+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need a lot of photos to sponsor my wife? (Anyone approved with less photos?)

416siha

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
T.O.
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV. 7th 2016 (App Received... : NOV. 9th 2016)
AOR Received.
NOV. 22nd 2016 / SA: DEC. 2nd 2016
Long story in short, we both know each other through our families, but not related. Then we dated for just over a year and we're so much in love, even though her parents didn't like me because of horoscope, I proposed her over Skype, then we got registered last march. Now I'm trying to sponsor my wife but I don't have a lot of photos, other than from our registration ceremony which took place last March. My wife and I took a lot of photos with my family who attended the ceremony, but not a lot from my wife's family side as they didn't attend it due to their disagreement with us due to horoscope. We have loads of call logs through Whatsapp and a few chat logs. Will we have any issues once we submit our application?

MrsMelnic8

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 11, 2015 Application received: Nov. 16,2015 Application started processing: Feb. 2,2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: Jan.12,2016 AOR2: March 28,2016
File Transfer...
Jan. 11, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: Sept. 09, 2015
Passport Req..
June 27,2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 12, 2016
LANDED..........
July 22,2016
Re: Do I need a lot of photos to sponsor my wife?

Well having lots of proof of relationship makes the ties stronger. You can also add receipts of money sent and letters by mail too. If not then you just have to supply an explanation as to why you dont have much photos eith your wifes family in detail

416siha

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
T.O.
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.

Will they reject me due to lack of photos? I do have a few moneygram transfer bills for the cash I sent her and 2 anniversary presents that we sent each other for our yearly dating anniversary. I'm really worried, I'm just really nervous and scared that they would reject us or something. But I do have a huge call log just for the last 2 months, but before that, I can't find any because Whatsapp doesn't keep a bigger history.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

it is quality than quantity.

do not need send a lot of photos but photos on special events , with families etc.

beside photos, if you/she travel to meet each other, then you can send recipe of plan ticket.

DB2101

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-5-2016
Med's Done....
24-03-2016 Upfront

416siha said:
Will they reject me due to lack of photos? I do have a few moneygram transfer bills for the cash I sent her and 2 anniversary presents that we sent each other for our yearly dating anniversary. I'm really worried, I'm just really nervous and scared that they would reject us or something. But I do have a huge call log just for the last 2 months, but before that, I can't find any because Whatsapp doesn't keep a bigger history.
Whats app will go back as far as you've had your phone. Maybe your wife has a longer history on hers, if she hasn't gotten a new phone recently. Ours went back to 2013.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah

416siha said:
So you only have pictures from ceremony in March and communication proof for only last 2 months? If this is all you are able to submit you may have a problem.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009

Send the photos you do have. One or two from each occasion will be enough, except for the registration. For that, send a lot of photos showing you two with family members and friends. It is good to have photographic proof of how many people attended.

416siha

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
T.O.
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.

Yah CanadianWoman, I made a Word Document with a list of around 25 people who attended the registration ceremony and we took photos with every family and friends and in the word documents I added names with those photos.

But we don't have many other photos though. Does anyone have experience with a situation where not having a lot of photos and call logs like mine? And I wasn't aware of this until I went through this whole sponsoring thing.

Btw our call Whats app log is really huge just for the last 2 months though.

[quote author=DB2101]
Whats app will go back as far as you've had your phone. Maybe your wife has a longer history on hers, if she hasn't gotten a new phone recently. Ours went back to 2013.
[/quote]

Apparently we both have new phones. She got her new phone back in January, mine in mid February. :(

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016

You can't make up photos where they do not exist so you need to think of other ways. Did you send cards, gifts? You will need to write letters explaining your relationship anyway so put extra effort into those letters. Be honest and imagine yourself talking to a friend and you are telling them your story. All you can do is the best you can.
It is always about quality not quantity and being honest.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016

If you ever get to the interview stage using words like "apparently we both have new phones will be red flags. Those are subjects most people already know about each other. Do you have copies of emails? Or can you take snapshots of your what'sapp chats? Writing just a love story is not real life. Couples talk about really boring subjects such as insurance, phones, paying bills, household duties etc

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009

If there is an interview, you can explain that you both recently got new phones, so your whatsapp logs don't go back far. That should be OK. Do you have other proof such as travel receipts (plane tickets, boarding passes, train tickets, etc.) that showed you went to visit each other, or that you traveled together places? In addition, you can get family and friends to write letters or affidavits stating that they know both of you, and believe that your relationship is genuine.

In addition, from now on collect evidence of your relationship. If there is an interview, it will be months from now at least. At the interview the applicant can show the evidence you have collected since the application was sent in. The visa officer might also ask you for more evidence later on in the process, so prepare for that now.

M

mikeymyke

Do you at least have photos of the two of you together on a regular basis? The goal here is to try to avoid the interview, not to anticipate it coming and preparing for the worst, because the wait time for an interview can be incredibly long and only adds unecessary delays. You also haven't told us the rest of the relationship. Is this an arranged marriage? How long have you spent in person with your wife? etc

416siha

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
T.O.
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.

It's basically like this,
I got to know her through my cousin. We started dating on February of 2015, her family rejected me due to horoscope but we still continued, proposed and she accepted, I went to Sri Lanka just last month of March this year for 2 weeks (2016, I could only stay for 2 weeks because of my job), and we both got registered. For the ceremony, there were around 25 attendees, the family from my side came, including my mom during the registration ceremony. But her family did not as her family didn't even know. She didn't tell them. Only 2 of her friends and my cousin who is my wife's best friend attended from her side. But my mom and my family still strongly supports our love relationship, so they all attended.

Evidences we have,
* We exchanged some cards
* 2 video slideshows she made me
* Other gifts like a necklace I bought her for our year dating anniversary.
* 2 or 3 money transferring (money-gram) bills
* Some call logs that only goes a few months back, from both sides (I'm still in the process of collecting them).
* But we only have photos taken together within the 2 weeks of my visit. Some photos of us together and a lot of photos from the registration ceremony with my family. Then we visited like 1 or 2 places and took some selfies there as well.
* A bill of me taking her on a date and we took some selfies of us there.
* And then our wedding certificates.

Is that enough? The last few weeks working on the form has been like hell for me and her, going crazy just because that's all we have, and I'm having a hard time collecting more evidence because all we have are the things I mentioned because we dated just over a year and I only visited her once because of my job. And hardest of all, is staying away from each other. I'm sure how you all feel the same way when you're away from your loved one.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016

You will both need to write a letter and just be honest and open.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how much was money gram?
what is the reason?

if it was significant mount without specific reason, that would be problem.