit additional documents even though they have not asked any ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
what documents you think would be helpful ? and will it have any impact on interview
The GCMS notes are pretty clear about what the issues are. Provide things that address those weaknesses.

rather obvious one since the weakness identified was relatively minimal communication is ... more communication. Even better: evidence of living together.

More photos might help. My suggestion would be photos with other people in the photos as well with brief descriptions ("John with friends bowling and trying really really hard to act like a normal person and not a robot"*). Not a lot of photos but a few.

Some might have different opinions but I don't find anything too odd about saying :"we got GCMS notes which expressed doubts about the relationship, please note we have now been living together in Canada for x months, perhaps this information and other documents we've provided will serve to address the concerns in the comments, since we submitted our relationship information when we'd still been living apart" - or whatever makes sense.

*Yes, that's a joke.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am on visit visa, so I am not working, however I have my name along with my husband in the leasing documents as well as on residence insurance, my husband have already added me as a spouse (just a first name) on the CRA profile
These are some of the new proof of your relationship that wasn't available before you join your husband in Canada. Provide them.
If you have a few causal pictures of you 2 spending time with friends, or just the 2 of you now at home (hopefully, he is less serious when he's at home with you).

Also look into suggestion from armoured

Reactions: Eagle02

Eagle02

Jan 24, 2024
I have attached, tenant lease agreement, tenant insurance (showing our names) and some pictures, let see how it goes