+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need advice for Spouse Interview

gujrati786

Dec 3, 2018
Hi all,
My Wife and I have an interview next month. I am looking for any kind of help possible regarding the Interview.

I am a Canadian Citizen, married to Pakistani National on July 6, 2017. I lived with my wife for almost 2 months after marriage before coming back to Canada. First marriage for both.
I am concerned about a few things.
I have a physical disability and when I applied I was getting Disability Assistance by the government and still am. I only found a job a few months ago and work part time from home.
I also haven't gone back to visit because I was finishing up school and due to my disability it is impossible for me to travel by myself.

Will this be a issue for the interviewer. What kind of questions will they ask about my disability. We were arrange married but my wife knew about my disability and said yes to the proposal. Our families have been family friends for longer then I can remember.

For Proof We have gathered Marriage photos. Whatsapp chat logs. Whatssap audio call logs. Money transfer receipts.
Is there any other documentation that we need to take?
Also my brother and I got married together and we had the reception on the same day.

Any help regarding such a case would be really appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,
My Wife and I have an interview next month. I am looking for any kind of help possible regarding the Interview.

I am a Canadian Citizen, married to Pakistani National on July 6, 2017. I lived with my wife for almost 2 months after marriage before coming back to Canada. First marriage for both.
I have a physical disability and when I applied I was getting Disability Assistance by the government and still am. I only found a job a few months ago and work part time from home.
I also haven't gone back to visit because I was finishing up school and due to my disability it is impossible for me to travel by myself.

Will this be a issue for the interviewer. What kind of questions will they ask about my disability. We were arrange married but my wife knew about my disability and said yes to the proposal. Our families have been family friends for longer then I can remember.

For Proof We have gathered Marriage photos. Whatsapp chat logs. Whatssap audio call logs. Money transfer receipts.
Also my brother and I got married together and we had the reception on the same day.

The fact your haven't gone back to visit your spouse for a year and a half is likely a big concern for IRCC and makes them concerned this is a marriage of convenience. I would expect questions on this topic (i.e. the fact you haven't seen each other in so long). I'm going to assume that your wife tried applying for a TRV to come to Canada and visit you and was refused.

I'm not sure if they will ask you anything about your financial situation in the interview. They may or they may not (interviews tend to be focused on relationships). If they do ask, you want to be able to show / explain that your spouse will not be a burden on the social support system in Canada. The best way to show this is to demonstrate she is working in her home country now and plans to do the same when she arrives in Canada.

gujrati786

Dec 3, 2018
The fact your haven't gone back to visit your spouse for a year and a half is likely a big concern for IRCC and makes them concerned this is a marriage of convenience. I would expect questions on this topic (i.e. the fact you haven't seen each other in so long). I'm going to assume that your wife tried applying for a TRV to come to Canada and visit you and was refused.

I'm not sure if they will ask you anything about your financial situation in the interview. They may or they may not (interviews tend to be focused on relationships). If they do ask, you want to be able to show / explain that your spouse will not be a burden on the social support system in Canada. The best way to show this is to demonstrate she is working in her home country now and plans to do the same when she arrives in Canada.
Thanks for replying. Supporting her won't be a problem. My father owns a house and we will be living together with my family. He has sent letter attesting that we will be living with him expense free. Rent and groceries all covered. Also I have been working now for a couple month and combined with the disability assistance I make as much money as regular person working full time job.

I haven't been able to visit because it is very difficult for me to travel alone but we talk every day and have proof. We have marriage photos from all ceremonies, I spent 2 months there after marriage.

What kind of other evidence will help support her interview as we are happily married.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for replying. Supporting her won't be a problem. My father owns a house and we will be living together with my family. He has sent letter attesting that we will be living with him expense free. Rent and groceries all covered. Also I have been working now for a couple month and combined with the disability assistance I make as much money as regular person working full time job.

I haven't been able to visit because it is very difficult for me to travel alone but we talk every day and have proof. We have marriage photos from all ceremonies, I spent 2 months there after marriage.

What kind of other evidence will help support her interview as we are happily married.
Did she apply for a TRV to come visit you? Again, I'm assuming she applied and was refused. Is that right?

gujrati786

Dec 3, 2018
Did she apply for a TRV to come visit you? Again, I'm assuming she applied and was refused. Is that right?
no I wasn't aware of such things and was told that you don't approved for this so she never applied. I did however have MP to call and ask about where the process a few times and also sent letters myself wanting to be together and if they could expedite the process.

hungvangg

Mar 12, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

check your private message.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
no I wasn't aware of such things and was told that you don't approved for this so she never applied. I did however have MP to call and ask about where the process a few times and also sent letters myself wanting to be together and if they could expedite the process.
I think that will complicate things. This makes it look like neither of you have made an effort to visit each other in the last year and a half.

You'll definitely want to bring evidence to show your relationship is genuine. Your wife should also be prepared to answer detailed questions about you and your relationship. She should expect questions about why she didn't try to visit you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Have you notified the government of your new job? Most of time disability payments get clawed back if you work and you only qualify if you have limited savings.

Unfortunately disabled people are not treated as equals in many parts of the world. There will also be concern\ about whether this is a marriage driven by immigration because many families would refuse a marriage with a disabled spouse.

gujrati786

Dec 3, 2018
Have you notified the government of your new job? Most of time disability payments get clawed back if you work and you only qualify if you have limited savings.

Unfortunately disabled people are not treated as equals in many parts of the world. There will also be concern\ about whether this is a marriage driven by immigration because many families would refuse a marriage with a disabled spouse.
No I have not done so I was waiting too see if I am able to keep the job. I only started working on Januaray 25. I work 22 hours a week. Should I sent a employment letter and paystubs to the CIC officer ?? @scylla

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You have to advise the province you receive disability from. Part of the rules involve notifying if you go back to work.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

WHen did you apply?

gujrati786

Dec 3, 2018
You have to advise the province you receive disability from. Part of the rules involve notifying if you go back to work.
The province does know as I have to do monthly updates. It's just I haven't sent anything to the immigration officer for my file and with my interview next month they will ask questions about employment. Do I need to send the immigration officer a letter of employment ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The province does know as I have to do monthly updates. It's just I haven't sent anything to the immigration officer for my file and with my interview next month they will ask questions about employment. Do I need to send the immigration officer a letter of employment ?
You answered no to my question. Sure you can advise CIC about your current employment.