+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need advise for passport issues

poohbooh

Jun 27, 2012
I’m Ellen currently working in Doha Qatar, I need help, I will be sending my application (TFW with LMO) to the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi but I have problem with my passport. Here in Qatar most of the employees passport are kept by the employer. I can borrow only not more than two months. So if I will send my applications along with my passport it will be kept throughout the processing? So if the average processing time is about 6 months (temporary work permit ) they will return my passport for that long period of time?
My next question is if I will send only the bio data of my passport, it will not affect my application maybe it will be rejected or you will return my application. Please advise me what can I do.. Thank you so much..

europegirl

Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
NOC 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-feb.2012
Doc's Request.
Completed. 17-Feb.2012
AOR Received.
25-Apr. 2012
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
Med's Request
2-Jul-2012 dated 25-June-2012
Med's Done....
11-July-2012 Result sent July 18, 2012
Interview........
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
SUbmitted together with other Documents 17-Feb. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
poohbooh said:
I'm Ellen currently working in Doha Qatar, I need help, I will be sending my application (TFW with LMO) to the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi but I have problem with my passport. Here in Qatar most of the employees passport are kept by the employer. I can borrow only not more than two months. So if I will send my applications along with my passport it will be kept throughout the processing? So if the average processing time is about 6 months (temporary work permit ) they will return my passport for that long period of time?
My next question is if I will send only the bio data of my passport, it will not affect my application maybe it will be rejected or you will return my application. Please advise me what can I do.. Thank you so much..
you have the same issue in this forum,, http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-photo-copy-of-passport-possible-to-send-for-approval-t109659.0.html try to check it, and it might help as well when you communicate with this person,, share your experiences.

thank you

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I cannot answer your question with authority, but if you do decide to send a copy of the PP, send all pages, not just the biopage and have it notarized. Include cover letter with full explanation of the reason you did not comply. What will you do when you HAVE to send the PP to get the visa put in it?

poohbooh

Jun 27, 2012
@Pippin - I can borrow my PP for 2 months but for a longer period of time I mean throughout the processing I cant coz my employer will ask me. Base to your experienced, you submit the application along with your original passport?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I don't know the answer, sorry. Check out the following link as it is discussing the same topic and there seem to be differing opinions. Check the visa office specific instructions, and if you are not able to follow the instructions you are given, provide evidence of why in a cover letter and supply the best alternative you have. Good Luck.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-photo-copy-of-passport-possible-to-send-for-approval-t109659.0.html