01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thank you all! :)
I have one last question. What would happen if I get the ITA through the CEC but I would also be elegible through the FSW?
If you meet the eligibility requirements for both, you would receive an ITA under the CEC class, by default. This is a good thing - the CEC application is much simpler.

doble

Apr 25, 2017
If you meet the eligibility requirements for both, you would receive an ITA under the CEC class, by default. This is a good thing - the CEC application is much simpler.
I see. But in my case I'm eligible in the system without having the one year Canadian experience, so I need to decline the ITA. This would be a bummer if I am matching the cut CRS for the FSW.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I see. But in my case I'm eligible in the system without having the one year Canadian experience, so I need to decline the ITA. This would be a bummer if I am matching the cut CRS for the FSW.
You could delete the Canadian experience, add it back when you have completed one year.

goliper

Jun 14, 2017
Hi

The system calculates month to month, not day to day, so it sees July 2016-June 2017 as a year. If you receive an ITA before you have 12 full months or experience, you need to decline.
Hum, I don't think your information is accurate. The system is accepting 11 months, so I would not decline if I had in that situation. There is nothing on their website that support that month to month theory. Well, I might be wrong as well.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hum, I don't think your information is accurate. The system is accepting 11 months, so I would not decline if I had in that situation. There is nothing on their website that support that month to month theory. Well, I might be wrong as well.
canuck_in_UK is correct. It is possible to receive an ITA before you are eligible, and if you apply with that, you will be refused.

IRCC instructs you not to submit a profile until you are sure you qualify. Regardless of how the online profile system is set up, the rules are that you have to have a MINIMUM of one year of experience, and that you MUST meet this requirement at the time of the ITA. Hundreds, if not thousands, have had their first applications refused for this reason.

It is true that the minutia of how to submit an eligible application are not easy to find, but they ARE on the IRCC website.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My information is accurate. If you apply under CEC with less than a full year of experience when the ITA is issued, you do not qualify and the app will be refused. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that they meet all requirements regardless of what the system says.

goliper

Jun 14, 2017
My information is accurate. If you apply under CEC with less than a full year of experience when the ITA is issued, you do not qualify and the app will be refused. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that they meet all requirements regardless of what the system says.
I understand that, but how do you explain the fact of not saying 1 year experience, and in the work history you add your current job and the system still gives you the point???
It happened to me as well. I said that I didn't have 1 year, but the system still accepted. I am allowed to create my profile anytime with current and accurate information, so the system makes the decision based on what you have uploaded. By the way, you do not choose under which category to apply, right? If you are not eligible, the system will tell you.
I don't know, but I'd like to know where you get those information from.
Cheers,

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I understand that, but how do you explain the fact of not saying 1 year experience, and in the work history you add your current job and the system still gives you the point???
It happened to me as well. I said that I didn't have 1 year, but the system still accepted. I am allowed to create my profile anytime with current and accurate information, so the system makes the decision based on what you have uploaded. By the way, you do not choose under which category to apply, right? If you are not eligible, the system will tell you.
I don't know, but I'd like to know where you get those information from.
Cheers,
You can talk about the system all you want, the bottom line is that the applicant is responsible (not the system) to make sure he/she meets the eligibility requirements.

jes already provided a link for you to understand how applications are assessed.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
The explanation - the EOI profile uses only mm/yyyy (for some unknown reason), while the VO will use mm/dd/yyyy to calculate your actual work experience. So someone who worked (for example) from June 30, 2016 to May 1, 2017 would get credit for the full month of June and May in the online profile. But the VO would say they are 2 months short of meeting the one year requirement.

The reason for this "glitch" remains a mystery. IRCC could easily resolve this problem by changing the online forms to use full dates. But they keep the application fee of people who are suckered into applying too soon, so ...

nuwan.chathuranga

Apr 17, 2021
Hello All,

I came Canada as a Software Engineer with a LMIA based job offer in June 12 2022. So in my EE profile,

• Federal Skilled Worker - Met
  • Canadian Experience Class - Met (Previously this was Not Met, recently changed to Met)
Can you please explain this, because I have no 1 year work experience at the moment.

Thank you very much

sarveshkalyan

Nov 11, 2020
Hello All,

I came Canada as a Software Engineer with a LMIA based job offer in June 12 2022. So in my EE profile,

• Federal Skilled Worker - Met
  • Canadian Experience Class - Met (Previously this was Not Met, recently changed to Met)
Can you please explain this, because I have no 1 year work experience at the moment.

Thank you very much
Hi, I am also in a similar situation after updating the NOC codes to 5 digits. my EE profile now says eligibility is met under CEC(previously it was only for FSW)

Is this a glitch?, because there hasn't been any recent updates to the eligibility criteria under CEC right?

neo_dxb

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Same situation for me. I just have 6 months of Canadian work experience so far and my express entry profile says I have 'met' the 'Canadian Express Class' criteria. This happened after I updated the NOC codes to reflect the new TEER system. I haven't seen any updates from IRCC pertaining to potential changes to the CEC program thus far. I don't mind them making me eligible for CEC, but at the same time I don't want to decline the ITA (when it comes) because I'll lose the FSW eligibility and have to create a new profile altogether.
Anyone has any updates on this?

nuwan.chathuranga

Apr 17, 2021
Same situation for me. I just have 6 months of Canadian work experience so far and my express entry profile says I have 'met' the 'Canadian Express Class' criteria. This happened after I updated the NOC codes to reflect the new TEER system. I haven't seen any updates from IRCC pertaining to potential changes to the CEC program thus far. I don't mind them making me eligible for CEC, but at the same time I don't want to decline the ITA (when it comes) because I'll lose the FSW eligibility and have to create a new profile altogether.
Hi, why do we have to create another profile? We can go with both CEC and FSW. ITA will not decline.
Thnx

neo_dxb

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Apparently it is a glitch in the system that is causing this. https://www.cicnews.com/2022/12/ircc-confirms-it-glitch-affecting-express-entry-candidates-1232210.html#gs.koarx7