+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need a little help (FSW)

TBare1

Jun 18, 2018
First time user of this forum.

I have a few questions.

I am inside Canada on a temp foreign permit (Been working for 8 months). I went to school here in Canada on a study permit and started working in the field I went to school for. My wife and I are wanting to become permanent residence. I am eligible under a BC PNP program, but not through the express entry because my skill level is a D. However, I do have skill B experience from when I was still living back home in Sweden. I did the online calculation and it says I am eligible for Express Entry. Am I allowed to apply under a Federal Skilled Worker program if I am not working in my skill level anymore? I meet the requirements I find on the CIC website but I am just confused if I am allowed to enter express entry and apply for that program if I am not currently working in a skill level D position? My education is eligible and I am a CLB 9 for language requirements.

Thanks for hearing me out!

TBare1

Jun 18, 2018
First time user of this forum.

I have a few questions.

I am inside Canada on a temp foreign permit (Been working for 8 months). I went to school here in Canada on a study permit and started working in the field I went to school for. My wife and I are wanting to become permanent residence. I am eligible under a BC PNP program, but not through the express entry because my skill level is a D. However, I do have skill B experience from when I was still living back home in Sweden. I did the online calculation and it says I am eligible for Express Entry. Am I allowed to apply under a Federal Skilled Worker program if I am not working in my skill level anymore? I meet the requirements I find on the CIC website but I am just confused if I am allowed to enter express entry and apply for that program if I am not currently working in a skill level D position? My education is eligible and I am a CLB 9 for language requirements.

Thanks for hearing me out!
Sorry. It is supposed to say a the end...Skill Level B position anymore, not D.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - you can enter Express Entry. Note that at this time you need 440+ points to be selected.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Yes, you can qualify under FSW if the work experience was continuous full-time one year and during the last 10 years. Also, you will need a letter from your employer certifying the experience (dates of employment, job duties, salary, hours per week etc.) on their letter head.

TBare1

Jun 18, 2018
Yes - you can enter Express Entry. Note that at this time you need 440+ points to be selected.
And if I am below that point range, do I just wait or try and boost my score somehow?

Also, to clarify...I do not need to be working at that skill level anymore? It was 4 years ago and full-time for over a year but I do not work in that field at all anymore.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
And if I am below that point range, do I just wait or try and boost my score somehow?

Also, to clarify...I do not need to be working at that skill level anymore? It was 4 years ago and full-time for over a year but I do not work in that field at all anymore.
You should certainly try to boost your score. Typically the easiest way to do that is to retake IELTS to achieve a higher score.